Green Day at Tribeca - Full Performance

DookieLukie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in the other thread they said it would only be up for about another hour.

Just now, lizziebix said:

And in the other thread they said it would only be up for about another hour.

What?

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

What?

I can't find the post but someone posted that it would only be up for about an hour.  In fact, it was a new member and that was their first (and only?) post.

Just now, lizziebix said:

I can't find the post but someone posted that it would only be up for about an hour.  In fact, it was a new member and that was their first (and only?) post.

I posted it and that was the only version of the post I saw.

@Liam is this the one you have recorded? Wanna make a download thread for it tonight? I'm in bed on my phone, so I can't do much

Just now, Todd said:

@Liam is this the one you have recorded? Wanna make a download thread for it tonight? I'm in bed on my phone, so I can't do much

It's already been done ;) Step up your game man.

wouldnt be disappointed at all if devils kind was on an upcoming album

Here are some videos from the show

that's a nifty little melody 

I'm starting to really feel that anticipation-anxiety that I missed out on with the trilogy. 

I have just listened to those new songs...they are both pretty good, not special but enjoyable. Ordinary World might make a fine ballad, I like that one. Devils Kind is good and catchy but reminds me of Trilogy so I can't say Id be stoked if that's what the next album sounds like. I suppose this song isn't meant to be the best thing they have in stock so it still leaves me very hopeful for the future. His singing is on-point. He has improved a lot over the years as a singer.

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I have just listened to those new songs...they are both pretty good, not special but enjoyable. Ordinary World might make a fine ballad, I like that one. Devils Kind is good and catchy but reminds me of Trilogy so I can't say Id be stoked if that's what the next album sounds like. I suppose this song isn't meant to be the best thing they have in stock so it still leaves me very hopeful for the future. His singing is on-point. He has improved a lot over the years as a singer.

Devils Kind actually does not play well in the film, but was much better live.  In the film it was done as a flashback, so I don't think it translated well.  In person it is quite good, catchy and alot of fun.  It is not one of my favorites, but not bad at all.  Ordinary World is quite touching in the film.  It fits in perfectly with the outcome of the film.  Which anyone can probably guess if they just look at the premise.  Before he played it, in person, he said that he met quite a few times with Lee Kirk to discuss what this song should be like and that this is what he came up with.  I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but I sort of got the impression he was not 100% satisfied with it.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

Devils Kind actually does not play well in the film, but was much better live.  In the film it was done as a flashback, so I don't think it translated well.  In person it is quite good, catchy and alot of fun.  It is not one of my favorites, but not bad at all.  Ordinary World is quite touching in the film.  It fits in perfectly with the outcome of the film.  Which anyone can probably guess if they just look at the premise.  Before he played it, in person, he said that he met quite a few times with Lee Kirk to discuss what this song should be like and that this is what he came up with.  I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but I sort of got the impression he was not 100% satisfied with it.

Well, he sounded like that explaining the song before he played it and actually, my impression from it was that it would need more work before putting it on the album, but I sense a good song in it. I don't know how is it done in the film but if it was somehow properly arranged, maybe kind of like Last Night On Earth or Drama Queen it would be great. I'd need to think about it more, I can't put my finger on what exactly does it need to make it great but it's not much. 

I'd enjoy DK live, it's a fun song. I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

20 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Well, he sounded like that explaining the song before he played it and actually, my impression from it was that it would need more work before putting it on the album, but I sense a good song in it. I don't know how is it done in the film but if it was somehow properly arranged, maybe kind of like Last Night On Earth or Drama Queen it would be great. I'd need to think about it more, I can't put my finger on what exactly does it need to make it great but it's not much. 

I'd enjoy DK live, it's a fun song. I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

It is not that the arrangement of ordinary world was different in the movie, it wasnt, but if you hear it in context of the film it sets up the ending very well.  I'm not saying the song is any better in the movie just that it fits the movie well

37 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Were the song titles in the movie at all? Do you know the title of this song at 4:33?

4 minutes ago, Todd said:

Were the song titles in the movie at all? Do you know the title of this song at 4:33?

I don't actually recall hearing all the songs they listed in the credits.  They even listed a SWMRS song and Jakob's King for A Day.  The only two songs I remember in the actual film wre Devils Kind and ORdinary World.  They played another song in the credits, but I don't know the name.

That is actually a good question for the others there, did you hear all the songs they listed in the credits?   There were tons of them.  

So sorry, I don't know the name.  

GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.     This Makes me too happy for words.   I love Devils Kind.  I love Ordinary World.  I love them and Joan Jett shredding together.     Forget mike and Jason, this is the new Green Day right here!!!!!    Maybe these will be on the new album, maybe they won't.    But Green Day still has it.    (just kidding about Mike and Jason, no one leaves Green Day alive (after John that is).   I've already listened to Ordinary Word 4 times in 15 minutes.   Wow.   The titles, the sound, the lyrics are all on point.  And as usual, the first time around I can't understand a lot of them, hahaha.   If these aren't on the new album they should be released in some form or another.   Rodeo Queens with Joan Jett or a new side project called Joey Jet or something weird.  

Also, how can I see Geezer RIGHT NOW??????????

Ordinary World

Where can I find the city of shining light

In an ordinary world

How can I leave the buried treasure behind  

In an ordinary world

Baby I don’t got much

But what we have is more than enough

Ordinary world

What would you wish if you saw a shooting star

In an ordinary world

I walked to end of the earth and afar

In an ordinary world

Baby I don’t have much

But we have is more than enough

Ordinary world

What would you wish if you saw a shooting star

In an ordinary world

5 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7341801/billie-joe-armstrong-rocks-with-joan-jett-after-geezer-premiere-at

i took this article from GD Facebook & considering Liam said the song was cut from the recording - what are people's thoughts on the song actually being on the new album?! 

What song was cut from what recording?

Archived