Selling a handwritten note from Billie Joe

Bartender

Hello there, I used to bartend at a spot the band came into regularly. Billie got a bit boisterous one evening and was a bit rude to me. He wrote me an apology note on the back of a cocktail napkin a week later. This was years ago. Anyway, I'm selling the note but don't have a clue what it might be worth? Anyone have any ideas? And do I need to authenticate something like this? Thanks for your help, a former bartender 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lizziebix said:

Can you post a picture of it?  Thanks.

Is that because he mentioned cocktail napkin:ga:

oh my god I remember this, you had this on YouTube literally years ago? can't see it being worth much though honestly 

"worst day of my life" such dramatics, beej 

Thanks for posting the photo! Looks legit, certainly looks like his handwriting. Cool thing to have but yeah I'm not sure how to know what it would be worth when it's a note rather than a signed item, there isn't much to compare it to. Maybe someone with more knowledge of buying and selling GD stuff can help though.

Find another way to get money. If you don't want the damn napkin through it in the garbage. It's an apology "letter" by billie joe. If you're a fan you'd surely keep it since you're not why take money from people? 
I always hated when people sold napkins and stuff like that people signed or wrote on and try to make money for something you got for free.

To be honest you would probably get more for the story - I'll pass the hat around?

This is a cool thing to see, very in line with Billie's personality and I got a chuckle out of it. That said, I wouldn't pay money to have it.

I remember this story. Something about seeing Billie following an altercation, noticing that he was glaring at them as he wrote furiously on a napkin, handed it to them and took off. Not sure why you'd be trying to value something like this though. Maybe you're not necessarily a fan, but something so unique should hold sentimental value.

Let's not be so harsh and take into account that this person is probably not a Green Day fan. They probably don't really care for the napkin but it's too cool to go to waste.

they stumbled on a site like this to see if anyone was willing to buy it off of them. I think it's pretty cool. I would buy it if I had the money to blow on stuff like this, but I don't.

I'm interested in hearing the story but would't buy the napkin. To be fair, I'm not interested in any memorabilia. 

I would try auctioning it on ebay or I'd keep it and hope the price will rise when he dies or Green Day  goes mainstream again or something lol 

6 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Never saw anyone write "I" like that

I write I like that 

Anyway, it's a cool piece of memorabilia, but too personal to be of any value to anyone else imo. 

Billie is rude to servers? That's a big red flag right there.

8 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Never saw anyone write "I" like that

Really, it's pretty common for an uppercase I

57 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Really, it's pretty common for an uppercase I

I just write a line and that's it

"Son of a bitch and Edgar Allen Poe" confirmed fake. Just kidding, it does look like his handwriting. 

"The night of our falling out I was having the worst day of my life" 

:lol::lol: 

Breaking news Billie Joe Armstrong calls bartender "bitch" because he's forced to attend a SWMRS gig. 

2 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

"The night of our falling out I was having the worst day of my life" 

:lol::lol: 

Breaking news Billie Joe Armstrong calls bartender "bitch" because he's forced to attend a SWMRS gig. 

This is possibly your greatest post ever.

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie is rude to servers? That's a big red flag right there.

That's a big red flag saying "bait" :P

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'd keep it and hope the price will rise when he dies 

:ermm:

Archived