Jump to content
ozoneplayer

Green Day in the studio 2016

Recommended Posts

The earliest I would expect the first single to come out is around August. But since there's no release date for the album it could be anytime between July and October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Insomniac186 This is great, thanks for sharing! Your story made me smile a lot :wub: 

But..... does "the fall" mean anytime from September to December? It's great that we have these news but I'm a bit disappointed that it'll "hopefully" be out in the fall, because I was expecting end of the summer/September and this means that if there's any delay it could be out even after December? Gosh I just hope for a September tour :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hermione said:

So awesome :dance: 

The album will be a birthday present for me

For me also. Haven't thought about it like that before but I'm totally fine with a show on my birthday. :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i smelling the possibility of another static noise podcast?;):eyebrows:lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Am i smelling the possibility of another static noise podcast?;):eyebrows:lol

@Fuzz 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, petros said:

So if gda posts these news green day management will go mad make them delete it and fire billie joe?

Let's just say that my insider source got a very firm talking too...which is why I haven't posted or received anymore updates and also why quite a few posts were removed from this thread. So Billie may not get fired...but he may get a talking to. Lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the fact that they actually have fuck all is pretty much confirmed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is trying to keep this so tight under wraps, and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Who is trying to keep this so tight under wraps, and why?

Their management. Probably to avoid some of the mistakes they did while promoting the trilogy. Or trying some new marketing stragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

I ran into Billie Joe today in Oakland and I asked if the band was making a new record. He said "yes" and it should "hopefully be out in the fall". Photo of me with Billie Joe taken today is Here.

 

For those that are curious, I had been at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and ran into him just walking down the sidewalk headed toward Broken Guitars. I was not expecting it. I've wanted to meet him for over 20 years and there he was. He was in a hurry to meet someone but let me talk to him for a moment and let me take a picture, which he had no obligation to do. He's a great guy.

Thanks for the update!!!! Also congrats on finally meeting Billie, nice picture :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Their management. Probably to avoid some of the mistakes they did while promoting the trilogy. Or trying some new marketing stragedy.

I guess the first part of the question was rhetorical – we had discussed how management asked GDA to remove the news post. But the question as to why? I don't want to say it's unprecedented, but it seems out of the ordinary he for them.

Also, I hope the bolded was intentional. Because that is a perfect word to describe that whole mess.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Let's just say that my insider source got a very firm talking too...which is why I haven't posted or received anymore updates and also why quite a few posts were removed from this thread. So Billie may not get fired...but he may get a talking to. Lol

Uh Oh, they might just call Mistress Simone...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd talk to him any day :toocool:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'd talk to him any day :toocool:

Just thought the same :D ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Freese wasn't fired, he was placed on "temporary administrative leave" :lol:

Wait, was he really?

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Let's just say that my insider source got a very firm talking too...which is why I haven't posted or received anymore updates and also why quite a few posts were removed from this thread. So Billie may not get fired...but he may get a talking to. Lol

I don't believe this for a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wait, was he really?

I don't believe this for a second.

No no, that was intended to be silly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't believe this for a second.

You can believe whatever you want, but there is a reason that both of my posts with my insider information were removed...along with any posts that quoted or referenced the information I had brought here. His job at Jingletown was threatened because somebody involved with the band found out that the two of us were Facebook friends. So when he messaged me in a panic I asked Carling to have all the posts removed so that his job wouldn't be jeopardized.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. That insider info was only posted here, wasn't it? It's not like it's posted on gda and magazines can see it and post it all over an people would take it and post it on Facebook... there's people who read the threads here as guests but I don't think they're that many? Although well, you can't really go telling insider info of an important band to anybody, you can be fired only for that in the first place, let alone if that info is posted in some place in the Internet. I really don't know if they're taking it very seriously or if it's just the usual procedure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Wow. That insider info was only posted here, wasn't it? It's not like it's posted on gda and magazines can see it and post it all over an people would take it and post it on Facebook... there's people who read the threads here as guests but I don't think they're that many? Although well, you can't really go telling insider info of an important band to anybody, you can be fired only for that in the first place, let alone if that info is posted in some place in the Internet. I really don't know if they're taking it very seriously or if it's just the usual procedure. 

There were very specific pieces of information that they were more concerned about than others...and it's understandable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes ... Kind of scary to think how closely this board is being watched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now is the time to post "COME TO *whatever country*", it's now or never! :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You can believe whatever you want, but there is a reason that both of my posts with my insider information were removed...along with any posts that quoted or referenced the information I had brought here. His job at Jingletown was threatened because somebody involved with the band found out that the two of us were Facebook friends. So when he messaged me in a panic I asked Carling to have all the posts removed so that his job wouldn't be jeopardized.

I just don't believe that info on Green Day is that under wraps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I just don't believe that info on Green Day is that under wraps.

If fans start causing problems, which is the impression that I got, then it becomes time to make sure it doesn't escalate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Now is the time to post "COME TO *whatever country*", it's now or never! :P

Kentucky

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×