Message to Green Day

Beerjeezus

It's a popular belief that Green Day's management or the band themselves read GDC. I don't care if that's true.

What I'm asking is: if you had a chance to talk to the band/the management and you could say anything or ask any question would you? And what would you say? Post messages or whatever you have to say. This sounds awfully like a consumer feedback thread. Lol

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff have you ever sexually harassed a pigeon?

i'd love to sit down with the band and just shoot the shit about their recordings. ask them what guitars, basses, and amps were used on what albums (this subject is covered in a lot of interviews, but i have yet to see a confirmation the blue was used on insomniac, all i know is that billie just used modded amps), and I'd like to ask them if there were certain songs from each album that they wish would have been singles (i just read an interview from the nimrod era where billie says the label picks the singles), or if there were songs they wish never became singles. It'd be cool to see them rank their albums from favorite to least favorite, and if there was anything they would change about how a way one of the albums came out, like if they wish it had a different sound or something or if there were songs that they wish were left off

Why did you tell the crowd at Hammerstein Ballroom in '01 you played 86 in Boston when you didn't, Billie, you lying fuck?

Also, are there any other alter-ego side projects you guys have been wanting to do?

17 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

i have yet to see a confirmation the blue was used on insomniac, all i know is that billie just used bob bradshaw modded amps)l

Can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but I'm 99% certain I saw an interview where he mentioned using a Jag-Stang on a handful of Insomniac tracks.

Please, play a less predictable setlist every night, get off the confort zone and surprise the crowd at each show

6 minutes ago, Alf said:

Please, play a less predictable setlist every night, get off the confort zone and surprise the crowd at each show

THIS. The best setlist I ever heard was HOB in Cleveland last year and it's because it was so unpredictable. I'm hoping the good reaction they got from the crowd when they played songs that aren't setlist staples will encourage them to do it more in the future.

I would just want to thank them for the impact they've made on my life.

I'd love to just sit down and listen to records with them or drive around listening to music/go record shopping.

For the band's management and not the band: please, for the love of God, improve your social media language. Hire some more young guys to work on the band's accounts, even Youtube. Twitter is not all about retweeting Kerrang covers. Redesign that awful website. If you want to, please hire me. I'm a filmmaker and a designer. I could work with Chris Dugan. That's all. No message to Billie Joe. Just hire me.

I wanna know for sure if Lights Out and Hearts Collide were from Cigarettes & Valentines and if Walk Away from the sessions is the same one that ended up on the trilogy. 

1 minute ago, Otávio Vidal said:

For the band management and not the band: please, for the love of God, improve your social media language. Hire some more young guys to work on the band's accounts, even Youtube. Twitter is not all about retweeting Kerrang covers. Redesign that awful website. If you want to, please hire me. I'm a filmmaker and a designer. I could work with Chris Dugan. That's all. No message to Billie Joe. Just hire me.

I agree, they have no notable social media presence and the website is useless. Their team can't seem to care less about it. I'm under the impression that they count with the fact that people go straight on GDA when they want Green Day related info. 

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Amen. I like your direct approach! 

First I want to say thanks to my buddy Jane for the great idea for a thread.  

First, I want to disagree with the people that are saying to surprise the crowd every show.  I understand, and agree, that I want to hear different songs, but they are not just catering to us.  Most of the fans are not as invested as we are and are coming to the show to hear the standards.  Sorry, but those type of fans out number us.  Also, big shows are staged, all of them and it is difficult to change staged shows on the fly.  So, what I would live to see is alot of the hits, because I love them too and most of them are hits for a reason.  But mix up where they can.  One day do Good Riddance as a closer and the next do Stay the Night Acoustic, one day Start and the Ave, the next Panic Song, etc.  And don't give me any of the "I don't care about them shit".     

The main thing I want to see is a new producer.  Rob has been a great producer for them, I just think the working relationship is stale.  I don't think he can be objective with them anymore.

Also, Billie needs to pull me on stage to sing Nightlife with him.  

1. Do not polish your music

2. Billie, do not use strange vocal filters

3. Destroy pop-punk forever (u know..), just get back to dookie/insomiac/nimrod sound 

4. Just fuck the mainstream

5. Be always independent

1 minute ago, greenalert997x said:

1. Do not polish your music

2. Billie, do not use strange vocal filters

3. Destroy pop-punk forever (u know..), just get back to dookie/insomiac/nimrod sound 

4. Just fuck the mainstream

5. Be always independent

he's been using the vocals effects almost 20 years now why stop now 

dookie is pop punk...

Please come to Florida on the next tour. It's been too long. 

1. OK this is for the sound engineer, whoever that may be this time: 2 words for Billie's vocals...LESS COMPRESSION... we the fans want a more natural sound on the vocal tracks. Please!!

well, kinda difficult for me to think about something^^

lets try

start with sth which many people may ask

willl you ever come to luxembourg? yeah i know, very little country, small arenas...but well, maybe one day, you could use the festival field

hmmm...other question oh i know sth

maybe you should bring the broadway musical to central europe like i germany or france?

well i think that the musical hasnt been yet in central europe, not 100% sure about this!

1 hour ago, JJ1964 said:

First I want to say thanks to my buddy Jane for the great idea for a thread.  

First, I want to disagree with the people that are saying to surprise the crowd every show.  I understand, and agree, that I want to hear different songs, but they are not just catering to us.  Most of the fans are not as invested as we are and are coming to the show to hear the standards.  Sorry, but those type of fans out number us.  Also, big shows are staged, all of them and it is difficult to change staged shows on the fly.  So, what I would live to see is alot of the hits, because I love them too and most of them are hits for a reason.  But mix up where they can.  One day do Good Riddance as a closer and the next do Stay the Night Acoustic, one day Start and the Ave, the next Panic Song, etc.  And don't give me any of the "I don't care about them shit".     

The main thing I want to see is a new producer.  Rob has been a great producer for them, I just think the working relationship is stale.  I don't think he can be objective with them anymore.

Also, Billie needs to pull me on stage to sing Nightlife with him.  

I could not have put this better myself.

10 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

1. OK this is for the sound engineer, whoever that may be this time: 2 words for Billie's vocals...LESS COMPRESSION... we the fans want a more natural sound on the vocal tracks. Please!!

again Billie had his vocals that way for almost 20 years now...

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Hey ho less. 

I like it when he does the hey ho's it's crowd pleasing and it shows just how hard he works at the shows when he is too knackered to sing. He goes about it the right way through getting the crowd involved. 

4 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but I'm 99% certain I saw an interview where he mentioned using a Jag-Stang on a handful of Insomniac tracks.

that's interesting, and it would make sense since those guitars have an angled humbucker just like blue does, but after some research I'm leaning towards that he didn't use one. I found lists that said he owned one, but there was no other info and the lists didn't seem super credible. The guitar itself was designed by Kurt Cobain, and according to wikipedia they didn't go into production until the fall of 95, while green day recorded insomniac in the winter and spring. There were prototypes though that were made in 94, so i guess there's a chance he could have used one though. There is however definite proof that he used a Jaguar on some parts for nimrod.

So dear Green Day management, if you can't get me an interview with the band, i'll settle for one with Rob Cavallo, we need to know guitar stuff and what's up with the vocal effects. Make it happen, thanks!

1 minute ago, Kyle Serlington said:

that's interesting, and it would make sense since those guitars have an angled humbucker just like blue does, but after some research I'm leaning towards that he didn't use one. I found lists that said he owned one, but there was no other info and the lists didn't seem super credible. The guitar itself was designed by Kurt Cobain, and according to wikipedia they didn't go into production until the fall of 95, while green day recorded insomniac in the winter and spring. There were prototypes though that were made in 94, so i guess there's a chance he could have used one though. There is however definite proof that he used a Jaguar on some parts for nimrod.

So dear Green Day management, if you can't get me an interview with the band, i'll settle for one with Rob Cavallo, we need to know guitar stuff and what's up with the vocal effects. Make it happen, thanks!

Billie has talked about the effects he says they are a comfort thing for him singing 

21 minutes ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

I like it when he does the hey ho's it's crowd pleasing and it shows just how hard he works at the shows when he is too knackered to sing. He goes about it the right way through getting the crowd involved. 

I can see that we are going to get along very well.  You are exactly correct.  Not only Billie, but all singers will need to catch their breath and they need to do it iin a way that is seamless to the crowd.  Billie does Hey oh's and sing alongs.  It is impossible for anyone to sing liek that for 3 hours straight without a little bit of a break.

I also like the hey oh's, it's fun.

Archived