Queen For a Day, Prince by Dawn

WhoPutTheDragInDragQueen?

Hi. I don't know where to post this, so, if you're an admin, feel free to move it. Last year I cosplayed a female Billie Joe for a school pageant (performed King For A Day and borrowed dresses, heels and eyeliner to two boys. It was magical *-*). This year i'm going to Comic Con (not SDCC, CCXP) and, since I (believe I) looked like him and already have a "Who the fuck is Tre Cool?" shirt, it would be nice to do a full drag version. Any tips? Also, I need a cheap wig that looks like his hair (HAS TO be shipped to Brazil). Besides saying "y'know" a lot, what can I do to impersonate him (not the "stage him", the "interview him")? Thanks for your attention. :) 

EDIT: Really, i'm asking for help here. I need that wig and advices on how to get into character.

EDIT²: Bought the wig already. Need help on how to make fake tattoos too. Pics of his tattoos would help.

11212768_651116974987932_263945559151682

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got nothing, I just want to say I love your hair!!

13 hours ago, Ham Pascale said:

If you're going to bring a Rock Band controller along you might want to check this out - http://www.nintendofuse.com/2010/06/05/d-i-y-billie-joe-armstrong-guitar-w-stickers-for-rock-band-green-day/

Thanks, but I won't bring it to Comic Con. I'm gonna be casual Billie Joe. Took that to school because it was a pageant.

53 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I got nothing, I just want to say I love your hair!!

Thank you :D

12963789_809769319122696_473340327582213

It looks much better on this pic. My wisps were messy on the other one (which is great for Billie XD).

IF you want to be interview Billie, you need to fidget and scratch yourself, alot.  

11 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

IF you want to be interview Billie, you need to fidget and scratch yourself, alot.  

Haha, true. Thank you :P 

Insult Justin Bieber and say fuck like 100 times.

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

Insult Justin Bieber and say fuck like 100 times.

No problem! I can do that XD

Simply say "ya know" between every word you say and you're him! 

57 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Simply say "ya know" between every word you say and you're him! 

Well, y'know, I know, that's why, y'know, I put "besides saying y'know a lot", ya know?

Jesus Christ this is such a creepy idea! :lol: but amusing one. I'd advise watching videos of him moving. He's got pretty specific gestures, all the stuff he does with his hands, the way he walks etc. Also his facial expressions are important, the way he smiles, all the faces he makes. Have fun practicing in front of a mirror! :D

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Jesus Christ this is such a creepy idea! :lol: but amusing one. I'd advise watching videos of him moving. He's got pretty specific gestures, all the stuff he does with his hands, the way he walks etc. Also his facial expressions are important, the way he smiles, all the faces he makes. Have fun practicing in front of a mirror! :D

Nah, it's not creepy. It's just for fun. I'm used to cosplaying and impersonating characters. This will be my first time doing drag tho XD My dad is friends with a drag king. I hope she wants to help me.

Yeah, i'm gonna try that. Facial expressions are important indeed. Also, any tips on how to talk like him (besides the obvious :P)? Gonna watch lots of interviews.

He doesn't keep eye contact when talking to someone. He always moves his eyes left and right.

8 minutes ago, WhoPutTheDragInDragQueen? said:

Nah, it's not creepy. It's just for fun. I'm used to cosplaying and impersonating characters. This will be my first time doing drag tho XD My dad is friends with a drag king. I hope she wants to help me.

Yeah, i'm gonna try that. Facial expressions are important indeed. Also, any tips on how to talk like him (besides the obvious :P)? Gonna watch lots of interviews.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds fun! :lol: You could try to mimic his accent. His vowels are a bit more open. He's inclined to pronounce e's as a's and o's as a's. You can totally hear it in the dog video. He pronounces it "Doug".

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

He doesn't keep eye contact when talking to someone. He always moves his eyes left and right.

That's true. How autistic :P

6 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Very observant. Since I love writing, maybe I should describe him. My descriptions are always very detailed, so I guess that could help.

cjtyW2M.gif

I thought: "How do i find a video of him walking?" and then remembered about the videoclip for Macy's Day Parade. Let's describe him...

He is a short, thin man with very pale skin, which makes total sense for a vampire. His dark, wild and untamable wisps are pointing at random directions and make him look like he just woke up. The malachites he calls eyes look randomly at every direction, as if he feels either nervous or afraid. They top thick, coal-coloured bottom eyelids. Over his eyes lies a pair of designed, but still natural looking eyebrows. His nose is thin and a bit pointy, but still very round. His bottom lip is thick and the top one is thin, but altough they aren't even, they still look pretty. They frame a plateau-shaped gap at the bottom of his right frontal tooth. His arms are full of colourful tattoos and his legs are very thin. He walks moving a leg and the arm of the opposite side forward and leaving the other ones still and in a diagonal direction. He sits on one leg and places the other one over it in an angle of 90º, frequently moving the top foot up and down. Scratches himself a lot, especially his chin and nose, and adjusts his body on the chair as if he were about to fall off. Always moves his hands while talking, doing lots of geistures, mostly leaving them open, shaking them up and down, closing them as if he were about to punch someone or bending his thumb. Does the same hand move every time he says "why", as if he were asking. He does lots of expressions, but most of the time it's a blank, stoned-like one and his eyes look up. When in an interview with someone else talking, he stares at nothing and looks surprised when they mention him. He laughs with his mouth open and still while slowly moving his head and says words like "so", "y'know", "um" and "fuck" a lot. Is there anything i'm missing?

Also, I need a wig. I may have to mess it up a lot so it looks like his hair XD

He has lots of quirks but that's what makes him cute and endearing. I watch him sometimes with his lack of eye contact and other movements and wonder if he's on the Autism spectrum.

8 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

He has lots of quirks but that's what makes him cute and endearing. I watch him sometimes with his lack of eye contact and other movements and wonder if he's on the Autism spectrum.

Lack of eye contact or looking away from the other person may indicate insecurity. It must be just another thing he does when he's nervous. 

My dad's friend said that I have to wrap my boobs tight and put a sock in my panties. That's gonna hurt, but so do corsets, and I wear one everyday. Still got to figure out a way to hide my waist tho. Any suggestions? Here are the original shirt and the copy for comparison (if anyone has a full body picture of him wearing it, please post it here. It will be very helpful. ty).

13162412_10206323782078393_955865037_n.j 020915_billieshirt.jpg

you could get a binder, it will pay off if you're planning on going drag multiple times. it should be more comfortable than wrapping your boobs in bandages or something like that. A tight tank can do it if they're small. Waist should,'t be such a problem, if you get rid of the boobs to contrast it. You could wear a tank top under the tee and stuff it lol

20 minutes ago, WhoPutTheDragInDragQueen? said:

My dad's friend said that I have to wrap my boobs tight and put a sock in my panties. That's gonna hurt, but so do corsets, and I wear one everyday. Still got to figure out a way to hide my waist tho. Any suggestions? Here are the original shirt and the copy for comparison (if anyone has a full body picture of him wearing it, please post it here. It will be very helpful. ty).

For your chest, I suggest you get a chest binder from either Underworks or GC2B, it's the safest method for hiding your breasts. You won't be spending less than 40$ though including shipment, so maybe get one if you plan on using it more than once, otherwise it could potentially be a waste of money. Don't use ace bandages though, cause that can seriously injure your ribs and make it hard to breathe. If you can't get a binder, you can always use an elastic stomach band (not sure what the specific name is), which is usually cheaper than a binder. I think you should be able to find at any place which sells orthopedic supplies.

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

you could get a binder, it will pay off if you're planning on going drag multiple times. it should be more comfortable than wrapping your boobs in bandages or something like that. A tight tank can do it if they're small. Waist should,'t be such a problem, if you get rid of the boobs to contrast it. You could wear a tank top under the tee and stuff it lol

Actually no, i'm not. But maybe I could ask my mum to make one. The tank top wouldn't work because they're large, but I will try to use it to hide my waist. Let' just hope it's not hot as hell the day I wear it XD

5 minutes ago, ghesboro said:

For your chest, I suggest you get a chest binder from either Underworks or GC2B, it's the safest method for hiding your breasts. You won't be spending less than 40$ though including shipment, so maybe get one if you plan on using it more than once, otherwise it could potentially be a waste of money.

Thanks, but I don't plan to do drag many times. And 40$ is a lot. A dollar costs about 3,5 times a brazilian real. I'm already gonna buy the green contacts  and a black wig from international websites (they actually end up being cheaper). Maybe my mum can make me a binder. Or maybe I could borrow one from a friend? Anyway, thanks to both of you for the idea.

1 minute ago, WhoPutTheDragInDragQueen? said:

Thanks, but I don't plan to do drag many times. And 40$ is a lot. A dollar costs about 3,5 times a brazilian real. I'm already gonna buy the green contacts  and a black wig from international websites (they actually end up being cheaper). Maybe my mum can make me a binder. Or maybe I could borrow one from a friend? Anyway, thanks to both of you for the idea.

No problem. And yeah I understand 40$ is a lot. I edited my post btw, not sure if it's of much help but yeah, just in case.

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to make a binder, so I can show my mum?

EDIT: A friend is near the end of transitioning and he said I can have the abdominal binder he uses on his chest.

• 2 months later...

Also, I did a "package" yesterday. It looked realistic.

14202519_897005980399029_123927053949630

Practiced walking like Billie Joe while wearing it and hoping my grandma wouldn't see XD

Archived