What If....?

Siddharth_471

What if you were Green Day's Producer/Mixer/Manager?

You can have your suggestions regarding Album production, Cover art, Themes, Singles, Mixing/Mastering of songs and album, Use of instruments/equipments, Managing tours or anything in between.

I request everyone to make sure not to take this thread just as a dump of wishful thinking because if Green Day or their management is aware of GDC they can get plenty of good ideas and feedback by none other than their own fans! So make your posts more practical, reasonable and interesting. Rock on GDC!! \m/

this is kind of a hard question to answer seeing as how we don't know the content of their new material. it's up to the band to choose the theme of the album, not the producer.  a good producer does what benefits the material the most, so what's the point in coming up with cover art if you have no idea what the songs are about? if i had any influence over the band it would be to go for a heavy sound on the guitar driven songs, the weak distortion didn't work for a lot of the trilogy, but for certain songs like Oh Love and Kill the DJ the clean tones worked really well. i would definitely say that the lead off single for the next album needs to be an in your face song, they can't lead off with a ballad this time, they need a call to arms, the need to get people inspired and that will get people invested in the band again

Manager: Ok guys, let's just stop recording and just go to Brazil. I read a few comments today on your facebook and we must give people what they want. So we are announcing Brazil tour. 

Billie: But we're almost finished

Manager: BRAZIL TOUR!

Billie: Yes sir

Mike to Tre: Don't cry buddy everything's gonna be alright

Spoiler

This isn't meant to be here, I can't delete it on iPhone 

I'd get the band in the studio and get them to record the album using guitars, bass and drums.

I would challenge them to write songs using any instrument except for guitars, bass and drums.

8 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

this is kind of a hard question to answer seeing as how we don't know the content of their new material. it's up to the band to choose the theme of the album, not the producer.  a good producer does what benefits the material the most, so what's the point in coming up with cover art if you have no idea what the songs are about? if i had any influence over the band it would be to go for a heavy sound on the guitar driven songs, the weak distortion didn't work for a lot of the trilogy, but for certain songs like Oh Love and Kill the DJ the clean tones worked really well. i would definitely say that the lead off single for the next album needs to be an in your face song, they can't lead off with a ballad this time, they need a call to arms, the need to get people inspired and that will get people invested in the band again

We really don't have any clue related to the new album and like you I also want it to have more heavy guitar-driven songs but why can't we suggest about themes? Not only as producer but you can also suggest like the band's creative manager, not necessarily an album art but anything related to the album even how musically it should sound, any inspirations, what instruments or amplifiers would be good etc.

6 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Manager: Ok guys, let's just stop recording and just go to Brazil. I read a few comments today on your facebook and we must give people what they want. So we are announcing Brazil tour. 

Yeah a good Brazil concert with American Idiot played in it's entirety! Great idea dude ;) 

btw, Come to India Green Day!!!!.......... XD

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Didn't Jane open a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago?

Nope that was a different thread. 'Messages To Green Day' can talk about anything between "Come To Brazil!" to "Dye your hairs blue next time, Billie" but this one is only about the music and things related to it.

43 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

We really don't have any clue related to the new album and like you I also want it to have more heavy guitar-driven songs but why can't we suggest about themes? Not only as producer but you can also suggest like the band's creative manager, not necessarily an album art but anything related to the album even how musically it should sound, any inspirations, what instruments or amplifiers would be good etc.

Yeah a good Brazil concert with American Idiot played in it's entirety! Great idea dude ;) 

btw, Come to India Green Day!!!!.......... XD

Nope that was a different thread. 'Messages To Green Day' can talk about anything between "Come To Brazil!" to "Dye your hairs blue next time, Billie" but this one is only about the music and things related to it.

Same thing. If you can,talk about anything you can,talk about music

1 hour ago, Siddharth_471 said:

I think things about the music are included in the other thread. As nice as it might be I don't think the band/their management is really going to look for suggestions here so it doesn't really matter if more practical posts and less practical posts are mixed together. So I'll close this, please do continue the discussion here though:

And if you want to talk specifically about how you'd like the next album to sound there's this thread too:

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived