If you could name the new album, what would it be?

Justin1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day Authority!  

The Death of Pop Punk

XII   

He Lives! She Cries!  He Dies She Dives!  

and of course......

The Return of the Idiot

or

St. Jimmy Lives!

or 

American Idiot II 

I agree that it should be a one word title.

I think that over the years some of their song names that they have used could have made great album titles, i.e Scattered, Redundant and Platypus, those would have been excellent titles for albums. And as for songs that are more than one word, one example that could have been a great name for an album would be Before the Lobotomy.

2 minutes ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

Revolutionary radicals! 

That would be great, especially if the content matched that description.   Revolutionary songs, radical ideas!   

1 minute ago, thatdude03 said:

That would be great, especially if the content matched that description.   Revolutionary songs, radical ideas!   

I think will cry if I'm right lol. I hope I am, I love that name.

14 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Too soon bitch

Monkey Poo

Too Soon, Bitch:  Monkey Poo.   (The sequel to Dookie / spiritual sequel to American Idiot / Sister album to Insomniac .   

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm afraid my only wish is that it isn't self titled :lol:. Can't think of anything that would be more boring and unoriginal. Kind of don't want it to be anything to do with revrad either, just so I can be right about it :P. Other than that it's difficult to have an opinion on what it should be called when we have no idea of its content.

I just think a self-titled album would be decent since they haven't done it yet, and might be interesting for a 12th album.. It's the only thing they haven't done yet lol.

i 'm not sure about the album title  right now but the first song title would be "Coming From Pasalacqua" just a song with a lot of puns on it.

15 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

I just think a self-titled album would be decent since they haven't done it yet, and might be interesting for a 12th album.. It's the only thing they haven't done yet lol.

There are a ton of things they haven't done yet.  A self-titled album is pretty boring and tells you nothing about what the album is about.  

21 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

There are a ton of things they haven't done yet.  A self-titled album is pretty boring and tells you nothing about what the album is about.  

Yeah, just like Blink 182's self-titled.. What a piece of crap that was :P just curious.. What do you think are things that Green Day haven't done or accomplished yet?

1 minute ago, Nimrod09 said:

A self-titled album is usually for a bands first album not for there 12th. It doesn't make any sense if they did it right now. Like @JJ1964 said it shows you nothing about what the album is going to be about. That would be the last thing I would want the album to be titled. 

Agreed (I was actually typing out a post similar to yours but you beat me to it ;)). I want them to put a bit of thought into the album title and pick something that really suits the album, it would seem lazy and thoughtless to make it a self-titled album.

43 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

They kind of already did it by calling the last albums Uno Dos and Tre, kind of naming them after themselves but with a creative/fun twist. That'll do for me :P. But the possibilities of new ideas for the next album title will be endless once there's songs/lyrics/themes to base it on, from our point of view now it's hard to imagine anything but they could come up with a really interesting idea that reflects what's on it.

15 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Yeah, just like Blink 182's self-titled.. What a piece of crap that was :P just curious.. What do you think are things that Green Day haven't done or accomplished yet?

Who knows what they haven't done.  The creative possibilities are endless.  I have no idea what they can come up with and personally I want to be wondering what they will come up with next for the rest of my life.  The only time anyone can say they have done everything they are going to do is when they are dead.

4 hours ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

Steve

...n Seagull :toocool:

13 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Who knows what they haven't done.  The creative possibilities are endless.  I have no idea what they can come up with and personally I want to be wondering what they will come up with next for the rest of my life.  The only time anyone can say they have done everything they are going to do is when they are dead.

I definately agree with you in terms of creativity. I just mean that there isn't much they haven't accomplished. A lot of bands put out self titled albums later in their career, and it would be kind of cool to see Green Day do it at this point imo.. Especially if the songs are really good and touch on all of their styles and sounds :)

16 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

I definately agree with you in terms of creativity. I just mean that there isn't much they haven't accomplished. A lot of bands put out self titled albums later in their career, and it would be kind of cool to see Green Day do it at this point imo.. Especially if the songs are really good and touch on all of their styles and sounds :)

Why do you think it would be cool?  A self titled album is so boring.  I really don't understand why you think it is so cool 

4 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Why do you think it would be cool?  A self titled album is so boring.  I really don't understand why you think it is so cool 

Okay 'cool' may not be the best word, but I'm just saying a diverse self-titled album with a lot of great songs might be a good way to re-start and refresh them after the madness of the trilogy era. 

9 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Okay 'cool' may not be the best word, but I'm just saying a diverse self-titled album with a lot of great songs might be a good way to re-start and refresh them after the madness of the trilogy era. 

I don't see how having a really bad album title will restart them.  I would prefer to see an album title that reflects the content and their feelings.

3 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I don't see how having a really bad album title will restart them.  I would prefer to see an album title that reflects the content and their feelings.

Okay, how about calling it 'Twelve' :P 

Glad we don't have a say in this for reals! A self titled album would be boring and not creative. Twelve, Green Day or a lot of these.

Following the Spanish name theme "El Buen Disco Para Tener Éxito las Anteriores Tres de la Mierda". It'll live up to it's name unless it's got the same sound as the Trilogy.

#hashtag

Since they all seem to like putting ridiculously long hashtags in their posts. See Instagram for evidence.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

I would only want it to be self-titled if the band really feels like this will be the album that truly and completely represents who they are, in the same way that Blink-182's self-titled does. If they self-title it, I don't want it to come across as a lazy move, 'cause that's how you get four different Weezer albums all under the name "Weezer" and are only differentiated by color and how crappy they are compared to the first one. :P

The newest one is really good.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

I would only want it to be self-titled if the band really feels like this will be the album that truly and completely represents who they are, in the same way that Blink-182's self-titled does. If they self-title it, I don't want it to come across as a lazy move, 'cause that's how you get four different Weezer albums all under the name "Weezer" and are only differentiated by color and how crappy they are compared to the first one. :P

Yeah I doubt you gave White album a chance.

Archived