Billie Joe & Jason White to appear in the upcoming Jawbreaker documentary

Todd

From the official Jawbreaker Facebook page

"Tim Irwin took this picture of me, Billie Joe Armstrong and Jason White after those guys shot interviews for the Jawbreaker documentary a couple weeks back:"

10422314_10153960453377141_1463979010162

There is no release date set for the documentary yet

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steven Seagull said:

I can't see you on the picture Todd

He's the one with the glasses.

Come on guys enough with the docs. we want new music, more Green Day!

aaah this is exciting! i love jawbreaker, so it's nice to see other musicians that i like share that love too.

And now the mad scramble over to the fan  girl thread to discuss hair and glasses. 

Billie's hair looks way more blond than his usual blond in that picture. 

Spoiler

This is all I can add as I don't know anything about Jawbreaker. :ninja:

2 hours ago, Mary711 said:

Billie's hair looks way more blond than his usual blond in that picture. 

Hide contents

This is all I can add as I don't know anything about Jawbreaker. :ninja:

Then you need to rectify that situation ASAP. Jawbreaker was a killer band, every record of theirs (even/especially Dear You) is amazing!

Also, I'm so glad I finally get confirmation from every band in my 'holy trinity' (Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters) has shown a fondness for this band; it almost feels like an official seal of approval: if all three of these bands like it, then it's cool with me! :P

A documentary about candy? Why would they be in that? 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

Then you need to rectify that situation ASAP. Jawbreaker was a killer band, every record of theirs (even/especially Dear You) is amazing!

Also, I'm so glad I finally get confirmation from every band in my 'holy trinity' (Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters) has shown a fondness for this band; it almost feels like an official seal of approval: if all three of these bands like it, then it's cool with me! :P

Billie had a Jawbreaker sticker on Blue at one point, Tre used to listen to the Bivouac CD on the kerplunk tour, and of course Jason and Adam are in a band together :P 

1 hour ago, Todd said:

Billie had a Jawbreaker sticker on Blue at one point, Tre used to listen to the Bivouac CD on the kerplunk tour, and of course Jason and Adam are in a band together :P 

Well I knew about Jason being in the band California with Adam, but I never knew the other two facts! Still, it's cool to realize that between this, Jawbreaker touring with Nirvana in '93, and them touring with Foo Fighters in '96, my 'holy trinity' completely approves of them! :P

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!    Someone give Green Day a ride to the nearest recording studio, lure them in with some blonde hair dye and then lock them inside.  Once they've all bleached their hair to the fullest extent possible, getting all the roots, they won't have anything else to do but bang out ALBUM 12: KILL POP PUNK, F****N' PUNK ROCK!  , the masterpiece of their career.  Critics will say "it makes American Idiot sound like a dying alley cat" and we can finally stop posting stupid garbage like this on GDA, because we'll be satisfied permeantly by this bohemeth of a record.   

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

YES absolutely agree, love all the stuff they have going on etc etc but PLEASE we are all nearing meltdown out here, PLEASE  press release soon, oh and lots of new photo shoots and interviews and MUSIC  aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh........

How would spending a couple of hours or whatever being interviewed for this affect the speed of the new album coming out in any way? It won't have held it up any longer than spending a couple of hours going out for dinner/watching a film/walking the dog or whatever else they do day to day would have, it's irrelevant to it.

For me, as a Jawbreaker and a Green Day fan, this is all too exciting. Bivouac is pure perfection. @Todd Green Day  also played a show with Jawbreaker in '91 at the Davis Teen Center.

• 3 years later...

The documentary came out yesterday on Amazon and Vimeo. I just finished watching it. Jason's interview didn't make the final cut, but he was listed in the credits under the "thank you" section :P 

15 minutes ago, Todd said:

The documentary came out yesterday on Amazon and Vimeo. I just finished watching it. Jason's interview didn't make the final cut, but he was listed in the credits under the "thank you" section :P 

Do you have a link to the Vimeo or are both "pay per view"?

15 minutes ago, Todd said:

Awesome for once it’s included free with Prime! Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Do you have a link to the Vimeo or are both "pay per view"?

You have to pay to watch it. I'm a huge Jawbreaker fan so I loved it, but there were only three short clips with Billie, so unless you're familiar with Jawbreaker, it's not really worth watching.

Archived