What is your favorite album?

njc007

Favorite Green Day Album  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nimrod came out when I was in 7th grade, I was into GD already and even owned some of their albums, but this was the one that really made me fall in love with them for some reason. Warning came out when I was at the total peak of my obsession with them (had bought all their albums and had seen them live by that time and was basically just a maniac about them by then) when I was in High School, the anticipation and build up to the release of that album was the first time I ever was really excited about an album drop in that way... so fucking great. Scanning through every music magazine for articles/interviews with them, glued to MTV at any chance of seeing their videos or promos... fucking miss those days. All the lyrics and themes on Warning spoke heavily to me at the time too. Totally destroyed me. So Nimrod and Warning will always be my personal favorite records of theirs, but granted it's totally just a personal thing. I wonder if there are going to be kids in 10 years citing Revolution Radio or the Trilogy as their personal favorites due to them coming out during a significant time in their lives? I hope so. I hope every Green Day record has its die hard fans who discover them at the right place and the right time.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went with nimrod and breakdown.

Nimrod is such a great album with so much diversity, there is something for everyone!

Breakdown is AI 2.0. It has some great songs, rather it's The slow, but emotional last night on earth, or the relentless, fast paced Horseshoes and Handgrenades, this album has no bad songs.

Nimrod is breakdown on spreed.

I love all of song from breakdown expect for "All American girls" "last night on earth" (I pick that opposite of you Jinxed) I don't know it is kind of "cheesy" lyrics.

42 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Nimrod is breakdown on spreed.

I love all of song from breakdown expect for "All Last of the American girls" "last night on earth" (I pick that opposite of you Jinxed) I don't know it is kind of "cheesy" lyrics.

Fixed that for ya:)

Kerplunk is by far my favorite from the 90s. That album is damn near perfect, and the fact that they still play so many of those songs live shows how well they hold up. 

RevRad has to be my favorite from the 2000s. Objectively, I'd choose 21CB, because I think that's when they reached their peak in terms of writing and the scope of their sound. It's ambitious as hell, and in my mind, far more interesting than American Idiot (though American Idiot is a masterpiece for a number of reasons on its own). But RevRad kinda buried itself in my heart. It feels homey, and manages to mash up all the reasons why I love this band into one 45-minute album. 

I can say that my top favorite is AI cause that was the album that made me fall in love with them. But I love almost all of them :P 

13 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Fixed that for ya:)

oh..thanks..(i didn't realize until last night)..;)

Revrad..is good but not great. I like songs,Still Breathing,OWorld,say goodbye,outlaw..and least Youngblood,too dumb to die..somewhere now.

Still Nimrod. I have been listening to that cd everyday since January. I love it so much and don't get sick of it.

I have always loved all the albums, Revolution Radio of course is on my record player everyday now, but I still love American Idiot, Nimrod as a ties for great albums. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is my first post and I'm just seeing the ropes so bear with me.

What is the best Green Day Album? I can't really choose between Insomniac, American Idiot and Revolution Radio and I just want to see what other people think because there's so many different favourite albums. (Probably because they're all as good as each other.) 

Call this a sentence starter or something.

Welcome - love your username btw - there have been many threads discussing this - Im sure a mod will merge yours soon. 😀

& the best would probably be DOS 

28 minutes ago, ExpiredBananas said:

This is my first post and I'm just seeing the ropes so bear with me.

What is the best Green Day Album? I can't really choose between Insomniac, American Idiot and Revolution Radio and I just want to see what other people think because there's so many different favourite albums. (Probably because they're all as good as each other.) 

Call this a sentence starter or something.

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've merged your topic with an existing thread on the subject.

To keep things organized, we try to keep conversations in single threads and not duplicate topics. Before creating a topic next time, try to do a search and see if one exists.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have fun posting! :) 

Boy, this is a hard one! It would be easier for me to pick my least favorites. In the end I chose Insomniac and American Idiot, though. I think the lyrics in Insomniac are cleverer than Dookie and the story behind the record really adds substance to it. It's angry, confused, and chaotic because it's true to the way Green Day was feeling at the time as they were rejected by their peers. American Idiot is just timeless and there is not a song on it that I don't like. I do also love 21CB, UNO, TRÉ, and Revolution Radio, though. 21CB will always be special to me because it was my first dive into Green Day and I really loved that era.

7 hours ago, The Insider said:

Welcome - love your username btw - there have been many threads discussing this - Im sure a mod will merge yours soon. 😀

& the best would probably be DOS 

Thanks man. It's been merged (I think). DOS is pretty cool.

7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've merged your topic with an existing thread on the subject.

To keep things organized, we try to keep conversations in single threads and not duplicate topics. Before creating a topic next time, try to do a search and see if one exists.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have fun posting! :) 

Ok. Will do. Thank you!

Welcome @ExpiredBananas, got to agree with @The Insider love your user name.  This is the source of endless debate, I can't name one I love them all and I listen to different ones doing different things.  Having to Revrad on repeat for months when it came it out, I had gone back through the catalogue, and then there was the Longshot/Cover Up stuff so listened to Revrad again the other week and I love it but it has weaknesses but my ratings change all the time.  

Have fun on the forum!

I chose Kerplunk and RevRad. 

Being a younger fan, it’s really interesting to deep dive into their really early stuff. Kerplunk just shows they had promise to be successful. I also love the crappier amps. 

I love RevRad because it shows them making a comeback from the rather unfavorable Trilogy. It marks a new beginning away from gimmicks almost like the 90’s.

I wish I could interact more, here, but I'll be back now and then to share some thoughts, haha... Good one. One thing that I don't understand (and it's something I'm realizing only recently about myself about the subject) is when someone talks about a record or a movie in terms of how great it is. I used to do it too, of course, I'm human, after all! But, not to say that everything is subjective, that ''great'' thing doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know if someone felt the same, at one point, or always had this point of view (if we can call it that way)... There are records or bands, even with just 2 songs, that changed music history, and that's objective. But we talk about history, about pop, in that sense, not about what that music strictly means to ourselves, no? I found myself being awkards replying (unintentionally) with sentences like, ''Oh, yes, that album? What a masterpiece, one of the best ones...''. Just an example. This, of course, is not to criticize anyone or anything, it's just something I wanted to share. And maybe I'll be lucky to find company, Lol By the way, from 90s and 00s (as I see everyone is doing it), I will go for Kerplunk! and Warning. Trying to explain why, I'd say that I omitted post-Warning stuff 'cause, in a way, to me, Green Day became a different band with American Idiot. Not strictly in terms of sound, 'cause Billie Joe never changed his songwriting style, but more in terms of the whole thing, something that would go off topic in this thread. I love everything Green Day recorded in the 90s. Everything, even those songs I like a little less than others. It's different for post-American Idiot stuff. I can't say I love Warning and Kerplunk! 'cause they have everything I like about Green Day, 'cause there are songs in other albums like, I don't know, Westbound Sign and Scattered that are worth the price of a record, for what they mean to me. So this to say that no album is perfect. There's not an album I have ever heard that has 10 songs and I like all of it. Not at the same way, at least. Kerplunk! is my favourite one but, in that sense, there are not 12 songs ''Welcome to Paradise'' into it, haha... I like Kerplunk! sound, how is played and recorded, is rough but not ''shitty'' like someone said, about 39/Smooth, too. I love every instrument it, even those overdubbings with weird, ''1, 2, 3, 4'' deeper voice counting on ''Private Ale''. Everything. I can relate to every lyrics and so many songs made company back then, like ''One of My Lies'', ''Who Wrote...'', ''Android'', ''80''... For Warning, I don't know, I love to play it on guitar. If I think about 39/Smooth, I feel like Warning is the perfect end of ''that'' Green Day period. It's perfect, to me. I love ''Castaway'', ''Blood, Sex and Booze'', ''Fashion Victim''... Those guitars are so good. And those melodies... Damn, ''Jackass!'', I love that song. And ''Waiting'', ''Waiting'' is in my top 3 songs, EVER. Not Green Day only. And ''Minority'', ''Macy's Day Parade''. Beautiful melodies and meaningful anthems, about personal riots and intimate emotions, something Green Day always talk about. Maybe that's why I don't like the trilogy or post-American Idiot stuff like the 90s stuff. Of course everyone can change, but I feel like 90s Green Day were more unique as a band, in a lyrical and musical way. Nowadays, they sound like Green Day, and Revolution Radio is a good comeback after a bad period. But, maybe I already said this in the RevRad thread when the LP came out, sounds like Green Day doing Green Day, and that's ok, but doesn't make you say, ''Wow!'', like... it's something you expect. This could seem off-topic, but I read a post of a user, maybe yesterday, saying that in '94 he/she was waiting for Insomniac and praying God to make it sound nothing different from Dookie, and it was like that. But maybe now is different, 'cause Insomniac was Green Day album number 4. In 2012, or 2016, is different, when the new album is the album number 12, 11 or whatever. Thanks for reading, hope it's not that boring... 🙂

12 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

So Dos is officially the least liked now.  

Well this thread was from March of 2016 so it's pretty out of date. That's why RevRad also has so few votes cause that wasn't released til October

I think Dos is the best of the trilogy though. Best musically. Has SOME good lyrics (emphasis on some because other lyrics are shite) but overall, better lyrically than Uno imo. A lot of stand out tracks too.

Archived