How do you think the live setlist will change?

Alan86

I was just thinking of what songs they could possibly play while touring for a new album, obviously a few new songs mixed with a greatest hits set is the most likely option. The thing is, I can't imagine 1 trilogy song ever making the cut again. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I was just thinking of what songs they could possibly play while touring for a new album, obviously a few new songs mixed with a greatest hits set is the most likely option. The thing is, I can't imagine 1 trilogy song ever making the cut again. 

I think the only potential ones are 99 Revs, SWTRLF, Stay The Night and DRB, if they ever decide to play it

24 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I think the only potential ones are 99 Revs, SWTRLF, Stay The Night and DRB, if they ever decide to play it

I don't see it. They won't play DRB, and I just can't see a trilogy song making the cut ever again. If im being completely honest the album tracks from every album before the trilogy are greater than The best hits from the trilogy. And I'm almost certain Green Day themselves will come to the same conclusion.

I would be disappointed if they abandoned the trilogy like that, but I wouldn't be surprised either. I just think it's a shame those songs didn't have more of a life on stage, 

I think 99 Revolutions will stick around as the token trilogy song, a bit like Know Your Enemy from 21CB. Stay the Night was pretty good live, wouldn't mind that one staying

What about brutal love? They liked that one enough to make it their closer most of the time

there's a lot of songs from the trilogy i'd rather see live over anything from 21CBD.

Stay The Night, Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go, Stray Heart, Amanda, Makeout Party, Missing You... all solid stuff in my opinion

Know Your Enemy has always been a pretty lackluster track in my eyes. my favorite songs from the rest of the album would be the title track, peacemaker, murder city, and american eulogy. i wouldn't be bummed though if i went to see them live and they left out those songs

56 minutes ago, Dan3siko said:

What about brutal love? They liked that one enough to make it their closer most of the time

I would like Brutal Love to be their closer forever. 

18 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Can't you get anything right?  That is January 3,  2014

bla bla 

brutal love definitely in my top five.

4 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

bla bla 

brutal love definitely in my top five.

Only top 5? f-l-e-s-h

I am going to be the odd one out and say that Brutal Love was definitely the low point of their setlist. For it to be good you really need the crowd to know the song, but when I saw them next to no one knew it, and it really seemed out of place. 

4 hours ago, Lady Nightlife said:

I would like Brutal Love to be their closer forever. 

:sick:

Brutal Love vs Good Riddance now that's a hard decision.

3 hours ago, Cruise said:

but when I saw them next to no one knew it, and it really seemed out of place. 

Sounds like bunch of fake green day fans to me

7 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Brutal Love vs Good Riddance now that's a hard decision.

Well I've seen Good Riddance live 7 times and I've never seen brutal love live so it's an pretty easy decision for me.

Good Riddance :happy:

1 hour ago, Alan86 said:

Well I've seen Good Riddance live 7 times and I've never seen brutal love live so it's an pretty easy decision for me.

Good Riddance :happy:

I had both in the same setlist and Good Riddance wins by a mile. 

I think during the trilogy tour they were trying to make Brutal love known by playing it, as the melody is well known so people can kind of get into it even if they don't know the lyrics (to have it as a single wouldn't have been a good idea, as the song is not entirely original of theirs). So I don't think they'll stick to it in the next tour, if it didn't really work in its own tour it won't work in another one. I'd say they'll try to do the same thing with a ballad of this new album. 

Good Riddance has great nostalgia value, no doubt about it. But Brutal Love is a massive kick right in the feels, especially when you realize it's a song about the relationship between the band and their fans. 

If you don't like Brutal Love, you aren't a human. It should be a closer. And it should have been a single. 

Brutal Love was an amazing closer. I don't know how anyone can watch this and deny that. I really hope they keep it.

Also I think they'll definitely keep 99 Revolutions.

I love Brutal Love and for me it worked very well as a closer, but for many people in the crowd it was a disappointment that they ended with a song they didn't know, and during the tour I saw people holding signs for Good Riddance and shouting it at them so many times... in Rome even before the show some poeple were trying to organize others to do so because it had worked in Milano. That's why I say Brutal Love didn't really work for the majority of the crowd. Hopefully if now they choose a new ballad to close they'll make it a single before (and hopefully it will be good :P) 

3 hours ago, ThranaM said:

See The Light would also be a good closer if you ask me :happy:

Indeed.

Archived