Peter.

Blink-182

petros
On 6/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, Afflejack said:

why do u seem so obsessed with somebody that you dont like??? 

i dont understand the hatred at all but its a little much

I'm not obsessed I have a life of my own to worry about. If you pay close attention to Tom news you'll figure out that what I'm saying is not hatred or whatever coming from me (as I said I like his music I'm looking forward for the next ava album) it's just the truth. 

monkeyupinspace
Posted (edited)

I think that Matt could be a really good addition to the band or a replacement for Tom if Mark would pull the stick out of his (own) ass to stop thinking that they have to write music that appeals over the mainstream radio to fourteen year olds.

Hell, they've all shown that they're able to write really "good" (whatever that is) music over the last twenty-five years that has clever lyrics and at least some kind of "edge" to it. They don't need ten or so additional songwriters to write "radio hits" or songs about the Target parking lot at age 50. 

When I first heard the news of Matt joining Blink I thought, cool some kind of Trio/Sekrets mixed in with the Plus 44/later Blink sound. Not songs co-written by Patrick Stump and the ex-keyboarder of Evanescence. Also, Feldman was definitely the wrong choice for a producer. 

Bit of a rant here, sorry. 

Maybe the new album will turn things around but I won't have my hopes up. It's obvious they're rewriting the album right now after the massive negative feedback they got on Blame It On My Youth. 

Edited by monkeyupinspace
  • Like 2

petros
19 minutes ago, monkeyupinspace said:

When I first heard the news of Matt joining Blink I thought, cool some kind of Trio/Sekrets mixed in with the Plus 44/later Blink sound.

Completely agree. That's why I didn't like Cali too. 

Christian's Inferno!
17 hours ago, monkeyupinspace said:

It's obvious they're rewriting the album right now after the massive negative feedback they got on Blame It On My Youth. 

Why is that obvious? It's not actually been received that negatively, I mean on YouTube it still has a positive like/dislike ratio. 

petros
6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why is that obvious? It's not actually been received that negatively, I mean on YouTube it still has a positive like/dislike ratio. 

Well at first they said the album would definitely come out before warped tour and in June. Then Mark said it's not ready and not coming in June. The rebranding of the tour from the New album tour to the enema 20 years tour also comes to add to this theory. 

If they are such pussies that would re-record the album they wanted to create and did so in the last 2 years just because people didn't like the first single I'm losing all respect for them. 

monkeyupinspace
Posted (edited)

@Christian's Inferno! You're right, although I think the first few days/weeks the gap between thumb-downs and -ups wasn't that big, plus the many negative comments.. it sure is strange that they're still recording. 

tl;dr: not really a fan of the direction where Blink is heading without Tom. 

(How can I edit and quote someone after posting a comment or isn't that possible?) 

Edited by monkeyupinspace
  • Like 1

petros

Seems like simple creatures is totally outperforming blink right now. God the ep was so good and this is even better. Wow! Everyone says bring Tom back. Fuck blink and do simple creatures full time Mark. This is so good.

• Like 1

Göta

I also like what they do! And it's also cool to think about how Gaskarth grew up being super fan of blink-182 and now he's playing in a band with Hoppus :happy:

• Like 1

Insane Ginny

I agree with fuck Blink, but this song sucks. But if it keeps Mark away from Blink then perfect.

petros
3 hours ago, bmt93 said:

I agree with fuck Blink, but this song sucks. But if it keeps Mark away from Blink then perfect.

salty much?

petros

So no dark stuff and the music for the first time is close to what Travis listens to. I'm super excited tbh but at the same time most blink fans expecting pop punk or dark aggressive stuff might as well not even bother to listen to this album.

Eric

Petros-182 for reals

• Haha 1

petros
12 hours ago, Eric said:

Petros-182 for reals

Man we've been through this before don't embarrass yourself again.

Christian's Inferno!
On 6/15/2019 at 12:34 AM, Eric said:

Petros-182 for reals

What does this even mean?

petros

New song/video clip for Generational Divide out this Friday. Super excited, hope it's another pop sounding one to piss the haters off even more.

Joe.
2 hours ago, petros said:

New song/video clip for Generational Divide out this Friday. Super excited, hope it's another pop sounding one to piss the haters off even more.

I’m quite interested to see it, purely because the reaction of social media has been so poor. As said earlier in the thread it does appear like they’ve backed down over the latest album, so whether there’s a change of direction again remains to be seen

petros

Teaser of the new song in blink's story. I like it, sounds like +44 you guys should check it out.

Reminds me of dogs eating dogs and I really liked that song.

Edit: Here it is

• Like 1

petros

Kind of a longer tease on Mark's twitter with some vocals in the end.

Joe.

Sounds really good, hope it turns out well

MillenniumFan

Wow, sounds nothing like "Blame it on my youth". I'm definitely surprised.

Actually, the riff is almost straight punk (no pop), although admittedly the vocals bring it back to pop punk base. 

Christian's Inferno!

Yeah this already sounds better than Blame It On My Youth. I can see why it reminds you of Dogs Eating Dogs

petros

So latest rumor is it's only 49 seconds long. Fuck those guys if they would tease a song everyone seems to like and it's only 49 seconds. 

• Like 2

Christian's Inferno!
4 hours ago, petros said:

So latest rumor is it's only 49 seconds long. Fuck those guys if they would tease a song everyone seems to like and it's only 49 seconds. 

Inb4 this is the best song of the album and it's only 49 seconds long. It better not be another "joke" song like we got on California. Those were the worst tracks on California. So forced, unfunny and pointless and wasted good riffs

petros
21 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Inb4 this is the best song of the album and it's only 49 seconds long. It better not be another "joke" song like we got on California. Those were the worst tracks on California. So forced, unfunny and pointless and wasted good riffs

The joke songs on Cali certainly weren't funny but they where the best songs in the theme they were going for. Like classic pop punk riff driven blink. I'd rather listen to brohemnian than parking lot, or she's out of her mind. 

Mark said no joke songs in this album but he has said untrue shit in the past so nobody's actually to be trusted in this band. Maybe Travis. 

• Like 1

petros

http://filecrypt.cc/Link/cl0x6Id_Yhva64hhbNa2Oq6r3KR2sml9QOVRS-1Gkkc6_UPGFkGd3kwCiFcoWfnhi3g49Ob47csl1CshYiDZMUxH9zesJPKh3EupKcOnpJky5icIrHDosBWiqBaSs5ut.html

It leaked. It is 49 seconds. I don't get it. It sounds kinda cool but why? What is this song why does it exist like that?

It's like a cool idea they could make into an actual song. Why didn't they?