Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna Hear Billie joe cover more songs.. like maybe Apeman by the kinks 

11 hours ago, Akshat Jain said:

Dude!! you're really THE "Rutherford" of GDC :P. that's cool!!

I don't get it, but I'll take it.   The physics guy?  

9 hours ago, petros said:

Dude not trying to be offensive here but can you really be THAT impatient about a new green day album when you're 30?

Wow, this got a lot of responses already.   Green Day are my favorite artist of all time so yeah.   When I was about your age, I was enthusiastically telling my then-wife about some Green Day news and she rolled her eyes and wondered if I would still be like this when I reached my 40s.   We paused for a moment, then at the same time we both said "Yes!"    She liked Green Day but wasn't much of a fan so I divorced her.

I hope that no matter how old I am that I still get excitement out of the things I enjoy.     

1 hour ago, thatdude03 said:

I don't get it, but I'll take it.   The physics guy?  

not exactly physics, but a mixture of chemistry and physics

13 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Yes and I'm WAY over 30.

me too! My husband is way tired of me rattling on about when they will release some music and how many concerts I will be able to get to!

I joined gdc so that I could stop talking about them irl. Most people around me aren't fans so I didn't want to keep annoying them and know I'm such a trash. :lol:

54 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I joined gdc so that I could stop talking about them irl. Most people around me aren't fans so I didn't want to keep annoying them and know I'm such a trash. :lol:

It's fun to be GD and Billie Joe trash on here with you :D

3 hours ago, scwk0511 said:

me too! My husband is way tired of me rattling on about when they will release some music and how many concerts I will be able to get to!

Lol mine is too! 

If Green Day wants to start a world tour in September, they'll have to announce the dates approximately by the middle of May. 4 months ahead is usually the shortest they announce tours with big shows.

Disclaimer: my theory is based on how it is USUALLY done, of course they can go all crazy and do an arena tour where they announce each show just two weeks ahead and then the arenas will probably half empty but since this would be a rather stupid thing to do.... Look at my theory!

[\spoiler]

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

That's kind of the same way I got here :D but I just didn't stop annoying my friends with any news? Schöne Grüße ;):P 

19 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

If Green Day wants to start a world tour in September, they'll have to announce the dates approximately by the middle of May. 4 months ahead is usually the shortest they announce tours with big shows.

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: my theory is based on how it is USUALLY done, of course they can go all crazy and do an arena tour where they announce each show just two weeks ahead and then the arenas will probably half empty but since this would be a rather stupid thing to do.... Look at my theory!

[\spoiler]

On 2004, when from what I've read they were also more or less irrelevant, they announced at the end of August their US tour for the end of September. I know when they came back from Europe and toured the US again the turn up was much better, but that's meant to be because of the success of American Idiot. Also they played around the dates of that tour a few festivals and a show in Dublin and those were announced months before (April to June), so it's really hard to know..... I wish they would announce some dates soon so I could do something with my life, but with no album announcement it's not likely... Perhaps they announce album and tour at the same time?  I don't know if any big bands do that, though it doesn't look very smart to get people hyped once when you could do it twice. I know of bands that have announced a tour when the album was still in the works, but it wasn't a huge tour, similar to the pre album shows that Green Day have done. According to Jason what they'll start in September is a huge tour, so I'd say say not some isolated shows (I know this info was maybe not 100% accurate as it might change, but is what the band was planning only a few weeks ago so it's what I stand by).

What usually comes first, album or tour? And where would they go first if it's a world tour...US then international, or the other way around?   Or do they do US, international, US again?

1 hour ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

That's kind of the same way I got here :D but I just didn't stop annoying my friends with any news? Schöne Grüße ;):P 

sai willkommen und hab spaß :) I have one friend who actually appreciates when I tell him news. He's a gift from heaven :D 

3 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

What usually comes first, album or tour? And where would they go first if it's a world tour...US then international, or the other way around?   Or do they do US, international, US again?

Usually it's album announcement, then tour, album comes out and more touring.

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

She liked Green Day but wasn't much of a fan so I divorced her.

Damn, my girlfriend of 3 years doesn't even like Green Day but she tolerates my obsession. It doesn't really bother her at all.

edit: she doesn't like it when I play green day in the car though. which Im okay with because I just listen when Im driving alone.

except for the other day when I was sick she let me listen to green day while she was driving.

4 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

Damn, my girlfriend of 3 years doesn't even like Green Day but she tolerates my obsession. It doesn't really bother her at all.

10 Internet dollars says he wasn't 100% serious about that part.

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I can never tell just how serious that dude is. :P

4 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

No im serious. I mean she likes a couple songs. But she's not obsessive like I am.

on another note there's not many people I can share my obsession with besides my one other good friend. He doesn't like green day but he is obsessed with Kid Cudi (like to an extreme) so we both kind of understand eachothers obsessions. 

Edit: oh wow im stupid, you were talking about the other guy

20 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

edit: she doesn't like it when I play green day in the car though. which Im okay with because I just listen when Im driving alone.

except for the other day when I was sick she let me listen to green day while she was driving.

I did get divorced but it wasn't because of Green Day.  We did make the decision right after seeing American Idiot the musical together, but we had the best divorce ever.  No drama, no financial issues, no fighting.  There was ALMOST a custody battle over our Jack Russell/Chihuahua but she let me have full custody.   She even kept my last name, so we didn't even get to sit down before the judge yelled "granted!"  and that was it.  I went and had a nice lunch with her, her mom and sister and we saw each other at work the next day, no big deal.      

Back to the topic at hand though....I'd hate to get kicked off of GDA and not be able to post in the "ideal setlist" topic.....

I just have a feeling that this will be Green Day's first self titled album.   It will be reflective of their entire career, but have a harder edge than ever before and some tracks will possibly be recorded live in studio.   A ballad or two but mostly hard rocking Green Day blazing through 10-14 tracks.  Heavy influence by The Who / Cheap Trick / and other vintage sounds...   Very simple but Iconic album cover and the quality lyric sheets Green Day has always done.    Songwriting credits similar to the past, but with Mike, Tre or Jason getting just a tiny bit more.  One song by one of them for a change of pace. (Doesn't have to be on vocals, just a songwriting credit)     As far as producer, I'm not picky but if I was..............Rick Ruben, or the Deleo Brothers.    

Self Titled

Reflective of Green Day's entire lifespan

Harder Rock sound with some experimentation 

Classic rock influence

Simple but Iconic Artwork with lyric sheets

A song written / co-written by another member

Produced by Rick Ruben AND the Deleo Brothers with between 10-14 songs.   

That's what they should be in the studio recording in 2016.    

Waiting patiently for the new album .  Saving up  every penny for the tour.    My husband is like, when is this going to happen?? 

6 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

It's fun to be GD and Billie Joe trash on here with you :D

Lol mine is too! 

Mine is really jealous! He loves Green Day and was way more into the than me at one point. Then when I went all mental about Billie Joe...he got all jealous. Stupid men.

1 hour ago, thatdude03 said:

Self Titled

Reflective of Green Day's entire lifespan

Harder Rock sound with some experimentation 

Classic rock influence

Simple but Iconic Artwork with lyric sheets

A song written / co-written by another member

Produced by Rick Ruben AND the Deleo Brothers with between 10-14 songs.   

That's what they should be in the studio recording in 2016.    

This is actually genuinely exactly what I want from this new record. :D

2 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

I just have a feeling that this will be Green Day's first self titled album.        

The trilogy was their self titled album.

Green Day: Uno

Green Day: Dos 

Green Day: Tre

kinda like a shittier version of

Led Zeppelin: I

Led Zeppelin: II

Led Zeppelin: III

Led Zeppelin: IV

The rest of what you said sounds great though and I would be happy with that kind of album.

Don't think Led Zeppelin is a good example of a great band, a bunch of their songs are just rip-offs

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived