What songs do you really want to hear on the upcoming tour?

XxXxXxXxX

Some unlikely songs I'm really hoping to hear include 21 Guns, Reject, In the End, and Jinx!

I also REALLY hope they go back to Good Riddance for their closer.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suffocate and Desentized (or whatever you spell it), then Lazy Bones, X-kid, Peacemaker, Little Girl, Before The Lobotomy, Having A Blast (though I totally get why playing that one is a horrendous idea), Brutal Love (most of the trilogy, in fact. Most of those songs sound so much better live.) and let's say, more of Warning. I learned Blood, Sex and Booze on the guitar (thank you for inspiration, C.) and since then, the album is on my mind more often. Today I had Misery stuck in my head, even though I haven't heard it for ages.

The songs I'd most like to hear are 21 Guns and Warning. I'd also like to hear some of their earlier stuff off 1039 and Kerplunk. 

I think it would be nice if they could put at least one song from each album on their set lists. 

Hoping we get to hear some rare gems from Nimrod that never get played much - Worry Rock /  Jinx/Haushinka  etc

Also over ones like Android and Westbound sign would be a bonus - but very unlikely :( 

3 minutes ago, ghesboro said:

Homecoming and Ha Ha You're Dead.

+1 for Homecoming it's a shame it does not get any love - Does anyone think  J.O.S is overrated ?

Christie Road, Who wrote holden caulfield and Redundant. Anything from 1039 and Insomniac except Brain stew & Jaded. 

Haha You're Dead, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Westbound sign, Sex Drugs & Violence, Worry Rock, Poprocks and Coke.

1 hour ago, ElectricBlue said:

+1 for Homecoming it's a shame it does not get any love - Does anyone think  J.O.S is overrated ?

I wouldn't say it's overrated, because it's still a 9 minute song made up of 5 different acts which only uses a bunch of power chords, which, to me, is quite remarkable. But when you see it live for the 3rd time in a row during the encore it can be quite exhausting. Although I'm perfectly fine with them playing it live, because that's something you have to see at least once in your life. I do prefer Homecoming though.

Lazy bones, Blood Sex and Booze and Drama Queen.

I just hope they don't just write off the trilogy like I have a feeling they will. Oh Love is awesome live, and DRB would be amazing to see live too. I'd love to see X-Kid and Let Yourself Go on their regular set list too, but doubtful I think. 

Oh yeah.. One live version of The Forgotten would be pretty rad too ?

:banana: King for a Day :banana:

Seriously the most fun and entertaining part of the show. And Brutal Love followed by Good Riddance is the perfect ending so I do hope they keep that. They play quite an excessive amount of (the same) Dookie and AI songs so they could really drop some of them. Plenty of new songs would be nice, other than that the only two I haven't seen that I really crave are Homecoming and Fuck Time (although they don't seem particularly likely :P), and even though I've seen Blood Sex and Booze I'd always be happy to see it again.

5 hours ago, ElectricBlue said:

JOS is really great but it's not so much greater than every other Green Day song that it deserves to have the god like status above them all it has, so I would have to say it's overrated. I'd be very pleased if they switched it up for Homecoming, or Dirty Rotten Bastards.

blood sex and booze 

jackass

east jesus nowhere without child part

Whatever they choose to play because they pick the setlist and it doesn"t really matter what we think 

I'd love to hear Christie Road, I love the version on Awesome as F**k.  I heard it before the original and that was what made me go back and check out Kerplunk, which was obviously a really great outcome.

Scattered, church on sunday, misery, fell for you and nightlife but I get pulled on stag to sing the lady cobra part

Church on Sunday, Scattered, Prosthetic Head, Stuart and the Ave, No Pride, I Was There, Christie Road, The Judge's Daughter, Misery, Letterbomb, Whatsername, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Restless Heart Syndrome, See the Light, Rusty James, Stop When the Red Lights Flash, Lazy Bones, Dirty Rotten Bastards, and X-Kid.

5 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Whatever they choose to play because they pick the setlist and it doesn"t really matter what we think 

??

I would honestly be surprised if they kept more than one or two trilogy songs on the setlist unfortunately

50 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

I would honestly be surprised if they kept more than one or two trilogy songs on the setlist unfortunately

Which trilogy songs will they keep? 

8th Avenue Serenade, Devils Kind, Android, Emenius Sleepus, Westbound Sign, 80, Homecoming, Whatsername, Lazy Bones, Christians Inferno, The Judges Daughter, Castaway, See the Light, Stuck with me, Tight Wad Hill, Jinx/Haushinka and 1000 hours

Everything.. 

I know a lot of you guys didn't like the trilogy but it'd be nice to hear them continue to play songs off of it. Missing you, X kid, carpe diem, Rusty James, Stray Heart, etc. I'm pretty bummed they don't play many breakdown songs live either, that was a stellar album IMO.

7 hours ago, tacobellfan456 said:

Deadbeat Holiday! :runaround:

Yes! That's in my top 5. It's a shame they never played it live

Archived