What is your favorite album?

njc007

Favorite Green Day Album  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Dookie and 21st Century Breakdown. Dookie probably because it almost documents the transition from teenager to young adult, and I've reached that stage in my own life, so I relate to the album lyrically. But the music and melodies are fucking stellar too. Then 21st Century Breakdown, I think musically it's their most inspired and interesting album. Most songs are interesting and dynamic, and even the ones that stay simpler are catchy as fuck. I just fucking love the album, even if 21 guns was overplayed on the radio.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I can't pick a favourite between AI & 21CB - I love what AI did for the band & it is a masterpiece but I think 21CB is just as good & it is my most listened to GD album & the tour was the best concert I have ever seen.  I was on a high for months afterwards.

Come at me 21CB haters:)

I voted for Nimrod and American Idiot. 

American Idiot was the first one I listened to and it's still my favourite, while I like the variety of songs on Nimrod.

I also like 21CB and don't understand the hate that it gets. 

Don't remember if I answered this before but my favorite album is without a doubt, Insomniac. It blows me away everytime I listen to it!

I would rank the albums:

1. Insomniac

2. Dookie & 39 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (tied)

3. American Idiot & Warning (tied)

4. Kerplunk 

5. Nimrod

6. Trilogy and 21st Century Breakdown tied for last.

Did I miss any?

Ps. Remember this is MY opinion and it's ok if yours is different. 

• 8 months later...

I know its hard to choose. But everybody has there own reason why they prefer certain albums,
maybe its the album you first got into, or nostalgia reasons. Or just whatever you think is best.

I don't think there is an album I don't like to be honest. But I do have my favourite.

GO!

Well we've had this thread about 100 times but sure lol.

I just think 00s GD is the best. Warning, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are in my opinion the best of Green Day. Plus Foxboro Hot Tub's Stop Drop and Roll!

In terms of 90s GD, I think while a lot of it is good, Dookie is the only album which stands out from that period to me.

The 2010s albums are also strong imo. While the trilogy has mediocre material, it also has great tracks, not to mention RevRad which is a great return from GD!

I'd say my favourite is either AI or 21CB, both fantastic albums

21CB for me is probably the best, I loved that era as a whole and will never forget how blown away I was by the album.

Nimrod is probably my favourite 90s Green Day album.

I'm sorry if this has come up before I maybe should have searched on threads first. I'm still learning haha!

ahhh so many isn't there. 

I love nimrod that was the album I would always play guitar too beginning to end growing up and have it blasting as I got ready to go out!

I played in bands for years playing American Idiot tunes sometimes most of the album as we got a following in Manchester as a greenday covers and,  we would go in intentionally to play loads of covers, but end up playing greenday all night. That album inspired me massively.

Warning another great album, I read online it was the album that didn't do well!?!? It seemed like it did perfectly felt fine to me. I think it sold over a million copies. 

Dookie is amazing too speaks for itself with the singles alone off that album.

I think shenanigans is underrated too I would probably say that comes third behind my favourite two! Some of there best songs on there in my opinion!

but insomniac is my favourite album, when I put it on, that's the sound to me, never gets old. Just unbelievable, the greenday sound on that album is just them in a room smashing it. Not over produced just rocking.

getting the lady on the album as a tattoo over the next few weeks. Can't wait for it!!! 

If you have have read this far, then thankyou!!! 

Greenday forever!

I think there will never be a "best GD album", because we have different musical tastes (and I'm glad for it) and a one can easily change its favorite overtime. :)

Anyway, my choice is Insomniac. The rowest GD ever, this is sure.

Mine is actually Revolution Radio at the moment. :)

But when it comes with other records they are Dookie, Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot, Uno, and Tre! :D

3 hours ago, greenday1990 said:

I know its hard to choose. But everybody has there own reason why they prefer certain albums,
maybe its the album you first got into, or nostalgia reasons. Or just whatever you think is best.

I don't think there is an album I don't like to be honest. But I do have my favourite.

GO!

Hey since there's already at least one other thread for this (probably quite a few more around as well :lol:) I've merged yours with it and we can carry on the discussion here. Remember to always search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup: 

I said Insomniac and then AI.

I chose Insomniac because of its grittiness, angst and energy and AI because there is not a single flaw that I can find with it :happy:

Cannot say they are my favorites because I can't pick a favorite from my favorite bands. But, I voted for Insomniac and Warning, both of which were most important to me at those two points in time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Insomniac and American idiot for sure. Warning gets an honorable mention though ;).

Looking back at this thread, it's shocking that RevRad has only received 1 vote. I mean, Tré got 8 votes and RR is definetely better than that

EDIT: Well now it has 5 votes and I've just realized that this thread was created over 6 months before the release of RevRad

On 18 March 2016 at 1:44 AM, Harry Potter. said:

I really don't get the lack of votes for ¡Dos!. I think it's the most inspired and by far the most cohesive of the trilogy.

It's a great album, but it's hardly going to win any "best" polls know what I mean?

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours - I LOVE this album.  As some people have stated in this thread, it's pretty "basic." But I think that's exactly why I love it so much.  It's so...raw.

American Idiot - This album...is a masterpiece.

Archived