Jump to content
Peter.

Blink-182

Recommended Posts

Joe.

Just find it way too poppy in the first few listens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros

That's what I personally wanted though. Not another Rabbit hole, kings of the weekend and no future stuff. I loved the simple creatures EP too. I want mark matt and travis to keep pushing and experiment more and I hope this is what this album is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Boy Named Airplane

No Future and Misery were my favorite songs on California.
So I find Blame It On My Youth a little bit boring. I'll give it a few more listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros

It just feels like an album song for me though not like the first single. Still enjoy it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.
35 minutes ago, petros said:

That's what I personally wanted though. Not another Rabbit hole, kings of the weekend and no future stuff. I loved the simple creatures EP too. I want mark matt and travis to keep pushing and experiment more and I hope this is what this album is.

Ive got no issue with them experimenting, I've been arguing green day should do the same, it's just I think this is a bad song. To me its just bland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros
9 minutes ago, Joe. said:

 Ive got no issue with them experimenting, I've been arguing green day should do the same, it's just I think this is a bad song. To me its just bland.

Each to their own I guess :lol: I think it's a grower as well, maybe listen to it a few more times tomorrow if you're a blink fan and care enough to do this maybe you'll find it better!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Dude

Oh man, It seems like it's Punk season again!  I love it!  

Bad Religion bumping in my car! 

Offspring working on a double album! 

New Sum 41! 

And now a new Blink-182 single?!!!!

Did anyone else notice this song doesn't have any "whoa-ohs"?   It's a bit poppy, sure.  But Blink have always been on the more sunny side of punk anyway.  I've only heard this once, but I think I'm going to like it.  

PUNK RAWK! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jirachi
3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Oh man, It seems like it's Punk season again!  I love it!  

Bad Religion bumping in my car! 

Offspring working on a double album! 

New Sum 41! 

And now a new Blink-182 single?!!!!

Did anyone else notice this song doesn't have any "whoa-ohs"?   It's a bit poppy, sure.  But Blink have always been on the more sunny side of punk anyway.  I've only heard this once, but I think I'm going to like it.  

PUNK RAWK! 

 

None on the album will. Mark did a Q&A on Snapchat yesterday or whatever and someone asked how many na na's and whoa's are on the album, he thought about it and said of the 12 i think they have, 0 have nana's and whoa's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Dude
12 hours ago, Jirachi said:

None on the album will. Mark did a Q&A on Snapchat yesterday or whatever and someone asked how many na na's and whoa's are on the album, he thought about it and said of the 12 i think they have, 0 have nana's and whoa's.

Oh, awesome!  Glad they actually addressed it!  I just imagined Mark panicking during the question, and right after the interview running to the studio and erasing all the trillions of "whoa-oh"s.   Hahaha

I'm really excited about new Blink.  I think Matt Skiba should be a permanent thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Boy Named Airplane

After a few listens I still don't like this song... 
I seriously hope this is the worst song on the album because I hate hating Blink song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR

> complains about last blink concert

> complains about new blink songs

> buys tickets to another blink concert where I’ll hear new blink songs 

:confused::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

So far I'm not feeling this song. It's just.....bland like most of California. I'll listen to the new LP, but I don't have any expectations. At least Simple Creatures is good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jirachi

I really liked California to the point where it was my album of the year 2016. Im okay with this song, don't love it but don't dislike it. At least Tom's not on it to make me hate it more haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eva

Overall I like the song. It does seem a little "boring" but I've heard it once and I still liked it - definitely think it's something that will grow on me.

As for the tour...honestly, fuck these dudes. I bought tickets to see them two years ago and they cancelled the show and rescheduled for six months later and a week before the show was finally supposed to happen, they cancelled it again with no reschedule. And now this tour, they're not in Tennessee at all and I'll be out of the country when they're in Atlanta. What the hell kind of problem do these guys have with the south? They never give us a chance to see them :( 

14 hours ago, Jirachi said:

At least Tom's not on it to make me hate it more haha.

Ain't that a big god damn mood... :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.
3 hours ago, Eva said:

Overall I like the song. It does seem a little "boring" but I've heard it once and I still liked it - definitely think it's something that will grow on me.

As for the tour...honestly, fuck these dudes. I bought tickets to see them two years ago and they cancelled the show and rescheduled for six months later and a week before the show was finally supposed to happen, they cancelled it again with no reschedule. And now this tour, they're not in Tennessee at all and I'll be out of the country when they're in Atlanta. What the hell kind of problem do these guys have with the south? They never give us a chance to see them :( 

Ain't that a big god damn mood... :lol: 

Done it to me too if it makes you feel any better

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmt93

They should really stop using the name blink with the new songs. Everything after Neighborhoods was trash. I'll stick to Angels and Airwawes, at least Tom knows what he's doing, while blink is going on a tour with Lil Wayne 😅 RIP anyone who heard their version of WMAA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros
2 hours ago, bmt93 said:

They should really stop using the name blink with the new songs. Everything after Neighborhoods was trash. I'll stick to Angels and Airwawes, at least Tom knows what he's doing, while blink is going on a tour with Lil Wayne 😅  RIP anyone who heard their version of WMAA.

Woah be careful with all that edge you got there son

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian's Inferno!

I loved California but this song is disappointing to me. Not a bad track, just not that interesting. If this is the strongest track of the album, then I'll be really disappointed. If it's the worst, then the album will probably be pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros

So what's your blink albums ranking?

Mine is smiley face>toypaj>enema>neighborhoods>dogs eating dogs>cali>dude ranch>chesire cat>buddha

Yeah I don't like dude ranch and it's considered a classic among blink fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Great Saiyaman

I like the new song. I will admit it's faded on me these past few days listening to it but I think it's good. 

As for my rankings... I'll go with toypaj>enema>self-titled>dogs eating dogs>neighborhoods>california>dude ranch>cheshire cat>buddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian's Inferno!

1. California
2. Neighborhoods
3, Untitled
4. Enema
5. TOYPAJ
6. Dude Ranch/Cheshire Cat

Probably the most unpopular ranking ever but that's how I'd rank them. To be fair I've only listened to DR and CC once or twice, but I really disliked how they sounded and haven't found any reason to give them another listen. But yeah, I think they have basically gotten better as time has gone on. But I don't think this next album will be my favourite if the rest of the songs are of the same quality as this new song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GugsGreenDay

New song is a pop shit. Sorry 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros
10 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

1. California
2. Neighborhoods
3, Untitled
4. Enema
5. TOYPAJ
6. Dude Ranch/Cheshire Cat

 Probably the most unpopular ranking ever but that's how I'd rank them. To be fair I've only listened to DR and CC once or twice, but I really disliked how they sounded and haven't found any reason to give them another listen. But yeah, I think they have basically gotten better as time has gone on. But I don't think this next album will be my favourite if the rest of the songs are of the same quality as this new song.

You're probably the only blink fan ever with this ranking :lol: 

How can not all of you have self titled as the best album? It's obviously the best album they've ever recorded. Probably better than every green day album that's not called american idiot too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

I haven't thought about this in a while but here's my ranking:

1. Untitled
2. TOYPAJ
3. EOTS
4. Dude Ranch/Neighborhoods
5. Dogs Eating Dogs
6. California
7. Buddha
8. Chesire Cat

I honestly can't pick between Dude Ranch and Neighborhoods. I think I like them both on the same level - both have some stellar songs, but also a good amount of filler or lackluster tracks. I can't stand their debut album. I tried so hard to like it and it has a handful of good songs, but nothing something I can listen to all the way through. And after giving it so many tries I just don't like California. I'm just not feeling this iteration of Blink at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros
3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I haven't thought about this in a while but here's my ranking:

1. Untitled
2. TOYPAJ
3. EOTS
 4. Dude Ranch/Neighborhoods
5. Dogs Eating Dogs
6. California
7. Buddha
 8. Chesire Cat

I honestly can't pick between Dude Ranch and Neighborhoods. I think I like them both on the same level - both have some stellar songs, but also a good amount of filler or lackluster tracks. I can't stand their debut album. I tried so hard to like it and it has a handful of good songs, but nothing something I can listen to all the way through. And after giving it so many tries I just don't like California. I'm just not feeling this iteration of Blink at all. 

Now that's a good list :lol: I can't listen to early blink neither and I've tried too. And to think from green day I like keprunk more than dookie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×