If you could name the new album, what would it be?

Justin1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie Mike And Tre's Excellent Adventures! Or.. Billie Mike and Tre's Bogus Journey :)

Dunno if Jason would be in there, but that would be fun!

What I think the new album will be called: Revolution Radio

What I want the new album to be called: Well, I don't really know, it's a really tough call to make without knowing anything about the material on it.  I'm not a fan of self titled, it just seems lazy.  I definitely think they should avoid a Spanish title.  I don't really care whether it's one word or more, as long as it's not like the essay-length title of The 1975's new album.  Does it have to be profound?  No.  Can it be meaningful?  Yes.  I'd like it to be called something like Gorrilla Warfare, mildly comical but with the play on words pointing to the animalistic tactics used by politicians in their battles.  But that doesn't sound like a green day album title to me.  I really just want it to be something that they've come up with that none of us could, which embodies where they are as a band, in their personal lives and with their music, and is 110% Green Day.

Spoiler

Ooh 110% Green Day sounds like a good title :P  Maybe for a compilation though haha.

8 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I just think a self-titled album would be decent since they haven't done it yet, and might be interesting for a 12th album.. It's the only thing they haven't done yet lol.

But they have. 3 times.

Green Day : uno

Green Day Dos

Green Day: Tre

3 self-titled albums, and they were the most recent albums

11 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

But they have. 3 times.

Green Day : uno

Green Day Dos

Green Day: Tre

3 self-titled albums, and they were the most recent albums

That's somewhat debatable lol.

They weren't self-titled, they were called Uno, Dos and Tre. 

5 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

The newest one is really good.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Yeah I doubt you gave White album a chance.

I thought it was okay; it wasn't as good as Everything Will Be Alright though. I just don't like when artists cheapen the power of a self-titled album. To me, a self-titled record is a definitive statement of "this is 100% us; this record encompasses all that we are, all that we stand for, and all that we want to be; this is our album." I'm not wrong: that idea is reflected so much in a lot of the most important eponymous albums from throughout history, like Elvis Presley, The Beatles, The Doors, Ramones, The Clash, even ones as recent as Blink-182. And it irks me when artists/bands either do a self-titled record because they couldn't think of any other better titles, or they turn the self-titled album into a cheap gimmick like Weezer's color-coded ones. They don't realize the power that comes with self-titling your album. To me, before you consider an eponymous title, you have to be really sure that this album will be the one album that truly represents you.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

I thought it was okay; it wasn't as good as Everything Will Be Alright though. I just don't like when artists cheapen the power of a self-titled album. To me, a self-titled record is a definitive statement of "this is 100% us; this record encompasses all that we are, all that we stand for, and all that we want to be; this is our album." I'm not wrong: that idea is reflected so much in a lot of the most important eponymous albums from throughout history, like Elvis Presley, The Beatles, The Doors, Ramones, The Clash, even ones as recent as Blink-182. And it irks me when artists/bands either do a self-titled record because they couldn't think of any other better titles, or they turn the self-titled album into a cheap gimmick like Weezer's color-coded ones. They don't realize the power that comes with self-titling your album. To me, before you consider an eponymous title, you have to be really sure that this album will be the one album that truly represents you.

Ok I think you taking album titles too far with caring about it this MUCH. Hope they drop a self titled now :P

10 hours ago, Nimrod09 said:

A self-titled album is usually for a bands first album not for their 12th. It doesn't make any sense if they did it right now. Like @JJ1964 said it shows you nothing about what the album is going to be about. That would be the last thing I would want the album to be titled. 

Well, I mean, didn't Motley Crue do it later on in their career?

Perhaps we will get a box set of the early years footage and the new album:)

This probably is a random GD thought.

13 hours ago, Nimrod09 said:

I think the album title will have something to do with all of the troubles Billie Joe has been through for the past few years, like he did with nimrod. He named it that because he was drinking heavily in that period of time and acting like an "idiot". His words not mine. So I think it will be similar to nimrod. 

I know he's said he was drinking too much and acting a fool during that time, and separately that Nimrod means nerd, loser etc, but I've never heard him say that's why he named the album that. Is there actually a quote where he links the two things or are you just assuming? 

18 hours ago, Justin1 said:

What do you think are things that Green Day haven't done or accomplished yet?

They haven't made a shitty album yet :P

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I know he's said he was drinking too much and acting a fool during that time, and separately that Nimrod means nerd, loser etc, but I've never heard him say that's why he named the album that. Is there actually a quote where he links the two things or are you just assuming? 

I think Mike named the album "Nimrod".

38 minutes ago, Private Ale. said:

I think Mike named the album "Nimrod".

I meant to say "they named the album" but yeah that's right. I don't think it's at all likely Mike would've come up with the name for that reason!

Bob. The new album should be named Bob. :P

Sorry, this was my sad attempt at humor. ;)

Can't even imagine a name since we don't know anything about it, such as subject matter, mood/tone, format, etc.

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

Can't even imagine a name since we don't know anything about it, such as subject matter, mood/tone, format, etc.

Because Uno, Dos, Tre told us so much about the albums by their names alone?

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

Because Uno, Dos, Tre told us so much about the albums by their names alone?

No, but it had a purpose/meaning.

4 hours ago, Ham Pascale said:

They haven't made a shitty album yet :P

And they never will ?

Just now, Matt. said:

No, but it had a purpose/meaning.

But the names don't say any of that.  Sure, GD explained it, but w/o that the albums could have been about anything, or nothing, combined.

Just now, lizziebix said:

But the names don't say any of that.  Sure, GD explained it, but w/o that the albums could have been about anything, or nothing, combined.

Three albums and they're called "Uno" "Dos" and "Tré(s)" - I don't think that would need an explanation.

Just now, Matt. said:

Three albums and they're called "Uno" "Dos" and "Tré(s)" - I don't think that would need an explanation.

To my friends that aren't huge fans, all it said to them was that GD wrote a lot of songs and wanted to make a lot of money by putting out 3 albums .

Archived