Billie nominated for Drama Desk Award, These Paper Bullets

emenius

Billie has been nominated for a Drama Desk Award (awarded for excellence in New York theatre) - Outstanding Music in a Play, These Paper Bullets.

Interestingly Tom Kitt who arranged the music for the American Idiot musical and arranged strings on 21stCB and the trilogy is also nominated in same category for Cymbeline.

Winners announced 5th June 2016.

*Sorry, not sure if this is worthy of its own thread

Totally threadworthy! Any time there's a piece of news you think is interesting it's absolutely fine to make a thread for it.

This is really cool, I'm pleased for him. I think it's well deserved too, the songs are great and catchy and capture the Beatles sound they were going for perfectly.

13 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

http://dramadeskawards.com/nominees There's a video for the nominations there

I actually never got to listen to the songs he wrote for it. Are they online somewhere?

But it's always great to see his work being recognized!

IF you go to the thread for the show, I posted the ones I recorded.  They are not the best quality, but they are not bad.

HE totally deserves this.  The songs were outstanding and the highlight of the show. 

I love those songs. They are so catchy. I listen too them quite often especially the one that Billie sings on.

Very cool that he's nominated for an award. fully deserved.

That's cool! Good for him, he deserves it. Hope he wins.

I wish he would release 'his' recordings of all the songs - he must have done them as demos for the band that performed in the play. 

Do the Tony's have a similar category for music in a play?  Would be cool if he was nominated for that too!  

11 hours ago, Heather. said:

Do the Tony's have a similar category for music in a play?  Would be cool if he was nominated for that too!  

I thought the drama desk was the off broadway version of the tonys.  I don't think this show is tony eligible

10 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I thought the drama desk was the off broadway version of the tonys.  I don't think this show is tony eligible

Off-broadway shows *can* get nominated for Tony's (though it's rare), and Michael Mayer won the Drama Desk for something....  I think they're all just theater awards....

Tony Nominations have been announced and These Paper Bullets  was not nominated.

5 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Tony Nominations have been announced and These Paper Bullets  was not nominated.

I looked this up, but off broadway shows are not eligible for Tony Awards.  The Tonys are strictly broadway.  So, These Paper Bullets was not eligible for the Tonys

• 1 month later...

So the winners are announced at 8pm on 5th June at New York's Town Hall- wonder whether Billie will be attending?

Archived