Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

sai willkommen und hab spaß :) I have one friend who actually appreciates when I tell him news. He's a gift from heaven :D 

Thanks :) well there actually  are some friends to talk about it. But in this period it's really hard to not talk about it 24/7 because every single Instagram post freaks you out :D 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the more I think about it the more I don't know what to expect from this next album. a lot of the guitars and amps from the pics and videos seem to suggest a harder edged sound, but look at their social media, Billie looks peaceful and enlightened in those recent pics with fans, and he was being super silly in that studio video, he looks and sounds like he's into easygoing songs like that x-mas song the x-mas song they put out. he doesn't look like he's gearing up to make a big statement with their new music. and between the studio posts they're posting vacation type photos, so it seems like they're under no pressure to get this out by a certain time. I'm now suspecting a laid back green day album that they're going to take their time with.

2 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

the more I think about it the more I don't know what to expect from this next album. a lot of the guitars and amps from the pics and videos seem to suggest a harder edged sound, but look at their social media, Billie looks peaceful and enlightened in those recent pics with fans, and he was being super silly in that studio video, he looks and sounds like he's into easygoing songs like that x-mas song the x-mas song they put out. he doesn't look like he's gearing up to make a big statement with their new music. and between the studio posts they're posting vacation type photos, so it seems like they're under no pressure to get this out by a certain time. I'm now suspecting a laid back green day album that they're going to take their time with.

Or they announce the album with a super badass photo and the headline of the press release will be "we're back bitches, prepare for trouble" :lol:

don't take this too seriously.

5 hours ago, Alf said:

Don't think Led Zeppelin is a good example of a great band, a bunch of their songs are just rip-offs

Yeah, well done on completely missing the point of my post. :P

52 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Come to think about it, I'm ok with either. I'd be happy with a laid back album as well, as long as the music is good  (and there's no reason why it shouldn't be just because it would be light-hearted). They don't need to be negative and serious, that's what they did often in the past and even though I'd like to hear another political album, I'd enjoy hearing them having fun. 

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Don't think Led Zeppelin is a good example of a great band, a bunch of their songs are just rip-offs

Yeah, Green Day fans can't really complain about other bands stealing from using other bands' material can they, really? :P

referring to trump, but his opinion of a new Green Day album

Chris Chambers ‏@chriskchambers 50 minutes ago

The stage is set for another politically charged masterpiece from Green Day. #Trump2016

On 4/11/2016 at 9:07 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

it was the guy-liner. source: was a 14 year old girl during AI era, knew the age of the band members, still would have happily smashed Billie if given the chance. And all my little 14 year old bff's felt the same.

Obviously we don't anymore but hey, teenagers amirite.

On 4/11/2016 at 10:38 PM, DookieLukie said:

I still want to bang him.

Breaking News: Lukie and I agree on something again. :P (And by "breaking" I mean two days old, because I don't have Internet right now.)

15 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Come to think about it, I'm ok with either. I'd be happy with a laid back album as well, as long as the music is good  (and there's no reason why it shouldn't be just because it would be light-hearted). They don't need to be negative and serious, that's what they did often in the past and even though I'd like to hear another political album, I'd enjoy hearing them having fun. 

I want the bad ass press photo and Beautiful, heartfelt, super angsty, serious album like 21st Century Breakdown, kick ass music videos, gorgeous photoshoot pictures, massive world tour, social media saturation, and 8 Grammy nominations :)

That's all. 

3 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

I want the bad ass press photo and Beautiful, heartfelt, super angsty, serious album like 21st Century Breakdown, kick ass music videos, gorgeous photoshoot pictures, massive world tour, social media saturation, and 8 Grammy nominations :)

That's all. 

This.

How long will it take until they finally announce something????

2 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

This.

How long will it take until they finally announce something????

Watch, it'll be after Billie's Tribeca gig on April 23rd.  I'm guessing in May. 

1 minute ago, GenXIdiot said:

Yes, please! I at least want an announcement by May 13th, not just because it's my birthday :P but also because it would be weird if they announced it any later than mid-May

Yesterday, I was listening to a few tracks from 21CB and realized how cool that era was. The boys were all over everything with incredible music.

For this album, I would love the simplicity of the Trilogy songs (just UNO and TRÉ) but with the sound production (engineering, mixing, mastering, etc) of 21CB or AI. Imagine UNO tracks 1-5 sounding like "21st Century Breakdown," "Before the Lobotomy," or "East Jesus Nowhere." :cool:

34 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

They have been doing something on or around the first of every month it seems since the start of the new year. If I had to guess, we will get an announcement May 1st (-10th latest). We will see

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Yesterday, I was listening to a few tracks from 21CB and realized how cool that era was. The boys were all over everything with incredible music.

For this album, I would love the simplicity of the Trilogy songs (just UNO and TRÉ) but with the sound production (engineering, mixing, mastering, etc) of 21CB or AI. Imagine UNO tracks 1-5 sounding like "21st Century Breakdown," "Before the Lobotomy," or "East Jesus Nowhere." :cool:

I like this but I think I would prefer the sound production of AI over 21CB

4 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

They have been doing something on or around the first of every month it seems since the start of the new year. If I had to guess, we will get an announcement May 1st (-10th latest). We will see

I like this but I think I would prefer the sound production of AI over 21CB

We're comparing oranges to clementines here :)

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

We're comparing oranges to clementines here :)

Very true. However, I think 21CB is more "ballad-ish" and more dramatic than AI. AI is a little edgier in my opinion, which I enjoy.

Yes I like the ballad-y and emotional feel of 21 Century Breakdown, and the sound, and the piano! Yes, I want PIANO!!! I Love Green Day with piano...

1 minute ago, GenXIdiot said:

Yes I like the ballad-y and emotional feel of 21 Century Breakdown, and the sound, and the piano! Yes, I want PIANO!!! I Love Green Day with piano...

I want a couple songs like this, just not every single one! Piano would be awesome!

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I would be thrilled if Billie's vocals were like they were on 21CB.  

Me too, he sounded just fantastic on that record.

19 hours ago, Alan86 said:

The trilogy was their self titled album.

Green Day: Uno

Green Day: Dos 

Green Day: Tre

kinda like a shittier version of

Led Zeppelin: I

Led Zeppelin: II

Led Zeppelin: III

Led Zeppelin: IV

The rest of what you said sounds great though and I would be happy with that kind of album.

When I see a self titled album that isn't a band's debut I just think how boring, unimaginative and unoriginal (unless there's something more interesting added like with Led Zeppelin's whole series of albums there, or like with Uno Dos Tre). Even worse if accompanied by "this is the album that really represents us as a band" blah blah. So I hope Uno Dos Tre counts as that idea being done and we'll never see one :P 

i honestly don't even know (or care) what the new album is going to sound like, timehop just keeps reminding me this time last year i was about to head to cleveland to see them and it's making me sad and i need them to tour again asap :P 

20 hours ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

Thanks :) well there actually  are some friends to talk about it. But in this period it's really hard to not talk about it 24/7 because every single Instagram post freaks you out :D 

I have no idea how I managed to keep it all away from my family. I didn't even mention HOF last year. 

If they announced something on May 10 that would be the best birthday  present ever!

As there is a week left until Geezer, the chances that it will be done in May have significantly increased.
And thus, does anyone else agree a September release now seems more plausible?

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived