Static Noise Podcast 100: We like shitty pop-punk (and rumors)

Sanity Loan

In episode 100 (yay!) of the Static Noise Podcast, the crew dedicates the episode to discussing the rumors and speculation regarding Green Day being in the studio recording their 12th album.

Be sure to subscribe to the show in iTunes or your favorite podcast app (search for Static Noise) so the latest episodes download as soon as they're available.

Show Notes:
- The band shares photos from the studio
- Billie Joe microphone photo
- Billie Joe and Will.I.Am. selfie
- Green Day melody by Minority 905

Hosts - Follow us on Twitter for our take on the latest Green Day news!
- Andres: @fuzzgda
- Matt: @chinanderm
- Jack: @jack__yates
- Alissa: @AlissaGoesRAWR
- Mikey: @m1key_gda

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys really should teach Heroes & Cunts how to use a microphone :P

2 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Great show! Hopefully you're right Matt and the album will arrive in May!

It will arrive on March 1st

6 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

It will arrive on March 1st

You missed it, it came on January 3. 

i'm only a few minutes in but i'm glad that the halloween version of basket case was mentioned! i remember hearing that once in the late 90's but i haven't heard it since, good to know i didn't imagine it haha

3 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

i'm only a few minutes in but i'm glad that the halloween version of basket case was mentioned! i remember hearing that once in the late 90's but i haven't heard it since, good to know i didn't imagine it haha

I didn't know it existed till now :D

5 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

You guys really should teach Heroes & Cunts how to use a microphone :P

What's that?

Matt, why exactly May? Is that just a feeling you have or did you hear something from someone? 

As I saw the picture of Billie Joe and the microphone I was pretty sure the album would come out by the time of August. I still think that's quite realistic. May feels really early to me but I totally wouldn't mind! :D

I also agree with your opinions about the first single and marketing of the album in general. I hope they are going to drop the bomb about the release of the new album pretty soon and then promote the single for a few weeks or months on late night shows etc. It'd be so cool of it is going to be a big hit, followed by a big ass world tour.

49 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Matt, why exactly May? Is that just a feeling you have or did you hear something from someone? 

Just a feeling! I haven't heard any time frame.

9 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

You DID imagine it. I've just been in your head!

25 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

You DID imagine it. I've just been in your head!

Nice to see you back! 

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

Nice to see you back! 

Thanks man!! Was great to do the show again.  :D

Congratulations on the 100th episode! This podcast is what got me on GDC, and got me even more obsessed with Green Day than I already was. It makes me laugh when I listen to it, and I go back from time to time and listen to old episodes for the hell of it. Keep up the amazing work, guys! 

"You guys can follow the show at static noise ..what the fuck is it called?" Another great ep thanks for making it!

I wanna set Matt's laugh as the alarm on my phone. That's what I wanna wake up to every morning!

Oh, and this:

Great job! I can't listen to this at work again. Luckily not a lot of people were in to hear me hold in my laughter. 

• Fuzz pinned this topic
On February 6, 2016 at 0:23 AM, M1KEY said:

I wanna set Matt's laugh as the alarm on my phone. That's what I wanna wake up to every morning!

Oh, and this:

i agree the @Todd problem has gotten out of hand we need to get rid of the Todd quickly

latest?cb=20110718154357

On 2/6/2016 at 0:23 AM, M1KEY said:

... I don't know how to respond.

• Fuzz unpinned this topic

Archived