Geezer After Party Secret Show

Liam

Dammit, I'm kinda mad. Jesse told me about the show but said I had to figure it out. I called like three different venues and the last one I looked at was Berlin. They didn't have a number though and I thought it might be dangerous to trek 30 minutes at night to a venue they may or may not be at. I wonder if they'll do anything today!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I mean for the after party, I know they did Scattered, Dancing With Myself, and Surrender

There's this picture of the setlist. It reads Rock n' roll radio, Russian Roulette? (is that the Rihana song? :huh:), Rudie Can't fail, Devils kind, Scattered and "America girl" (I'd say it's American Girl by Tom Petty and the heartbreakers as he played that in the New Years Eve Party in NYC). Then I suppose they kept going. 

7 hours ago, desertrose said:

8 hours ago, desertrose said:

Yeah American Girl is the song they're playing here actually. 

Jesse Malin has a song called Russian Roulette. They probably played this one.

2 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Jesse Malin has a song called Russian Roulette. They probably played this one.

yeah, that would be it. what a letdown :P 

1 hour ago, sara_gd said:

There's this picture of the setlist. It reads Rock n' roll radio, Russian Roulette? (is that the Rihana song? :huh:), Rudie Can't fail, Devils kind, Scattered and "America girl" (I'd say it's American Girl by Tom Petty and the heartbreakers as he played that in the New Years Eve Party in NYC). Then I suppose they kept going. 

Yeah American Girl is the song they're playing here actually. 

Rhett Miller and Billie Joe covering Tom Petty is my biggest fanboy fantasy, I can die happy now. 

7 minutes ago, ElectricBlue said:

Anyone know why Mike and Jason White were not there ?

Jason White had a record release show of his new album with his band California. But I don't know why Mike wasn't there.

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Is there a video of Rudie Can't Fail? Btw, isn't it rad if they played a Rihanna song? :P 

For those of you who went, How did you guys find out about the after party?

Hey guys, new here. I was at the Geezer show yesterday and couldn't find anything out about the after party show. Did anyone from the show actually hear about it? Or were the people at the bar just lucky and in the right spot at the right time? Btw did they meet with the crowd at the bar performance?

9 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I am probably wrong but I thought I read BJ forgot what album scattered was on at the official gig?

Wouldn't surprise me a lot of artists with several albums don't have the greatest memory of what song is on what album 

Billie Joe and Jesse Malin were rehearsing at Berlin prior to the showing of Geezer.  So just made an assumption that is where they would be.  I believe that Jesse owns Berlin.

22 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Wouldn't surprise me a lot of artists with several albums don't have the greatest memory of what song is on what album 

This was a moment when Billie Joe looked back to Tre before saying the title of the album. Could be that he was thinking the name/ looking for Tre to help, but I think it's more likely that he was checking if he was ready in order to say the album title, the name of the song and start playing straight away. 

Edit: watching it with higher quality than Periscope it does look as he forgot/ was pretending to forget. 

36 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Billie Joe and Jesse Malin were rehearsing at Berlin prior to the showing of Geezer.  So just made an assumption that is where they would be.  I believe that Jesse owns Berlin.

36 minutes ago, desertrose said:

We're you able to get in?

I got in but immediately left when I saw Billy was there

31 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I got in but immediately left when I saw Billy was there

Got dizzy when saw him. 

Archived