What bands should be on Green Day's next tour?

Justin1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Taking Back Sunday to open, they're working on an album now too. They played the 2 Milton Keynes shows so they have the relationship with the band already.

Jake Bugg; a smaller artist who puts on a killer live show and offers variety to the concert. He would get some well-deserved recognition.

Creeper to open, would fit perfect, for anyone who hasn't heard them, vaguely similar sound to AI in there tracks:

Good Charlotte supported All Time Low at Wembley, similar venue to that Green Day play, so I suppose if they have nothing planned they could do that. Sum 41 would be great, but they can make money doing they're own tour. I'd like PUP on a tour. 

Green Day
PUP
Creeper
SWMRS

That'd be decent. Swap SWMRS out for the UK Leg and have The Strypes, they're similar to that awful Prima Donna band that played here in 09.

7 hours ago, LizTheRusher said:

Jake Bugg; a smaller artist who puts on a killer live show and offers variety to the concert. He would get some well-deserved recognition.

We're not on about the same Jake Bugg who sings about lightning bolt's and his two fingers right? :P
Found him incredibly dull when I saw him sub Reading.

5 hours ago, Sean Walford said:

Creeper to open, would fit perfect, for anyone who hasn't heard them, vaguely similar sound to AI in there tracks:

Good Charlotte supported All Time Low at Wembley, similar venue to that Green Day play, so I suppose if they have nothing planned they could do that. Sum 41 would be great, but they can make money doing they're own tour. I'd like PUP on a tour. 

Green Day
PUP
Creeper
SWMRS

That'd be decent. Swap SWMRS out for the UK Leg and have The Strypes, they're similar to that awful Prima Donna band that played here in 09.

We're not on about the same Jake Bugg who sings about lightning bolt's and his two fingers right? :P
Found him incredibly dull when I saw him sub Reading.

Haha he's no Billie Joe. He doesn't jump around or any of that but he sounds great!

13 hours ago, LizTheRusher said:

I've only heard a few songs, but something about his voice really annoys me.. He's got a cool persona though.

8 hours ago, Sean Walford said:

Swap SWMRS out for the UK Leg and have The Strypes, they're similar to that awful Prima Donna band that played here in 09.

? Right let The Strypes open for them, that would be great since one of them is my cousin so I'd be backstage sneaking into Green Day's dressing room :woot:

6 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

? Right let The Strypes open for them, that would be great since one of them is my cousin so I'd be backstage sneaking into Green Day's dressing room :woot:

It's so cool that one of them is your cousin. I saw them at a festival 3 years ago, they were pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

It's so cool that one of them is your cousin. I saw them at a festival 3 years ago, they were pretty good.

:) I'm required to like them but they're not really my taste, I wouldn't listen to them at home even though I've seen them live a trillion times now :lol: I have fun at their gigs but then again I'm biased :lol:

The strokes because why would you come all the way to Australia to play only one concert at splendour in the grass if you weren't coming back next year to support GD?

Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

The strokes because why would you come all the way to Australia to play only one concert at splendour in the grass if you weren't coming back next year to support GD?

That line up might actually make me come to Oz

9 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

That line up might actually make me come to Oz

I know the cure - I'm hoping they do sideshows.

im a big fan of the scandals...sooo.....i hope they are going to tour with green day ^^ well this might be impossible ^^ but it would be amazing!

Nickelback or Justin Beiber.   Maybe Britney Spears.   

Dong Mayza

They should consider The Living End its been long time since they were touring together!!

I cannot imagine how fast a Weezer and Green Day show would sell out, we've all been asking for it for years haha

Weezer, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, SWMRS, Offspring would all have my vote :)

6 hours ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

I cannot imagine how fast a Weezer and Green Day show would sell out, we've all been asking for it for years haha

Weezer, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, SWMRS, Offspring would all have my vote :)

I think it's a good possibility now that we know Weezer won't be touring with Blink. I don't think Weezer could sell out arenas on their own, but with Green Day, I'm sure they will! It's long overdue and they'd both make a killing on merchandise :)

3 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I think it's a good possibility now that we know Weezer won't be touring with Blink. I don't think Weezer could sell out arenas on their own, but with Green Day, I'm sure they will! It's long overdue and they'd both make a killing on merchandise :)

Weezer is doing their own summer tour with Panic! At the Disco this summer

I would like Neck Deep! I think they are pretty good and they open for Blink 182

I think Weezer is too big to support Green Day. Aim lower :P 

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Let alone The Offspring :lol:

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

It doesn't have to be a supporting act, more so than a co-headliner. To me, Green Day pics a lot of duds to open up for them, and it might help that go from getting 7,000-10,000 people to 15,000-20,000 people with a solid bill, and at least 1 more big name like The Offspring or Weezer.

Blink seems to get it.

Archived