Favourite Musical Moments

1039 Smoothed Out Nimrods

Billie, Mike and Tre are all extremely excellent musicians. I'm wondering what u guys favorite moments from them music wise. You could include Al Sobrante too.

I say Billies best moment in any song is in Paper Lanterns when he sings to this day in asking why I still think about u.

I particularly love mikes bass in the beginning of Longview and no one knows.

I think tres best moment was like a rat does cheese no lol. My favorite from him is the epic drums in android. After the part of the chorus that says waste away I love that epic drum solo. His drumming sings to me and I love it. I like his work more than Al Sobrantes. So what's your favorite moments?

When John Kiffmeyer had a nervous breakdown on tour, locked himself in the back of the van and refused to speak to anyone. According to Aaron, he used a bongo drum to answer yes/no questions - once for 'yes', twice for 'no' :P 

14 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Warning the Album

I wish I could like this more than once

I would have to say being at a low point in there career and digging deep and coming up with an album like American Idiot.  There are not many bands that have had more than one massively significant album.    

Mike's bass line in JAR and his solo in Dirty Rotten Bastards; the whole of the song Whatsername; Tré's solos in Burnout and Jesus of Suburbia; Billie's lyrics in Prosthetic Head.

Jason's relative adequacy as a rhythm guitarist.

I really like how 2,000 Light Years sounds live, especially if it's an opening song. Studio version, on the other hand, sounds kinda wimpy.

I love the lyrics to King For A Day, Having A Blast, Coming Clean, One Of My Lies, Misery, Fashion Victim and many others, but these were the first to come to mind because they're my faves. My ears really appreciate the way Billie sings "assured" on Last Night On Earth and all of Favorite Son and Restless Heart Syndrome.

I really like Tre's songs because they're hilarious. Wish there would be a Green Day album written entirely by him.

Mike's bass line on Longview is a work of art.

Cool thread idea! I've just edited the title to make it clear what it's about.

There's so many but one of my favourite moments is the guitar solo in The One I Want, sounds perfect and it's poignant somehow. Also in Brutal Love when Billie sings "how low is this brutal love", just epic. And the transition betweem Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

7 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Warning the Album

The obsession Green Day fans have with this bland, average album is frustrating.

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The obsession Green Day fans have with this bland, average album is frustrating.

I think you are in a state of denial :P

I have a lot of favourites so i'll cut down to first 2 things.

My favourite moments of Billie Joe are dry ice guitar solo and the way he sings "My face is numb" on brain stew.

My favourite moments of Mike Dirnt are Stuart and the avenue and panic song(basically whole  insomniac,i'd like to thank him for insomniac.)

My favourite moments of Tre Cool are on Nimrod. Probably haushinka and redundant.

I also love Billie's stuffy nose singing on Warning-a great,underrated album .

There is so many of them. I don't have the time to recall and list them all so for now  I'll just go with the drop out line in brutal love 

Oh! Brutal Love hadn't even crossed my mind. But now that a couple people have mentioned it- he first time Billie songs, "Something for my troubled mind" just before the guitar solo.

I forgot to include the end of JAR the bass in she and panic song damn they're so great

I love the 'Don't wanna be an American idiot' backing line at the end of Rock and Roll Girlfriend, great creative/lyrical choice.

12 hours ago, 1039 Smoothed Out Nimrods said:

I forgot to include the end of JAR the bass in she and panic song damn they're so great

Panic Song is great in general, I love that song.

14 minutes ago, Tajana said:

The scream part in Letterbomb.. btw-hi :)

Agreed, I love most of his screams.  Hi back.

The way they can play those 4 power chords is just amazing. I think Billie is the best guitarist in the world.

Archived