What type of song are you hoping the lead single to be?

Justin1

As long as the first single/video is anything like THIS I'll be satisfied ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Nimrodness said:

Rock Oprea is the meaning of life LOL!

But, Green Day already has Uno Dos Tre. Why another trilogy?

Or add another guitarist (NOT someone legendary) that could make it more interesting.

I'd be okay with that if they went the Maiden route and actually used that to their advantage, to beef up the sound and to add more layers/allow Billie or Jason to do things that they couldn't previously have done with one lead guitarist and one playing rhythm.

I still think their worst single choice ever was LOTAG.

It really dependes on the type of record they're releasing. If it's political oriented, like Warning/AI/21CB, #1 would be perfect. It doesn't have to be a rock opera.

11 hours ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

I'd be okay with that if they went the Maiden route and actually used that to their advantage, to beef up the sound and to add more layers/allow Billie or Jason to do things that they couldn't previously have done with one lead guitarist and one playing rhythm.

OH, Nvm

• 3 weeks later...

Let's take a look at all the lead singles from each album:   Longview, Geek Stink Breath, Hitchin a Ride, Minority, American Idiot, Know Your Enemy, Oh Love, Stray Heart and X-Kid.  I think it's safe to say they will continue using a punchy, faster paced song to introduce us to their albums, no matter what said album sounds like.   They could get crazy and do a big ballad first but probably not.  

On 6/9/2016 at 1:14 PM, ghesboro said:

I think he meant he doesn't like the phrase "pop-punk", not the music genre itself. "Pop-punk" is an oxymoron, and as someone on Tumblr suggested, the term "vans vans snapback basement music" would be more accurate (talking about modern pop-punk here). So I don't think he meant he wants to leave pop-punk behind, he just wishes it were called something else.

Green Day would rather be identified as a Rock N Roll band.  Most bands get annoyed when they get lumped into categories.  Have you ever heard a musician call themselves 'pop punkers' or 'grunge rockers?   No, because nobody has ever formed a band and wanted it to be known for those things.  People get together and play rock music and the record company tells the public what genre its supposed to be and people accept it or form that opinion on their own.    But I'm sure I've heard Billie say on multiple times that they play "rock" music.   All that other "pop punk", "punk rock" "alternative" junk, that could stand to go away.   I remember trying to explain to people what "alternative rock" was and being frustrated.  It's freaking Rock N Roll.  From the most polished pop rock to the sleaveist grind core, it's all different shades of the same color.  and maybe Green Day will try bring that to light on the new album.    I don't know.  

• 2 weeks later...

my answer is simple. I would  like it to be Good.

I hope the new single is called "Bang Bang." Would be such a stellar title and would make us all very excited. 

34 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I hope the new single is called "Bang Bang." Would be such a stellar title and would make us all very excited. 

No prizes for second.

Politically charged or a balled. When they release political stuff it sells well and attracts more listeners. But i love balleds like last night on earth or 21guns and bobd

I hope it's a pumped up anthem song, kind of like Know your Enemy. I'm hoping for some nary political lyrics and something packed with energy. 

On 6/7/2016 at 11:12 PM, Trotsky said:

I'd rather something epic like Jesus of Suburbia than any sort of radio friendly single. 

That song made me feel like i found god, i would love if they did that again

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2016 at 10:08 AM, ghesboro said:

They already have 2 guitarists (at least), I wouldn't add another one. It's Green Day, not Eagles.

Agreed dude :star:

On 7/3/2016 at 7:45 PM, PurpleIron1039 said:

That would be EXTREMELY cool, but there's one problem, Maiden has like 61/2 members.

Archived