What bands should be on Green Day's next tour?

Justin1

My top 3 picks, mainly because they are great fits and I don't think they've toured together! 

1. Weezer 

2. Simple Plan 

3. Good Charlotte 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swmrs would be absolutely great. I don't think it will happen though, they probably want to avoid being connected to Green Day too much. And rightfully so.

Number one wish is please not Frank Turner again, already been bored to tears by him twice.

And please not Good Charlotte :sick:. Tbh I don't mind that much as long as it's not someone boring or awful. But I'd really love it if they brought Prima Donna along again, I like them a lot plus it makes a Foxies show possible :D 

They usually don't bring pop-punk bands out with them (in America at least)

Wouldn't mind Kaiser Cheifs again, they really got the crowd going

3 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Wouldn't mind Kaiser Cheifs again, they really got the crowd going

Yeah I'd be very happy with them, other than bands that are too big to be a realistic choice I can't really think of a better British band they could pick for it.

1 hour ago, tdlyon said:

They usually don't bring pop-punk bands out with them (in America at least)

Last time I saw them was in Denver and AFI opened for them.. Don't know if you'd classify AFI as pop punk tho.

5 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Last time I saw them was in Denver and AFI opened for them.. Don't know if you'd classify AFI as pop punk tho.

I was at that show as well. AFI was god awful and the gold theme was way too much.

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I was at that show as well. AFI was god awful and the gold theme was way too much.

Lol.. You're exactly right! AFI can be pretty hit or miss live.. But we were lucky to be the first people to hear Cigarettes and Valentines :)

3 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Lol.. You're exactly right! AFI can be pretty hit or miss live.. But we were lucky to be the first people to hear Cigarettes and Valentines :)

And the second ;)

Plus Olivia

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

And the second ;)

Plus Olivia

Both great songs! Would be interesting if either made it on to the new album.. Probably unlikely tho.

I think Franz Ferdinand was a good opening act for them its good music you can dance too and it complements them musicly

3 hours ago, Justin1 said:

My top 3 picks, mainly because they are great fits and I don't think they've toured together! 

1. Weezer 

2. Simple Plan 

3. Good Charlotte 

Simple Plan tagged along and played outside for at least part of the Pop Disaster tour. Weezer would be awesome but in August they're going to be fresh off a tour with Panic! at the Disco. Maybe if Green Day does a second leg?

Personally, I'd love to see them out there with the Offspring, but that's unlikely. havent had a chance to see them on 15 years so it's about time.

@Matt.AFI used to be so good live, I was really disappointed in their opening slot in 2010. That glittery gold stuff ... ugh.

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Simple Plan tagged along and played outside for at least part of the Pop Disaster tour. Weezer would be awesome but in August they're going to be fresh off a tour with Panic! at the Disco. Maybe if Green Day does a second leg?

Personally, I'd love to see them out there with the Offspring, but that's unlikely. havent had a chance to see them on 15 years so it's about time.

@Matt.AFI used to be so good live, I was really disappointed in their opening slot in 2010. That glittery gold stuff ... ugh.

I think the Offspring would be great too! I think they are actually sounding better live as they get older.

Yellowcard and Sum 41 would be amazing too.. I hope they don't just pick some randoms like they've done in the past. 

Would be great to see them headline a nice sold out arena tour this time around!

Can we vote for California? 'Cuz my vote would be for California. That record is soooooooo good!!! :D

3 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I wouldn't

Swmrs night happen, but i saw them supporting for Rise Against and they weren't too great, that's just my opinion.

Personally, my choice right now would be Patent Pending to open, because they're incredible live abd should be more known! And maybe Rise Against before Green Day.

I think Blink is a possibility, and Fall Out Boy as a thank you for their contribution at the HOF

4 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Personally, my choice right now would be Patent Pending to open, because they're incredible live abd should be more known! And maybe Rise Against before Green Day.

I was literally about to suggest patent pending!  They're the best support act I've ever seen, really great fun, and I'm sure GD fans would love them.  Would they work in a bigger venue though?  

Archived