What bands should be on Green Day's next tour?

Justin1

Am I the only person who doesnt like Weezer? Anyways here are mine.

1.The Wiggles

2.The Doodlebopps

3.Nickelback

10/10 list

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wearethewaiting837 said:

1.The Wiggles

2.The Doodlebopps

3.Nickelback

10/10 list

I've seen the wiggles, they were great

11 hours ago, Justin1 said:

It doesn't have to be a supporting act, more so than a co-headliner. To me, Green Day pics a lot of duds to open up for them, and it might help that go from getting 7,000-10,000 people to 15,000-20,000 people with a solid bill, and at least 1 more big name like The Offspring or Weezer.

Blink seems to get it.

They can already sell out stadiums with mediocre openers though, when they play them, I don't think they need a co-headliner/bigger support act to sell tickets. And in between they play arenas which only hold about 10-12 thousand and have no problem selling. I guess they'd probably need a bigger act with them for a stadium tour but I wouldn't particularly want that anyway, seeing them in a stadium instead of an arena just means the tickets are more expensive and it's harder to get to the front :P. I agree their support choices could use some improvement but I think one of the reasons that's the case is that they don't really need it.

8 hours ago, Wearethewaiting837 said:

Am I the only person who doesnt like Weezer?

Nope. But they wouldn't be that bad to see. The Offspring on the other hand would be intolerable, give me any of the bands on your list before them.

Why would GD need to tour with a big named band - they simply don't need to.  I hope here they get an up & coming Aussie band.

1 hour ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Why would GD need to tour with a big named band - they simply don't need to.  I hope here they get an up & coming Aussie band.

The Wiggles are already pretty established so that leaves out that idea

9 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

The Wiggles are already pretty established so that leaves out that idea

Maybe they could do hot potato hot potato in lieu of KFAD:sick:

16 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Maybe they could do hot potato hot potato in lieu of KFAD:sick:

That would work they can do a medley with Fruit Salad

Beach Slang, FIDLAR or PUP would be awesome. OR just all three?

I know... Caroliner!

The curtain dropped behind Green Day, and the kids all clapped politely before retiring to the back wall. Meanwhile, the older dudes against the wall began to look curious, unfolded their arms, and moved forward. When the curtain was drawn again, Caroliner was set up with their dayglo costumes and setdrop, and drums suspended upside-down on wires attached to the ceiling were lowered to a height of about seven feet above the stage. Below the drums were mini-trampolines - the kind used in aerobics classes in the 80's. Two female drummers took the stage with the band and set a rambling oblong rhythm by jumping up to hit the drums. The band had apparently worked out the chords, progressions, and whatnot beforehand, but they had to work to make it fit with the very unstable rhythm.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:16 PM, Wearethewaiting837 said:

1.The Wiggles

2.The Doodlebopps

3.Nickelback

10/10 list

weezer is god awful, green day only needs something to hype the crowd up. When I saw them, Best Coast opened and it was great, and now they're getting bigger and bigger

16 minutes ago, Erikbrz said:

weezer is god awful, green day only needs something to hype the crowd up. When I saw them, Best Coast opened and it was great, and now they're getting bigger and bigger

God awful? If this was 2010 after Hurley and Raditude than maybe ok, but the last two Weezer albums shit all over the last three Green Day albums! :mad: 

44 minutes ago, Eric said:

God awful? If this was 2010 after Hurley and Raditude than maybe ok, but the last two Weezer albums shit all over the last three Green Day albums! :mad: 

Opinions man, just like how you said Bored to Death did nothing for you, meanwhile I loved it. 

4 minutes ago, Erikbrz said:

Opinions man, just like how you said Bored to Death did nothing for you, meanwhile I loved it. 

Yeah I know I said that, but I didn't call it "god awful" :lol:  . Just curious if you even heard the last two albums from Weezer. 

Just now, Eric said:

Yeah I know I said that, but I didn't call it "god awful" :lol:  . Just curious if you even heard the last two albums from Weezer. 

Again, opinions ;) but no I have not heard the newer Weezer stuff, if its anything like their older stuff I know I won't like it. But I guess you never know. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

4 minutes ago, Erikbrz said:

Again, opinions ;) but no I have not heard the newer Weezer stuff, if its anything like their older stuff I know I won't like it. But I guess you never know. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Again, nothing serious i'm just suggesting you listen before you call something god awful :lol: 

On 23/4/2016 at 0:47 AM, Second favourite son said:

Wouldn't mind Kaiser Cheifs again, they really got the crowd going

Kaiser Chiefs were great at Emirates, I saw them again when they toured Europe in 2014 because of their energy during that show. 

I'd love for them to tour with Rancid purely because I've never had the chance to see them live yet, but I wouldn't really see Rancid as an opening band - more like co-headliners. 

From my past experience the best support bands are ones that you don't know or have only vaguely heard of, then you see and wonder why you didn't know them and when you can go and see them again.  While loads of the bigger bands suggested would be awesome, and I certainly wouldn't complain about seeing them, I'd love it if Green Day brought someone small or unknown on their next tour.

8 hours ago, Erikbrz said:

8 hours ago, Erikbrz said:

32 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

From my past experience the best support bands are ones that you don't know or have only vaguely heard of, then you see and wonder why you didn't know them and when you can go and see them again.  While loads of the bigger bands suggested would be awesome, and I certainly wouldn't complain about seeing them, I'd love it if Green Day brought someone small or unknown on their next tour.

I think it's good for bands to do that once in a while, and Green Day probably doesn't need another big band to get big crowds, but it would be nice to see another 'Pop Disaster' type tour with another huge pop punk band. I just think it's due since Green Day seems to have picked mainly smaller opening bands the last 10 years.

Green Day/The Offspring 2016! :)

9 hours ago, ghesboro said:

I'd love for them to tour with Rancid purely because I've never had the chance to see them live yet, but I wouldn't really see Rancid as an opening band - more like co-headliners. 

Maybe the only chance for Rancid to come downunder.  I think they hate Aussies:happy:

8 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Green Day/The Offspring 2016! :)

That would be a dream come true, although Dexter Holland is not exactly the best live singer. Plus I remember reading something about Green Day and The Offspring not being on the best of terms, but that was quite a few years ago and I may easily be mistaken. 

8 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Maybe the only chance for Rancid to come downunder.  I think they hate Aussies:happy:

It really sucks that they haven't toured Australia in such a long time :(

Tbh I'd be very disappointed if they were to do a co-headliner tour. I'd just want them to blast their own stage without having to share their (and our) night with anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Master Roshi said:

Tbh I'd be very disappointed if they were to do a co-headliner tour. I'd just want them to blast their own stage without having to share their (and our) night with anyone else.

This

I know Billie Joe said he wants to kill the term "pop punk" in 2016 or whatever, but I actually hope that some bands from the newer wave of pop punk support them on upcoming tours. Something like Like Pacific would be awesome.

Archived