Interview with engineer Chris Dugan

emenius

Think it's been covered elsewhere- but generally interesting interview with insight into working relationship with Green Day, covers their recording with U2/Rick Rubin.

As far as new album goes he said they're in the studio just now and about to finish up. Not sure when the interview was recorded though- but assuming very recent.

ok so heads up, the first 8 minutes are just rambling, skip those, interview starts at about 8:40 into it

2 hours ago, Nimrod09 said:

Did he say anything interesting ?

"Working on an album with Green Day now just about to finish it up" something like that around 46- 47 minutes

I'm not sure if the concensus is that they're as far as we expected or behind our made-up schedule. 

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm not sure if the concensus is that they're as far as we expected or behind our made-up schedule. 

This is all speculation, of course, but I think they are done. 

That was a really cool interview. It was interesting hearing him talk about that time when Green Day and U2 were recording The Saints Are Coming with Rick Rubin.

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

uhhh.. dont know where you've been but the albums been out for like a million years now.. i got the torrent sooo longgg ago!  

If they just finished up that means probably a September / October release.  That gives them 4ish months to get art and prep work done.   So I'm thinking single in.....August-ish.   

15 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

If they just finished up that means probably a September / October release.  That gives them 4ish months to get art and prep work done.   So I'm thinking single in.....August-ish.   

Yep

Does he say anything more about the upcoming album? The podcast is rather long and I'm technically supposed to be studying for a science final.

10 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Does he say anything more about the upcoming album? The podcast is rather long and I'm technically supposed to be studying for a science final.

No. He just talks about his professional experience and how he got started. He touches just a little bit on his experiences with Green Day. One of the most interesting part to me was about his "job" with Green Day. He said he's a full time, salaried employee and only has to commit to the band when they need him.

11 hours ago, emenius said:

in the studio just now and about to finish up. 

Sounds good to me!

We should be getting at least speculative info soon.    Coffee and Repent - Released at last!    

Archived