What is your favorite album?

njc007

Favorite Green Day Album  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mattcm49 said:

I personally thought 21st century breakdown was better than American Idiot but All in all I love every Album 

I agree 100%. I voted for 21CB.

3 hours ago, Mattcm49 said:

I personally thought 21st century breakdown was better than American Idiot but All in all I love every Album 

Yep I used to have AI ahead of 21CB but breakdown is by far my favourite, most listened to album.

19 minutes ago, o_O said:

lol at dos. that album stunk. lol. 

Dos is the best of the trilogy though

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Dos is the best of the trilogy though

and that says a lot. just my opinion

Well, I started to hear Green Day at 11 Years Old, with American Idiot, but I saw them for first time in 1998 when I was 5. At that time they was touring with Nimrod and I saw Basket Case music video on MTv (Yeah MTv, but whatever...) and many Ads on the street of their show in Buenos Aires in 1998. Personally I have a favourite Green Day work and it's 1,000 Hours EP.

But I love every Green Day Album.

Started to listen to Green Day during the American Idiot era, so that album is pretty special to me. But I think would go with Nimrod as my favorite Green Day album. 

Anyways, I just love every album made by them! 

I don't think I can vote because it's just too hard to choose!

21st Century Breakdown will always be my favourite album of all time, but I think my second favourite Green Day album, Dos, needs my support more. It's OK Dos, I love you.

Insomniac used to be my favourite 90s album. I guess I'm less emo now and it's between 39/Smooth and Nimrod. I went with Nimrod in the end. Can't argue with an album that has Scattered, The Grouch, Worry Rock and Prosthetic Head on it :wub:   

Nimrod always be my favorite ever and ever....this record has always felt like the one that proved Green Day could go the distance.

Insomniac

It's still my go to album when I don't know what to listen to

I also selected AI but I never listen to it anymore. But it's still their best work...

Kerplunk is my favorite 90's Green Day album. That was the one that got anyone listening to pay attention. It's better than both 39/Smooth and Dookie. Dookie is a fucking phenomenal album and a classic but the songs on Kerplunk are just as good, if not better. They're just not as fine tuned or recorded in a fancy studio. It's an album recorded like a punk album, when in reality it isn't really a punk album. Tre's drumming is just too good to sound that flat.

I always thought that 21st Century Breakdown wasn't as strong as the other albums. I think Rev Rad is better. More like American Idiot without sounding like it was copying. I do love 21 Guns, Know your Enemy and East Jesus Knowhere but the rest were more forgettable.

2 minutes ago, ExpiredBananas said:

I always thought that 21st Century Breakdown wasn't as strong as the other albums. I think Rev Rad is better. More like American Idiot without sounding like it was copying. I do love 21 Guns, Know your Enemy and East Jesus Knowhere but the rest were more forgettable.

ooh unpopular with me - in my top 5 songs

13 hours ago, ExpiredBananas said:

I don't understand why people think 21CB is a copy of AI. It's my favourite album because I think it builds off the rock opera sound they were going with on American Idiot and perfects it but does it differently. In terms of music style, 21CB has way more variety than any other GD album. You'd never hear songs like Peacemaker, EJN, VLG Little Girl or Restless Heart Syndrome on any other GD album. It doesn't sound like a copy at all.

I do like RevRad too but to me, it sounds like more of a "copy" than 21CB. Most of the songs are just what you'd expect from Green Day. Not to say it's a bad album, I still think it's great. I just don't really get why people think it's better than 21CB

Also, honestly 21 Guns and KYE are imo probably the weakest tracks on the album. Or close to it (still great tracks though)

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't understand why people think 21CB is a copy of AI. It's my favourite album because I think it builds off the rock opera sound they were going with on American Idiot and perfects it but does it differently. In terms of music style, 21CB has way more variety than any other GD album. You'd never hear songs like Peacemaker, EJN, VLG Little Girl or Restless Heart Syndrome on any other GD album. It doesn't sound like a copy at all.

I do like RevRad too but to me, it sounds like more of a "copy" than 21CB. Most of the songs are just what you'd expect from Green Day. Not to say it's a bad album, I still think it's great. I just don't really get why people think it's better than 21CB

Also, honestly 21 Guns and KYE are imo probably the weakest tracks on the album. Or close to it (still great tracks though)

Also add some of the best lyrics written.

• 3 months later...

Nimrod and Warning are my favorites.

Warning was the first song I heard from them as a kid. Or at least the first time I realized who Green Day was. I would stay up late watching MTV just waiting for the Warning music video to play. That song and album will always mean a lot to me.

Nimrod is just amazing. Every song is a jam and the journey from beginning to end feels incredible!

I have a tie in my heart between Nimrod and Insomniac but I ended up going with my gut and sticking with Nimrod. Also the huuuuuge lead that AI has really surprised me! I chose 21CB and most the time when I chat with people on here, they prefer almost every other album than AI! This was shocking.

Ngl, it makes me so happy that Nimrod has more votes than Dookie.:runaround::dance:

At this point here's my ranking for Green Day albums

1. 21st Century Breakdown
2. Dookie
3. American Idiot
4. Warning
5. Revolution Radio
6/7. Nimrod/Dos
8-10. Insomniac/Uno/Tré 
11. Kerplunk
12. 1,039/SOSH

Archived