U.S. presidential candidates favorite musicians

JardyOfSuburbia

Rolling Stone has an article listing some favorite musicians of the presidential candidates for 2016 in the U.S.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/complete-guide-to-the-2016-candidates-favorite-music-20160201

Surprisingly Republican Governor John Kasich (from Ohio, woo!, but I don't like him) cited Green Day as "one of the last great albums." What album he is talking about I have no idea. 

EDIT: I meant to put this in Random Green Day News. My bad.

51 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Surprisingly Republican Governor John  Kasich (from Ohio, woo!, but I don't like him) cited Green Day as "one of the last great albums." What album he is talking about I have no idea. 

as a former Republican, liking Green Day and being a Republican aren't mutually exclusive things. American Idiot was my favorite album when it came out (who am I kidding, it's still my favorite album) and I was a huge fan of GWB at the time. 

Kasich is actually one of the most reasonable and moderate Republicans in the race and would be a way better nominee than Cruz or Trump :mad:. He's probably referring to American Idiot.

27 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

as a former Republican, liking Green Day and being a Republican aren't mutually exclusive things. American Idiot was my favorite album when it came out (who am I kidding, it's still my favorite album) and I was a huge fan of GWB at the time. 

I remember liking GWB right after 9/11. Then again I was only in 5th grade and didn't understand a single thing. It wasn't until AI that I started to broaden my horizons and question things.

3 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

Kasich is actually one of the most reasonable and moderate Republicans in the race and would be a way better nominee than Cruz or Trump :mad:. He's probably referring to American Idiot.

This is true. If anyone was to emerge from the Republican field I suppose I'd want it to be him.

1 hour ago, Lady Nightlife said:

True, Green Day is pretty light on the politics. Not like listening to Leftover Crack. 

I find it odd that when people listened to AI at first, they started to think about politics. When I first bought that album I was first of all addicted to the sounds, but I started listening to the lyrics more carefully and began to see it as a manifestation of my feelings. I started to relate the songs to myself in a personal and social way. It wasn't until I started getting really into Green Day did I see this as a political album.

59 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I find it odd that when people listened to AI at first, they started to think about politics. When I first bought that album I was first of all addicted to the sounds, but I started listening to the lyrics more carefully and began to see it as a manifestation of my feelings. I started to relate the songs to myself in a personal and social way. It wasn't until I started getting really into Green Day did I see this as a political album.

I was also listening to Anti-Flag at the same time. It's a little harder to find ambiguity in lyrics like "Fuck the flag and fuck you"

There is some guy that follows Ted Cruz around with a sign that says: "Ted Cruz loves Nickelback".  Maybe that is why he isn't in this article. 

I need to find that quote from Billie about how he'd talk to Republicans and they'd be like "yeah man I really like American Idiot" and talk about how it reflected their political beliefs somehow and he'd just be thinking "no, that's not what it's about and you're not supposed to like it". Was something like that :lol: 

Also no harm at all in having a thread for this! Always feel free to make threads about stuff if you think it's interesting, no need to shove everything in random news.

56 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Remember that time when Trump went to see American Idiot? 

That's what I was going to say... Trump is the biggest Green Day fan. He actually attended the musical. Trump is a fanboy. Trump fantasizes about being pulled onstage by Billie and kissed. Trump is frustrated. Trump doesn't know what to do with his frustration. Trump didn't understand the lyrics to Longview. Trump decided building a wall would help.  Trump is only running for president and being a hateful psycho dick because he knows he will get the attention of his heros Green Day and maybe they will write their new album about him this time. Every time Billie posts about him he dances around the room to Troublemaker. He secretly knows how much Billie loves him for it was after catching a glimpse of Trump on the red carpet at American Idiot that Billie revealed a new look...that inspired by Trump glow is hard to mistake.

2.163610.jpg

12 hours ago, Lady Nightlife said:

I want to know what ultra-Konservative Kay was like... I still don't believe she actually existed. :P 

2 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I want to know what ultra-Konservative Kay was like... I still don't believe she actually existed. :P 

Fortunately, that aspect of my past died with my old account :P and I've done a pretty good job scrubbing it completely out of my Facebook history as well, so you're just going to have to live with your curiousity.

I was fairly insufferable, though. My first signature on here was a picture of me with Paul Ryan.

3 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

Fortunately, that aspect of my past died with my old account :P and I've done a pretty good job scrubbing it completely out of my Facebook history as well, so you're just going to have to live with your curiousity.

I was fairly insufferable, though. My first signature on here was a picture of me with Paul Ryan.

I remember your conservative Tumblr! :P

#stalker 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I remember your conservative Tumblr! :P

#stalker 

I burned that shit with fire!!!!

9 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

I honestly just can't picture you as a conservative.  It just seems so out of character.  

However, I will admit that I think Paul Ryan is handsome, ears and all.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I honestly just can't picture you as a conservative.  It just seems so out of character.  

However, I will admit that I think Paul Ryan is handsome, ears and all.

Oh my god THANK YOU finally someone agrees with me!

I was the most conservative conservative who ever conservative'd for like.... years. Probably 10 years or so? It's still a running joke with all my IRL friends.

3 hours ago, Lady Nightlife said:

Oh my god THANK YOU finally someone agrees with me!

I was the most conservative conservative who ever conservative'd for like.... years. Probably 10 years or so? It's still a running joke with all my IRL friends.

so what made you change your mind about it?

8 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

so what made you change your mind about it?

I was really involved in some political campaigns and basically burned out. Took a break from politics for a long time and realized that living on the fringe was bad for my mental health. You have to live in a place of extreme fear, anger, and hate to maintain an extremist world view. Also, joining GDC and encountering people who I actually respected and who held vastly different political views than I did helped as well.

i am curious as to why good ol cruz wasnt on that list. Trumpty Dumpty better not like fanboy over Green Day :lol: 

Archived