Billie Joe played naked in a show in Denmark in the mid 90`s

Mats Gregersen

Can anyone confirm that Billie Joe and Green Day played a gig in Denmark in (98), where Billie Joe played without his pants and the band set the stage on fire so that they had to stop the concert aften 30 minuts ?

Have heard the story many times but havnt heard that there should exist photos.

Please help.

Thanks

There was the Milwaukee(?) show where he was cited for indecent exposure, but I don't know about any shows in Denmark.

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

There was the Milwaukee(?) show where he was cited for indecent exposure, but I don't know about any shows in Denmark.

Thanks localinsomniac. But there should had been a show in Denmark where they all got a little bit too excited :)

3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Yeah, it was Milwaukee and Madison Square Garden. 

Ah yeah, that's right- MSG was the infamous one. How could I have forgotten!

The fun part about this is that it was a scandal when he did it in the US and nobody remembers if he did the same in Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

The fun part about this is that it was a scandal when he did it in the US and nobody remembers if he did the same in Europe. 

We're used to seeing naked people :lol:

Billie also came out after the Rock am See show in Germany, just wearing boxers and then he turned around and pulled them down to show us his bare ass and some of his.... Nuts. For a second we were like "oh!!" And then we were just "hm okay" :lol: the video to it didn't even spread out all that much like it would have if it had happened at a concert in America I think.

For such an overall vulgar group of people, we really do come off as a bunch of prudes, don't we?

Pff. Americans.

Mats, they did these things at every show in 1998 - Billie usually took his pants during King For A Day and Tre set his drums (or the stage, depending on how much lighter fluid he spilled on the stage floor) on fire before Good Riddance. The latter continued well into Warning era. So what you've heard is 100% true.

My Childhood pediatrician was at the MSG naked show. I was getting a checkup one time and I believe I had my pop disaster tour shirt on and she totally one upped me by a million and I was super jealous hahah

I know at one point I saw a picture of Billie with his pants pulled down onstage (a frontal shot). Off memory, I'd estimate it was taken sometime between 1995-1998.

9 hours ago, Mary Daze said:

We're used to seeing naked people :lol:

Billie also came out after the Rock am See show in Germany, just wearing boxers and then he turned around and pulled them down to show us his bare ass and some of his.... Nuts. For a second we were like "oh!!" And then we were just "hm okay" :lol: the video to it didn't even spread out all that much like it would have if it had happened at a concert in America I think.

I was so happy I didn't go to that show with my parents :D I saw the video and found it pretty funny. Like, why the fuck did he think it was a good idea to do this 

2 hours ago, tdlyon said:

What the hell I had no idea there were pics of BJ's dick

Welcome to the dark side 

4 hours ago, tdlyon said:

What the hell I had no idea there were pics of BJ's dick

There's pictures of Billie, Mike, Tre, and John.

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Welcome to the dark side 

Couldn't have said it better! :P

13 minutes ago, Liam said:

Mike is still yet to have a nudie I think.

The question is at which mid 90s show didn't Billie play without his pants?

Reminds me of when I met a random guy on a bus once and when I mentioned Green Day he said he saw them in Florida in the 90s and Billie pulled his pants down and stuck a teddy bear which had been thrown onto the stage between his arse cheeks. I see no reason to doubt this story :lol: 

2 hours ago, Liam said:

There's no pictures of Mike and Tre (the Tre one you see around is fake). There's video of Mike in HLAHG but you can't really see anything because it's quick and the light is bad, I suspect it's blurred. You can see Tre flashing his in that 1991 tour video though.

Archived