Sign in to follow this  
Beathe.

Football (Soccer)

Second favourite son

How did Belgium not beat Finland??  I thought that was the safest of my 4 fold accumulator...

o_O
4 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

How did Belgium not beat Finland??  I thought that was the safest of my 4 fold accumulator...

Belgium sucks as much as my netherlands right now. they shouldn't have been ranked over Germany, Colombia or Argentina for that matter. 

but on a side note we (netherlands) beat an on-form Poland team. :lol: 

Second favourite son
46 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

Belgium sucks as much as my netherlands right now. they shouldn't have been ranked over Germany, Colombia or Argentina for that matter. 

but on a side note we (netherlands) beat an on-form Poland team. :lol: 

I had a bet on that one too, I was very happy :P well done Netherlands!

• Like 1

o_O
9 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I had a bet on that one too, I was very happy :P well done Netherlands!

i still believe if we can train the youngsters like with RVP, Sneijder, Robben, et al. we can look to qualify for Russia. bc RVP is past prime, Sneijder is at his prime, and Robben (if healthy) has a a WC left in him possibly or at least a few more years. 

• Like 1

Second favourite son
Just now, Demon!Dean said:

i still believe if we can train the youngsters like with RVP, Sneijder, Robben, et al. we can look to qualify for Russia. bc RVP is past prime, Sneijder is at his prime, and Robben (if healthy) has a a WC left in him possibly or at least a few more years. 

The Netherlands team is kinda at that transition phase, where the young players aren't quite experienced enough and the old players are, well, old.  In a few years time with a good youth program they could easily be back up to where they have been in recent years.

• Like 1

o_O
1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

The Netherlands team is kinda at that transition phase, where the young players aren't quite experienced enough and the old players are, well, old.  In a few years time with a good youth program they could easily be back up to where they have been in recent years.

that's why it's important for them to get the youngsters signed to like the Premier league, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, etc. 

Beathe.

Norway won 3-2 over Iceland. How impressive. :P 

• Like 1

o_O
On 6/2/2016 at 4:42 AM, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Norway won 3-2 over Iceland. How impressive. :P 

just today KOSOVO (yes, that little tiny country between Albania and Serbia) beat Faroe Islands 2-0. 

RedundantIdiot

I couldn't believe that sending off in the England vs Portugal game. How on Earth did he get his foot up that high?!

On another note, the football team I support is Newcastle United. I can't understand why we didn't get Benitez in sooner... :mad:

• Like 1

o_O

Woo Netherlands beat another Euro sending nation :P

Beathe.
On 4.6.2016 at 2:46 AM, Demon!Dean said:

just today KOSOVO (yes, that little tiny country between Albania and Serbia) beat Faroe Islands 2-0. 

I know where Kosovo is. xD The population in Kosovo is a lot more than at the Faroe Islands though. They usually lose all their matches. :lol: 

• Like 1

o_O
1 hour ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

I know where Kosovo is. xD The population in Kosovo is a lot more than at the Faroe Islands though. They usually lose all their matches. :lol: 

but  i was more shocked at kosovo because they just joined Uefa/fifa last month. i expected them to be as bad as San Marino or Gibraltar. :lol: 

Beathe.
Just now, Demon!Dean said:

but  i was more shocked at kosovo because they just joined Uefa/fifa last month. i expected them to be as bad as San Marino or Gibraltar. :lol: 

They showed you then. :P 

• Like 1

o_O
1 minute ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

They showed you then. :P 

haha yeah. i hope they actually can thrive. then again like a lot of the smaller European countries that constantly lose 6+ nil probably don't have professional soccer on a level to the bigger names. wish that could change. can you imagine a lot of San Marino's players actually get contracts, and to improve their national team. you know how silly it would look if SM beat the likes of England or spain? :lol: but with Norway i thought Iceland was gonna win tbh. Norway is getting better i feel. 

Beathe.
9 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

haha yeah. i hope they actually can thrive. then again like a lot of the smaller European countries that constantly lose 6+ nil probably don't have professional soccer on a level to the bigger names. wish that could change. can you imagine a lot of San Marino's players actually get contracts, and to improve their national team. you know how silly it would look if SM beat the likes of England or spain? :lol: but with Norway i thought Iceland was gonna win tbh. Norway is getting better i feel. 

Iceland is awful. If we hadn't won that one I would have laughed so hard. :lol: They have started to use younger players and done some changes, it looks better, but they still have a long way to go. 

• Like 1

o_O
8 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Iceland is awful. If we hadn't won that one I would have laughed so hard. :lol: They have started to use younger players and done some changes, it looks better, but they still have a long way to go. 

wishing the best to norway. i can't say completely iceland is awful, i guess mediocre would be a better term for them. they did beat some awful teams in qualifying so :lol: 

Beathe.
11 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

wishing the best to norway. i can't say completely iceland is awful, i guess mediocre would be a better term for them. they did beat some awful teams in qualifying so :lol: 

Honestly, I don't care too much. I've never liked our national team. They have never played entertaining football. But it seems like the younger players want to change that, so we'll see. :)

• Like 1

o_O
Just now, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Honestly, I don't care too much. I've never liked our national team. They have never played entertaining football. But it seems like the younger players want to change that, so we'll see. :)

are you following Copa America by any chance?

Beathe.
4 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

are you following Copa America by any chance?

No. I just follow European football. :) 

• Like 1

o_O
Just now, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

No. I just follow European football. :) 

ah ok. my country sucks so much :lol: 

Beathe.
4 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

ah ok. my country sucks so much :lol: 

:lol:

Oh well. 

• Like 1

Mary711

I would love to visit a game of my favourite team again. Hopefully I can make it happen during the next season.

Second favourite son

I don't understand why we (Arsenal) are going after Vardy.  One season hasn't made him an amazing striker.  He was so successful because he worked well as part of Leicester's attacking unit and partnered up nicely with Mahrez.  He just won't be able to replicate that in an Arsenal team, not to mention he's now overpriced.  Wenger's normally a sensible guy, but I think he's making a mistake here.

• Like 2

o_O
1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

I don't understand why we (Arsenal) are going after Vardy.  One season hasn't made him an amazing striker.  He was so successful because he worked well as part of Leicester's attacking unit and partnered up nicely with Mahrez.  He just won't be able to replicate that in an Arsenal team, not to mention he's now overpriced.  Wenger's normally a sensible guy, but I think he's making a mistake here.

yeah I agree. Arsenal isn't right for Vardy. 

• Like 1

RedundantIdiot
7 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I was surprised when I saw that Arsenal are after him, I don't think it would be a wise move. If he leaves Leicester I'd imagine a few Leicester players would be wanting to leave.