Message to Green Day

Beerjeezus

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

Billie has talked about the effects he says they are a comfort thing for him singing 

honestly, i don't mind compression, i use it all the time when i record bands... i automatically put it on before the take, and then if the singer thinks he had a bad take i play it back and it sounds fine haha. his vocals haven't seemed off to me on any of the records, i'm not a reverb fan though but i'll admit that it does have its place when it comes to certain songs

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

he's been using the vocals effects almost 20 years now why stop now 

dookie is pop punk...

I wrote 'strange'. I know he's been using the effects much longer. Nowadays his modified voice is a bit annoying, too clear and fake youthful. 

I know that dookie is pop-punk. I didn't write it isn't. But current pop punk scene is just shitty, 5sos is labeled as pop-punk...it really pisses me off. And I did write - get back to old, raw SOUND, (regarding billies mission for 2016).

52 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

?again Billie had his vocals that way for almost 20 years now...

True, vocal compression is crucial to get that nice professional recorded sound, but the trilogy was way over the top with the compression; all dynamics were stripped away.

10 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

I wrote 'strange'. I know he's been using the effects much longer. Nowadays his modified voice is a bit annoying, too clear and fake youthful. 

I know that dookie is pop-punk. I didn't write it isn't. But current pop punk scene is just shitty, 5sos is labeled as pop-punk...it really pisses me off. And I did write - get back to old, raw SOUND, (regarding billies mission for 2016).

I actually like the clear vocals much more than his older vocals.  You couldn't understand a single word he said.  He writes such beautiful lyrics, most of the time, I want to hear them 

Billie said he wanted to destroy pop-punk, whatever the hell that means.  He didn't say a more raw sound.  I don't think anyone, probably including Billie, knows what he meant by that.

31 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I can see that we are going to get along very well.  You are exactly correct.  Not only Billie, but all singers will need to catch their breath and they need to do it iin a way that is seamless to the crowd.  Billie does Hey oh's and sing alongs.  It is impossible for anyone to sing liek that for 3 hours straight without a little bit of a break.

I also like the hey oh's, it's fun.

Exactly, they Hey Ho's and other stuff he does are definitely vocal breaks. His hey ho's are in a very comfortable part of his range and he can just float them out via the microphone and let the crowd do the work. Also when he does things during a long instrumental vamp, like bringing people up on stage, etc.  This is all fun but I'm sure it's also voice breaks for him.

31 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

honestly, i don't mind compression, i use it all the time when i record bands... i automatically put it on before the take, and then if the singer thinks he had a bad take i play it back and it sounds fine haha. his vocals haven't seemed off to me on any of the records, i'm not a reverb fan though but i'll admit that it does have its place when it comes to certain songs

I know you need compression for a good sounding recording, or else it sounds like some crap someone recorded on a phone or something.  But trilogy compression...WAY too much. I think he's tasteful with the reverb, though.

8 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

YES! THIS!

11 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Why does a genre label piss you off? Just change the label in your itunes or whatever you use for music and label it Super Duper Hardcore Punk Rock :lol: 

1 hour ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

I like it when he does the hey ho's it's crowd pleasing and it shows just how hard he works at the shows when he is too knackered to sing. He goes about it the right way through getting the crowd involved. 

Yes, they are voice breaks for sure, and other stuff he does, like bring fans up on stage, are all voice breaks.  3 hours is a long time on a voice, even his!

Oh and I almost forgot: Tell Billie Joe to write more songs with piano :D

19 minutes ago, trufan1 said:

Billie, Why'd you ever stop playing Jaded on stage?

Ah that's an easy one- ever since Jason joined the live band, Billie's had more of an opportunity to be a frontman. 

35 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

True, vocal compression is crucial to get that nice professional recorded sound, but the trilogy was way over the top with the compression; all dynamics were stripped away.

Yeah the trilogy it was used wrong it should've been adjusted to sound right with the production

If management were reading this I'd ask how many idiots did Billie walk past before taking the stage at iHeart Radio and making himself into a "joke". Physically restraining him (assuming it would have been required) cancelling and getting him help would have been what anyone should have done in his state (obvious even in the backstage interviews). Of course money is the only true motivation for management and record companies etc. Fuck people's health. Yuck. 

If Billie ever read this (though I hope he's too busy recording ;);)) I would officially order him to record new Pinhead Gunpowder music...oh and plz stop with Know Your Enemy live! :lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

If management were reading this I'd ask how many idiots did Billie walk past before taking the stage at iHeart Radio and making himself into a "joke". Physically restraining him (assuming it would have been required) cancelling and getting him help would have been what anyone should have done in his state (obvious even in the backstage interviews). Of course money is the only true motivation for management and record companies etc. Fuck people's health. Yuck. 

If Billie ever read this (though I hope he's too busy recording ;);)) I would officially order him to record new Pinhead Gunpowder music...oh and plz stop with Know Your Enemy live! :lol::lol:

i back all of this! :)

Just now, lizziebix said:

I see you've left a couple of messages.  Have they ever responded?

No they've never responded to anyone on that feedback section. But I keep on posting like some overexcited fan :P 

3 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

No they've never responded to anyone on that feedback section. But I keep on posting like some overexcited fan :P 

So you might as well post it all here. You'll get the same amount of answers from Green Day here as there.  :P

1 hour ago, st_trillie said:

It's pretty clear that you know absolutely nothing about the team who surround the band and what their motivations are. If you don't think those people care about them as individuals, you're a fool. To sit around on a high horse and proselytize right and wrong about a situation that you know very little about shows your own ignorance.

2 hours ago, st_trillie said:

Pat tried to get him to go to rehab after the UK shows if i remember correctly Billie said Pat tried after the London show but Billie wanted to fulfill the shows and then go no-one can force a grown man to go into rehab well not without court orders and such but Billie himself said his manager tried to step in beforehand 

if management was just about money he'd dropped Green Day after iheart happened Warner would've dropped them if money was the only thing that mattered to them 

10 hours ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

I like it when he does the hey ho's it's crowd pleasing and it shows just how hard he works at the shows when he is too knackered to sing. He goes about it the right way through getting the crowd involved. 

Agreed! I think they can seem a bit tiresome when you watch a video, but when you're there seeing them live and joining in with them it just feels like a fun and natural part of the show, doesn't seem excessive. The way they involve the crowd so much puts their shows on another level.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Pat tried to get him to go to rehab after the UK shows if i remember correctly Billie said Pat tried after the London show but Billie wanted to fulfill the shows and then go no-one can force a grown man to go into rehab well not without court orders and such but Billie himself said his manager tried to step in beforehand 

if management was just about money he'd dropped Green Day after iheart happened Warner would've dropped them if money was the only thing that mattered to them 

Yeah he tried to get him to go the morning of the Shepherds Bush show I went to! But Billie didn't want to cancel. I admire Pat/the management for caring more about Billie's health than shows being played (as well as Billie for wanting the show to go on and not to disappoint fans even if it wasn't the best for him). The limited amount of info we have all points to the people around him caring, doesn't mean they could force him.

Archived