Message to Green Day

Beerjeezus

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I play with your dogs? and Can I get an Insomniac tour t-shirt? (Any band member)

What is your favourite song from Insomniac? i would ask this. and "Can't you play a show for  only 39/smooth, Kerplunk,insomniac and nimrod? i would demand.

4 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Billie do you really have a micro penis?

There is a videographic evidence of it after all...

15 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Does it matter?

I would ask Mike to explain the title of Emenius Sleepus, and wouldn't accept an explanation of the song instead which I think he's given on more than one occasion when asked.

17 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

You can google image search the answer to this. However he's already answered, he said "I'm a grower not a show-er" :P 

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Does it matter?

Either way he's clearly proud of what he's got and doesn't mind the world knowing!

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Does it matter?

Well I wanna know if it made it in the guinness book of records.

You see what I did there? :lol:

I would ask them about song titles because some of them are really weird. Also about the meaning of some of their songs. 

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I just love how this entire fandom revolves around Billie's penis. 

It really doesn't though.

Just now, Brooklyn Baby said:

It really doesn't though.

The conversation turns to it weirdly often.

Billie's penis probably has a Twitter account already.

4 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Billie's penis probably has a Twitter account already.

It does.

Billie Joe

Re-record "When its time" without the voice echo and slowing it down. Heard it for the first time yesterday after someone posted it on here, I absolutely love the song, in fact I think it is one of my new favorites. (as it was recorded on video in HLAHG). I am just not a fan of  the actual recorded version. I think it would sound great with just your natural voice and acoustic guitar, at the same speed you played it in the studio. (to me it had sort of a good riddance feel to it, with a different meaning of course) That might just be me though...

I think I'm the only GD fan that doesn't like When It's Time.  Billie just doesn't do sappy love songs well, he does realistic love songs perfectly.  I don't even like When It's Time when it becomes Wake Me Up When September Ends, since they are almost the same song.  I do like the sentiment behind both songs, just not the songs themselves.

I will go crawl under a rock now.

30 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I think I'm the only GD fan that doesn't like When It's Time.  Billie just doesn't do sappy love songs well, he does realistic love songs perfectly.  I don't even like When It's Time when it becomes Wake Me Up When September Ends, since they are almost the same song.  I do like the sentiment behind both songs, just not the songs themselves.

No need to crawl anywhere, you're not alone. I'm not a big fan of these two either. Sappy love songs just aren't my thing and WIT is no exception. 

On March 4, 2016 at 0:48 PM, Jane Lannister said:

It's a popular belief that Green Day's management or the band themselves read GDC. I don't care if that's true.

What I'm asking is: if you had a chance to talk to the band/the management and you could say anything or ask any question would you? And what would you say? Post messages or whatever you have to say. This sounds awfully like a consumer feedback thread. Lol

It would be awesome for them toncome to Mexico, we've been waiting since 2005... It'll also be awesome for them to go on tour as a band or maybe join in with Blink-182 again, like a Pop Disaster Tour vol.2.

Just now, averagewhitetrash said:

It would be awesome for them toncome to Mexico, we've been waiting since 2005... It'll also be awesome for them to go on tour as a band or maybe join in with Blink-182 again, like a Pop Disaster Tour vol.2.

I don't want them to go on a tour with anyone. A whole night of Green Day is better than seeing two bands for one price 

9 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I kind of like When it's time. (but yes, the natural version,not the over produced one...Billie's voice is so sweet, why mess it up???) I don't like sappy love songs.  But When it's time is just awkward enough to work, for me. It sounds like classic Billie Joe when he's talking, fumbling around for words, some of the words landing on the wrong accents, but he gets the meaning across because he puts the love into the music itself; via his singing and playing.

I also wish he would re-record that to be more like the demo performance in HLAHG.

8 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

No need to crawl anywhere, you're not alone. I'm not a big fan of these two either. Sappy love songs just aren't my thing and WIT is no exception. 

I don't think WIT is sappy though, it's awkward Billie Joe, that's why I like it.

I was originally thinking that I would not want an opening act, just GD, but if Weezer opened for them, it would just make my day.

On 3/5/2016 at 1:29 PM, mrduckygoosy said:

I wouldn't say totally fine, he looked really upset during Wake me up when september ends.

It was very close to the 30th anniversary of his father's death, do you expect him to look completely unemotional?

8 hours ago, velvetgrass said:

It was very close to the 30th anniversary of his father's death, do you expect him to look completely unemotional?

I didn't say that. What I mean is that he wasn't totally fine because he's not always that sad when they play this song and I think it showed how upset he was around that time. But I do agree, the anniversary didn't help, still he looked abnormally tired.  

Archived