What songs do you really want to hear on the upcoming tour?

XxXxXxXxX

Besides all of the standards which I will love to hear because I've never seen Green Day, I really hope to hear:

1. Whatsername because it's the most beautiful Green Day song, but I don't want the whole 6 piece  band on this one, just the original arrangement because the simplicity of the thing is part of it's beauty.

2. Blood Sex and Booze because it's sweet and kinky, it kicks ass,  and it's  my favorite song on Warning!

3. Brutal Love because it's one of the best Trilogy songs and it really showcases Billie Joe's vocal talent.

4. Haushinka because it kicks ass! Every time I hear this on Nimrod I think "This would be AMAZING live!"

5. Acoustic version of Stay the Night because it's so much better that way, just a really sweet, pretty song.

I can't wait!!!! Boston, October 1, YEAH!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, crock6000 said:

They play Minority at the end of the first episode of season one of "Silicon Valley" which is an insanely funny show about the tech world in Palo Alto (Bay Area) which made sense for the episode and also was a throw to Green Day as Bay Area residents.

Should definitely watch that show from season 1 to date if you're not. FUCKING HYSTERICAL! Mike Judge show (Beavis and Butthead).

Cool.  I'll mention it to hubby and have him find in On Demand or online.  Thanks!

Songs I want to hear but they will never play because they are a band of dicks:

Homecoming (kill off JOS already)
Dirty Rotten Bastards (will never play it purely because all fans want to hear it)
Jaded (who was the fuckwit to keep Brainstew but ditch Jaded SERIOUSLY??????)
Desensitized
Horseshoes and Handgrenades
All The Time
Haushinka
Chump
Restless Heart Syndrome
Last Of The American Girls
Whatsername

• 2 weeks later...

It's expected that they'll be playing their popular hits such as Basket Case, When I Come Around, and American Idiot on their next tour. I especially hope they'll play the underrated songs that I listed on the "most underrated Green Day tracks" thread. Below, I'm going to list their songs that have less of a chance of  being played in their concerts:

39/Smooth: Disappearing Boy and Green Day

Kerplunk: 2,000 Light Years Away, One for the Razorbacks, Christie Road, Android, Dominated Love Slave, Who Wrote Holden Caufield?, No One Knows, Private Ale, and One of My Lies

Green Day EP: Sweet Children, Best Thing in Town, and Strangeland

Dookie: Burnout, Having a Blast, Chump, Pulling Teeth, Sassafras Roots, Coming Clean, Enemius Sleepus, In The End, F.O.D./All By Myself

Insomniac: Armatage Shanks, No Pride, Bab's Uvula Who?, 86, Panic Song, Stuart and the Ave, Westbound Sign, Tightwad Hill

Nimrod: The Grouch, Scattered, Platypus, Uptight, Last Ride In, Jinx/Haushinka, Reject, Take Back, Prosthetic Head

Warning: All twelve songs (Minority is played frequently though)

American Idiot: Are We The Waiting, Give Me Novacaine, Homecoming, Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown: Pretty new, so I figure they'll play most songs from this album. I do hope for American Eulogy & See The Light.

i hope they will play as many songs out of revrad as possible :) bang bang, revrad, still breathing .. there is not one song I dont want to listen to live :D

a second tour leg could be all about the fun-thing again, playing the most popular songs of revrad and leave some space for older stuff :)

Green Day, Paper Lanterns, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, 2000 Light Years Away, When I Come Around, Coming Clean, Brain Stew, Walking Contradiction, Jaded, Good Riddance (As final song/encore), Redundant, King for a Day, Nice Guys Finish Last, Scattered, Warning, Letterbomb, Homecoming, American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia (Encore), WMUWSE, 21 Guns, Restless Heart Syndrome, 21st Century Breakdown, Horshoes and Handgrenades, Last Night on Earth, Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, Kill the DJ *ducks*, Oh Love, Stray Heart, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Amy, Brutal Love, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards and hopefully Bang Bang. (Most likely will).

Archived