#30GreenDays Creative Pitch

Sanity Loan

Art Director and Graphic Designer Doug Dean has started up a #30GreenDays campaign in which the artist is creating a visual representation of 30 Green Day songs every day this month. Doug is using the campaign as a creative pitch to Green Day themselves with the goal to design the band's next album artwork.

http://www.30greendays.com/

060816_30greendays.jpg

15 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I hope he is too late.  This is really cool though.

Gotta say I have to agree. Plus, I really love the work Chris Bilheimer does for them.

These are really cool though. 2000 Light Years Away is my favorite, and American idiot looks like it would be perfect for a NoFX album. 

I love this artwork! He's chosen really interesting images to represent each song. It'll be fun following it for the rest of the month to see what he comes up with each day.

The images did not really impress me that much. But his artwork for Anti-Flag's American Spring album was quite impressive though.

Maybe Green Day can release another b-sides or demo album soon so he can have a go with that.

Thanks for sharing my project. Good to hear everyone's response. Glad people are digging it. 

For those who are not impressed... I have 21 more days to impress you, haha.

Chris Bilheimer does great work for Green Day. Seeing Nimrod's cover when I was 12 was the reason why I got into design. But maybe it's time to try something new. To quote Billie Joe, "fuck the old generation start something new". Even a collaboration with Chris or b-side, demo, merch design would be cool (although I hope to be more than just demo-worthy someday, haha).

The album art may already be figured out. But it might not be. Before this project I thought two things: I could sit on the couch and wonder what it would be like to do art for such an influential band like Green Day. Or I could be crazy and have a go at it. I decided to be crazy. And the fact that you never knew of my work and now do is a w!n in my book. 

To everyone that has been following, liking, and supporting this project...I thank you endlessly. 

Now I gotta go figure out what I'm going to post today. Yikes, 30 days of design? I must be fucking crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to say how good this is again now it's complete! Interesting and enjoyable from start to finish, great work @dougdeanart.

I feel like a raving bitch, which I probably am, but I don't like these.  Well, I can't say I don't like them, some of the pictures are pretty cool, but I found I had to look up what most of them are supposed to be.  It was not intuitive.  I know art work is an interpretation and people get out of it what they want, but I just feel that considering this is supposed to represent GD songs I should have been able to figure out most of them.  I love the artwork itself, I just don't think it conveyed the GD songs well.

2 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I feel like a raving bitch, which I probably am, but I don't like these.  Well, I can't say I don't like them, some of the pictures are pretty cool, but I found I had to look up what most of them are supposed to be.  It was not intuitive.  I know art work is an interpretation and people get out of it what they want, but I just feel that considering this is supposed to represent GD songs I should have been able to figure out most of them.  I love the artwork itself, I just don't think it conveyed the GD songs well.

I see your point. I tried to guess what each of them meant before looking and couldn't figure out most of them. But once I knew what to look for, I could see what they were about and what inspiration he took. I'm bad at understanding visual art so I accounted it for my own ignorance so it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I do agree it would be way better if they were more intuitive. Nevertheless, I like most of these. 

Archived