Green Day is subtly advertising themselves on Facebook. (Opinions?)

XxXxXxXxX

About a month or so ago Live Nation published a sponsored post on Facebook that was Green Day playing at their high school in the early 90's. Just this morning I notice that a Facebook page called "oneofus" published a sponsored article or Billie Joe talking about his bisexuality. In my opinion I think Green Day might be trying to reach out to various crowds almost as a "Hey remember us? Well we're coming back" in preparation for there new album. Over the past couple years I have not seen one sponsored Green Day post on Facebook. There have been two, that I know of, within a couple months. Has anyone else seen any other posts? Any other opinions?

I don't put too much stock in any advertising I see on Facebook. FB ads are so targeted and individualized to each user that there's not much point in trying to attach deeper meanings to them.

Plus, I think I get about 10 Green Day posts a day and have been for years.  It is really nothing new. 

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I haven't seen any. Apparently Facebook doesn't know I'm a Green Day freak. 

I guess there is a reason I was Biggest Billie fan and you were only runner up. 

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I guess there is a reason I was Biggest Billie fan and you were only runner up. 

Campaign started early this year.

Jane will make the fangirls thread great again in 2016. 

I've seen Green Day themselves posting hints of recording an upcoming album this year. Before I saw those, there was a fan that spotted Mike Dirnt at, I think a ball game of a sort, and he asked him about anything, and Mike supposedly said they've got some new stuff coming 2016, even went on to say it would be some of their best stuff. This was about November/December when that was posted through Facebook. Nothing has been officially announced, but that and the Instagram photos of them possibly recording pretty much point towards, something is going on behind the scenes. And I personally believe that there will be an album this year based on what I've seen. We'll just have to wait and see. But I don't think I've seen anything else other than that.

11 minutes ago, Michael Highway said:

I've seen Green Day themselves posting hints of recording an upcoming album this year. And I personally believe that there will be an album this year based on what I've seen. We'll just have to wait and see. But I don't think I've seen anything else other than that.

Prove it or it didn't happen. 

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Prove it or it didn't happen. 

Tadaaaa... 

3 minutes ago, Michael Highway said:

Tadaaaa... 

Don't worry, we believe you, they are just acting "surprised" (as a joke) because - funnily - we have been discussing this kind of news in the following thread for a good 20 pages: 

3 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Don't worry, we believe you, they are just acting "surprised" (as a joke) because - funnily - we have been discussing this kind of news in the following thread for a good 20 pages: 

Ahh, I've seen that picture on facebook, that was one of the ones I was talking about too. :) But yeah, yesterday was my first time back on here in a few years, so any discussions, I wouldn't have a clue, lol

Billie is such a diva trying to make bisexuality into such a complicated issue. Step 1) Put your penis inside the mouth, vagina, or anus of a consenting partner. Step 2) ???? Step 3) PROFIT

I don't think that's advertising.Media creates articles and only thing GD does is share which they are supposed to do. And That high school show is a really big thing that needs to be shared and published even more by the media.

And,Billie talked about bisexuality only few times from what i've seen.The media may like to turn around this subject for years, that stuff is what they are interested in..

1 hour ago, Trotsky said:

Billie is such a diva trying to make bisexuality into such a complicated issue. Step 1) Put your penis inside the mouth, vagina, or anus of a consenting partner. Step 2) ???? Step 3) PROFIT

You BIPHOBE!!! Oh wait you are right. 

2 hours ago, Michael Highway said:

Ahh, I've seen that picture on facebook, that was one of the ones I was talking about too. :) But yeah, yesterday was my first time back on here in a few years, so any discussions, I wouldn't have a clue, lol

Welcome back and have fun! :)

22 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

You BIPHOBE!!! Oh wait you are right. 

Welcome back and have fun! :)

Thank you, and thank you, you too! :)

Archived