Sign in to follow this  
Beathe.

Football (Soccer)

Beathe.
8 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Is football a summer sport in Norway then?  Over here it's a winter sport (though there are still a few matches left)

The season is from March to November. It can be difficult at the start and end of the season due to snow. So most of the matches need to be played during the summer to make it work. :)

• Like 2

o_O
13 hours ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

The season is from March to November. It can be difficult at the start and end of the season due to snow. So most of the matches need to be played during the summer to make it work. :)

and the MLS because mericans are afraid of the cold and snow :lol: 

Beathe.
3 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

and the MLS because mericans are afraid of the cold and snow :lol: 

Not vikings like us then. :P

• Like 1

o_O
Just now, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Not vikings like us then. :P

parts of the US like LA and Dallas, if they see 2-3 inches of snow it's blizzard material for them. 

Beathe.
12 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

parts of the US like LA and Dallas, if they see 2-3 inches of snow it's blizzard material for them. 

So I've heard. Snow days suprises me. Like what even. We don't have them here. 

• Like 1

o_O
1 hour ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

So I've heard. Snow days suprises me. Like what even. We don't have them here. 

Lake Erie and parts of my state (PA) gets quite a bit of snow days off from school. rarely does the colleges/unis take a day off though.

Beathe.
10 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

Lake Erie and parts of my state (PA) gets quite a bit of snow days off from school. rarely does the colleges/unis take a day off though.

Never had one. Even when we lost the electricy for hours due to a storm we had to go to school. 

And something football related, we won our match today, 2-1. :D

• Like 1

o_O
9 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Never had one. Even when we lost the electricy for hours due to a storm we had to go to school. 

And something football related, we won our match today, 2-1. :D

congrats! 

Beathe.

Thank you. :happy:

o_O

when the Man Utd page said to predict the winner (or whereever page had that posted) but i stated 2-1 Utd. YAS 2-1 FT.  it should have been 3-0 but smalling done goofed. 

The Disappearing Boy

It was a damn good game though. Everton made a real go of it after missing the penalty.

• Like 1

Second favourite son
1 hour ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

It was a damn good game though. Everton made a real go of it after missing the penalty.

Good save by de Gea, but it was a bit of a tame penalty from Lukaku.  The commentators had decided he was gonna score as soon as the penalty was given.  He had a shocking game, at least for him.  The right team won, but with so many chances I was hoping for more goals from both teams.  Exciting game though

• Like 1

o_O
On 4/23/2016 at 7:08 PM, Second favourite son said:

Good save by de Gea, but it was a bit of a tame penalty from Lukaku.  The commentators had decided he was gonna score as soon as the penalty was given.  He had a shocking game, at least for him.  The right team won, but with so many chances I was hoping for more goals from both teams.  Exciting game though

at worst it should have been 3-0. i was even shocked that Lukaku didn't score from that penalty.

The Disappearing Boy

Bloody hell - Leicester have only just gone and won the Premier League!

stuart_and_the_ave

Not really interested in football but happy for my friends who spport them that Leicester have won.

I heard my next door neighbour cheering/shouting when Chelsea equalised, and again at full time :lol:

Should be a good atmosphere at work tomorrow!

o_O

it's not like Chelsea or Liverpool are winning or qualifying for anything next year. :lol::happy:

Mary711

So Bayern made it again. German Champion for the 4th time in a row. :happy:

Beathe.

Kompany won't be able to play the Euro Championship after all. Too bad for Belgium. :(

Second favourite son

Leicester's victory parade is being broadcast live on the main rolling news channels.  It's amazing that they won but I don't think it's quite worth such extensive coverage.

Beathe.

We won again. This season has been great so far. :happy: 

• Like 1

petros

Let's go Liverpool!

gdpony
On 18/5/2016 at 0:15 PM, petros said:

Let's go Liverpool!

That was awful :lol:

I really thought they had it. Crossing my fingers for Real now!

November's Storms

I was called to work at short notice when I had plans to watch the Liverpool game in a local Irish bar. I was expecting lots of fun and a few drinks and a nice win. In the end it turns out I was glad to be at 30,000ft instead, flying with a crew who didn't give a fuck about football! The improvements that Liverpool have made under Klopp this season have been fantastic and he has made some average players turn out great performances, but I'm surprised. To a man, we had better quality players than Sevilla but so many didn't turn up on the day.

Now I'm hoping for a good transfer window where Klopp and his crew can do something like they did at Dortmund, bring in relatively unknown players for cheap and make them into a quality team. Hopefully like 2013/14, the lack of European football will spur us on in the league, and this time we have a world class manager to handle the pressure!

Mary711

Today's the last important match of this season - DFB-Pokal against Dortmund. Still 0-0 but regular time is almost over.

Steven Seagull

My Barcelona friends are salty as fuck these days. I woner why?

Oh yeah REAL MADRID WON!