Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

Peter.

Blink-182

2,773 posts in this topic

This is the direction they need to take the band in

The new song is pretty good. I don't think it's their "strangest" though.

Another new song!

1 person likes this

I like all these new tracks but I'm almost a little pissed, they could've made California such a better album on release by switching some of the tracks for these ones.

This new song is such typical blink 182 it almost sounds like a parody of them.

Wildfire is awesome! I was singing along while listening to it. :D

I only kinda like 6/8 and misery. If they go to the next album and keep this feldman polished sound I lose all respect for mark and travis.

Also the lyrics of wildfire:sick:

These new tracks are okay, but I find I just don't care about this band anymore. I will check California Deluxe, but it's not something I'm really looking forward to.

So the deluxe leaked. And it's weird. I was ready to hate this or have a laugh with all the songs about being "young and putting up parking lots". But there are some legit good songs in there. Good songs in the direction I'd imagine mark, matt and travis sounding like.

Last Train Home is the best song they as a trio have released. It's exactly the direction I want from them. Plus "The only time I feel alive is when I find something I would die for" lyric from Mark makes me hope the guy who wrote the +44 album still exists. At last Matt shines in a song. His singing is awesome in this one. Please Matt keep influencing the band like this. Hey I'm sorry, which we've heard from the regular version of Cali, is a great song love it even more now that it's in an actual album it felt out of place in cali as a Japanese extra song.Good Old Days and Long Lost feeling I like too. Botom of the Ocean is different but I like that too, it gives me +44 vibes and I love that. Add 6/8 and Misery which i kinda enjoy from the songs we've already heard and I'm completely satisfied with this deluxe version.

I hope they stop writing songs like Parking Lot and Wildfire and keep the direction of 6/8, last train home and Botom of the Ocean. Also they need to stop using the riff of adams song oh god. I don't care if the song is awesome after that they have literally used it more than 5-6 times in cali and deluxe. Listen to the start of Don't mean anything.

26 minutes ago, petros said:

So the deluxe leaked.

Ohhhhh can't wait to get home so I can download it! I've enjoyed the songs they've released so far. :D

I listened to all the new unreleased tracks a couple of times and I'm satisfied with the album too. It seems a lot more experimental than the original album. I think with these songs they've found the perfect mix between catchy pop punk songs and experimentation.

Although Parking Lot isn't a great track, I think having it as the first track of the deluxe CD is good as it acts like a bridge between the two sounds of the two discs

I can't wait to listen more but initial impressions are good!

1 person likes this

I'm deciding if I should buy this or not. Mostly because I didn't think that California original wasn't that great. And there were only two songs on the Deluxe version that I actually liked. 

1 person likes this

Listening to the deluxe, I'm quite optimistic for the bands future. Last Train Home particularly shows that this band can write great, original songs - put them with a good producer next time and we could get a great album

2 people like this

10 hours ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Listening to the deluxe, I'm quite optimistic for the bands future. Last Train Home particularly shows that this band can write great, original songs - put them with a good producer next time and we could get a great album

I didn't listen to the deluxe edition yet..

But I'm happy you're enjoying it. I need to check it out for myself. :)

Listening to it more, I think it gets better with more listens. Bottom of the Ocean is my favourite, that's a sick track! The whole thing is great. Parking Lot is the weakest, although it's still a good track.

1 person likes this

Shit man. There's so many things wrong with these Feldmann songs I feel like if any other band released this I would have hated it, but because it's Blink I can't help but listen.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

Shit man. There's so many things wrong with these Feldmann songs I feel like if any other band released this I would have hated it, but because it's Blink I can't help but listen.

You don't like last train home and bottom of the ocean?

15 hours ago, petros said:

You don't like last train home and bottom of the ocean?

I did actually like those two and parts of other songs like 6/8, but I still feel they could have been so much better with a better producer.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

I did actually like those two and parts of other songs like 6/8, but I still feel they could have been so much better with a better producer.

Yeah that's true. Long lost feeling is a nice song too. I was expecting cali part 2 especially with all these pre-released songs so it was a pleasant surprise! I hope they keep this direction going. And the pop songs sounding like Good old days and not wildfire sounds awesome to me.

They are being more adventurous on here which I definitely like. After a few listens it has grown on me and I think it's a sign of better things to come.

3 people like this

I only listened to the Deluxe once, but I can tell it's more solid than Cali. I'm still not sure how much I like it...I wasn't super impressed, but I did like more of the songs better. These songs seem to have more substance and are a bit less generic than the ones found on Cali.

1 person likes this

I actually thought that the Deluxe version wasn't that bad. I still have some problems with Feldmann's production though. What I sorta liked about the Deluxe version is that it sounded more like +44 and Alkaline Trio. My favorite songs are Misery, Bottom of the Ocean, and 6/8.

+44 + Alkaline sound is everything every actual fan wants from blink. Not stupid pop punk songs about not growing up.

3 people like this