What bands should be on Green Day's next tour?

Justin1

Just now, misfit_xo said:

I saw AFI open for Green Day in Virginia. ;) One of the best concerts I've been to!  

I would have loved to have been able to those shows. Didn't have the funds for a flight :( 

seen a lot of videos on YouTube where Davey came on stage during GD set and sang, im so jealous haha

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lizzie Atwell said:

I would have loved to have been able to those shows. Didn't have the funds for a flight :( 

seen a lot of videos on YouTube where Davey came on stage during GD set and sang, im so jealous haha

I really like Davey.

Also whoever said it, Bad Religion again would be sooo cool. 

On 26. července 2016 at 10:13 PM, Maid Meringue said:

Any Bayside fans here? I'd love to see them tour together. Bayside even said that their dream tour would be with Green Day and I feel like they'd hit it off really well.

Masked Intruder would be really cute too

I'd love to see Bayside live, I was pretty obsessed with their self-titled album back in the day, and also Shudder... didn't know that they said that about Green Day though, that's awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed for this :happy:

SWMRS, Creeper or Black Veil Brides (hardly think BVB would tour with them but still:shifty:).

1 minute ago, Swedish_Idiot99 said:

SWMRS, Creeper or Black Veil Brides (hardly think BVB would tour with them but still:shifty:).

Careful, lot of SWMRS haters here, dunno why...

Just now, strangestat said:

Okay...

14 minutes ago, strangestat said:

I really like Drive North. It's no Kerplunk and neither should it have been very early Green Day like. I think they would make an excellent opening act for some smaller venues in the Bay Area.

19 minutes ago, Swedish_Idiot99 said:

Okay...

5 minutes ago, Dakke said:

I really like Drive North. It's no Kerplunk and neither should it have been very early Green Day like. I think they would make an excellent opening act for some smaller venues in the Bay Area.

I like them quite a bit, but I don't see them opening for Green Day because they're about to open for FIDLAR soon, and also having their own little tour in Europe too. Furthermore, even though they have a good relationship with Green Day, I think given Joey's relationship with Billie, they probably don't want to be called out for not making it on their own.

36 minutes ago, strangestat said:

I think given Joey's relationship with Billie, they probably don't want to be called out for not making it on their own.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know that Steve Harris commonly taps his kids' respective bands to open for Maiden, but it's very often criticized and seen as favoritism. SWMRS would have to show that they earned the spot regardless of Joey's relation to Billie and deserved it more than any other young band out there. I still don't really think it's a good idea, anyway, and I don't believe that Joey would want to open for his dad's band.

Who would you like to support Green Day in your country?

I'd suggest my friend's band who just got signed to warner - i'd love to see them perform as Green Day's support.

Do you have bands who coukd actually be a good supporting act or have friends who play in bands?

20 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

I've merged your thread with this existing one for talking about who you'd like to see supporting Green Day on the next tour :) 

Billy Talent opened for them three years ago. I believe it was a one-time thing but it was pretty neat. So that would be a good choice. Or Sum 41.

I have a feeling another Pop Disaster won't be happening, although it would be pretty cool. They could take Kut U Up with them again, I wouldn't mind that. :D
But to be honest, Blink and GD would end up being more like co-headliners rather than an opening and then the main act.

Archived