Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I just don't believe that info on Green Day is that under wraps.

Oh buddy, you are very mistaken. You'd be surprised by the stuff I'm asked to remove. But, I totally understand why they do it. Fans don't often see a full picture of a situation so people often misinterpret intentions about why they may or may not want information out there. I've learned the hard way (posting stuff I wasn't supposed to), about why they're very specific about the information they want out there. It's for that reason that when asked I comply. If I think they're being a little too ... particular, I have a decent enough relationship that I can push back or ask for clarification. And it's through that I've gained an appreciation of why they tend keep lots of information very close and why 99.5% of the time I just remove something when they ask.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Oh buddy, you are very mistaken. You'd be surprised by the stuff I'm asked to remove. But, I totally understand why they do it. Fans don't often see a full picture of a situation so people often misinterpret intentions about why they may or may not want information out there. I've learned the hard way (posting stuff I wasn't supposed to), about why they're very specific about the information they want out there. It's for that reason that when asked I comply. If I think they're being a little too ... particular, I have a decent enough relationship that I can push back or ask for clarification. And it's through that I've gained an appreciation of why they tend keep lots of information very close and why 99.5% of the time I just remove something when they ask.

Oh ok. That's honestly really surprising to me because I don't see how this info is harmful enough for them to peruse forums looking for it. If anything, it seems good for hype and sales. 

Whilst I understand why they do it, I think it's bullshit that management can ask for posts to be taken down whenever. We're just excited fans, it's not like we're spilling government secrets. Whatever happened to free speech?

2 minutes ago, RustyJoe said:

Whilst I understand why they do it, I think it's bullshit that management can ask for posts to be taken down whenever. We're just excited fans, it's not like we're spilling government secrets. Whatever happened to free speech?

How would you like it if you told someone all your secrets then they starting posting them all over the internet for the world to see? I'm sure you'd want them taken down as well.

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

How would you like it if you told someone all your secrets then they starting posting them all over the internet for the world to see? I'm sure you'd want them taken down as well.

I wouldn't be happy about it no, but I'd be more frustrated with myself for telling them in the first place

Just now, RustyJoe said:

I wouldn't be happy about it no, but I'd be more frustrated with myself for telling them in the first place

Well that's probably how their management feels. They didn't want that getting out for a reason.

Specific information about the recording process is probably taken down because people started to build a timeframe around that, while I think there's not much of a timeframe set for the release of the new album.

Sometimes I wonder what strategy they have. GDC is closely watched but you can find lots of insider and personal stuff on other websites. I suppose it's the connection with gda that makes this forum more read by outsiders. 

On 4/17/2016 at 8:24 AM, Jane Lannister said:

It's all about the fame. 

and THERE'S the rhyming patteren.   

Kind of lame.   Bind of Shame.    Rind of Came.   

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Sometimes I wonder what strategy they have. GDC is closely watched but you can find lots of insider and personal stuff on other websites. I suppose it's the connection with gda that makes this forum more read by outsiders. 

I know, right? Does Green Day's management have someone on their payroll whose job is to read this forum?? It seems to be closely monitored.  Billie Joe probably wasn't supposed to say what he said the other day, but he's probably getting excited, too! I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble!

If anyone really close to GD checks this place dont forget to stop by my art thread :whistle

So that guy's encounter with Billie Joe was posted as a news item over on Chorus (formerly AbsolutePunk), citing GDC as the source.

Now that we know someone from GD's management team is in Andres' ear about what can and cannot be posted here, it begs the question - how much authority does the management team or the record company have over dissemination of this kind of info, from a legal standpoint? If they are following this forum, it stands to reason somebody is keeping tabs on other news outlets too.

Can someone similarly go to Jason Tate and say, "Hey you need to take this down. It's privileged information"? What if he was to refuse? Then what?

I miss when Bill Schneider did their online stuff and would post on here. Much more fun :P 

And let's not forget that Mike comes here too:happy: Are we the coolest place to be a green day fan or what?

7 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

So that guy's encounter with Billie Joe was posted as a news item over on Chorus (formerly AbsolutePunk), citing GDC as the source.

Now that we know someone from GD's management team is in Andres' ear about what can and cannot be posted here, it begs the question - how much authority does the management team or the record company have over dissemination of this kind of info, from a legal standpoint? If they are following this forum, it stands to reason somebody is keeping tabs on other news outlets too.

Can someone similarly go to Jason Tate and say, "Hey you need to take this down. It's privileged information"? What if he was to refuse? Then what?

I think Andres said once that while they can't force him to take stuff down, he does it to maintain the relationship he has with Green Day. It's a mutual respect, and doing so probably gives this forum some wiggle room in terms of what it can and can't do in the name of the band.

7 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I know, right? Does Green Day's management have someone on their payroll whose job is to read this forum?? It seems to be closely monitored.  

Why do you think Seagull was allowed back in the midst of majority public hatred? #conspiracy

29 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Why do you think Seagull was allowed back in the midst of majority public hatred? #conspiracy

Actually...when Seagull was allowed back most of the forum was in favor or indifferent about it. There were only a few that didn't want him back.

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I think Andres said once that while they can't force him to take stuff down, he does it to maintain the relationship he has with Green Day. It's a mutual respect, and doing so probably gives this forum some wiggle room in terms of what it can and can't do in the name of the band.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense!

Speaking of drama, whither Ceadog?

25 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Thanks, that makes perfect sense!

Speaking of drama, whither Ceadog?

i was about to say wheres ceadog? :lol:

10 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

They can't make us take it down, but they can take us to court for copyright fringe ment if they really want. 

On April 18, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Ryan said:

You can believe whatever you want, but there is a reason that both of my posts with my insider information were removed...along with any posts that quoted or referenced the information I had brought here. His job at Jingletown was threatened because somebody involved with the band found out that the two of us were Facebook friends. So when he messaged me in a panic I asked Carling to have all the posts removed so that his job wouldn't be jeopardized.

wait..... you posted secret info your friend told you and as a result his job was put in jeopardy???? that's kind of shitty dude.

You pick your battles with information. If they want something taken down they know they can ask me and most of the time I'll respect that. In return, when I want something confirmed or want more information, i can email them and usually will get a response. Even if it's "we'll reach out to you in a bit with details". There's no point in us, as a website, getting on the bad side of the band or their management to make a point of sharing information they don't want out. They're not unreasonable.

11 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I know, right? Does Green Day's management have someone on their payroll whose job is to read this forum?? 

oh god I hope not. If they did, I'd like to send that person flowers. 

24 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

wait..... you posted secret info your friend told you and as a result his job was put in jeopardy???? that's kind of shitty dude.

He OK'd it. Told him I wouldn't use his name or give up what he did. But when it became a problem I made sure it all got removed. 

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived