Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

39 minutes ago, petros said:

The worst part is i trusted them:cry:

Unbelievable they actually said this hahahah.

I remember being so hyped when they announced it. Hilarious that it was such a flop. Tre is pretty good, though.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Is it though? Aside of some ballads, the trilogy seemed to be pretty standard Green Day throwaway tracks to me. =/

Each album has a different sound and with songs like kill the DJ, drama queen and brutal love it sounds quite diverse.

On 6 April 2016 at 8:09 PM, Otávio Vidal said:

"We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we've ever written, and the songs just keep coming," said the members of Green Day. 

:shy:

I would agree that the Trilogy is not Green day's finest work however, I would still rather listen to any of the three albums than most of what's played on radio these days, a lot of which I think is awful.  I think that most bands, if they have any longevity, have highs and lows and I think if your highs include Dookie, Nimrod, Warning and American Idiot then we can cut them a little slack!

Yeah I've lost my trust to anything they or rob cavallo say. At least I hope this time they will leave the music speak for itself and let the "best music of our career" bullshit out. Thank god they seem to believe that too and don't overhype us at least during the recording process.

I would be very happy if Rob Carvallo wasn't the producer of the new album.  

1 hour ago, Sixtrix said:

Very off-topic, but it would be really awesome if they recorded a cover of Sound of Silence from Simon and Garfunkel.

Definitely one for Tre to take lead vocals on!   

They sound crappy but listen to live versions where the low end of Billie's  vocal tone is not stripped away with High Pass and he's not compressed to death, and the guitars are more crusty and AI-like, and there are some really great songs on Trilogy. Lazy Bones, X Kid, Fuck Time, Let yourself Go, are all really really good song, IMO, but yeah there's a lot of fluff too.

If you want to discuss your disapointment about the trilogy please use aother thread for that. I'm not trying to backseat mod here but it actually takes away some of my excitement for the NEW. This is what it is about. The upcoming album. Not the last ones.

Take it as a good sign that they are so quiet about the next record. No "that's the best we ever did" so far, therefore please don't worry about the album maybe being shitty. We'll judge if it's good or bad when it is released, or when there's the first single.

Let's bring back some positivity: I hope the cover art will be a real statement. Something with a twist. :)

10 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

If you want to discuss your disapointment about the trilogy please use aother thread for that. I'm not trying to backseat mod here but it actually takes away some of my excitement for the NEW. This is what it is about. The upcoming album. Not the last ones.

Take it as a good sign that they are so quiet about the next record. No "that's the best we ever did" so far, therefore please don't worry about the album maybe being shitty. We'll judge if it's good or bad when it is released, or when there's the first single.

Let's bring back some positivity: I hope the cover art will be a real statement. Something with a twist. :)

Absolutely, am very excited for new album.   Just meant that I can't begin to imagine what the process must feel like or how difficult it must be so I can believe the necessity for the artist to believe that what they are currently doing is their best work.   Ready for whatever is next!

Nice article I enjoy reading that. 

I hope green day could somehow change their sound a lot maybe try to add some electronic muse type of elements idk. I know the fans would be furious but who cares I don't think they can just go and make another pop punk album.

Edit: Unrelated  but look how excited everybody (me included) was :P http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/83063-the-trilogy-albums/?page=75

20 minutes ago, petros said:

I hope green day could somehow change their sound a lot maybe try to add some electronic muse type of elements idk. I know the fans would be furious but who cares I don't think they can just go and make another pop punk album.

That could be awesome and it's not like they're not familiar with synths since they did it before with The Network. If they did an album like a mix of Muse's last 3 albums, whilst adding their usual flavour, that could produce a great sound.

13 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

That could be awesome and it's not like they're not familiar with synths since they did it before with The Network. If they did an album like a mix of Muse's last 3 albums, whilst adding their usual flavour, that could produce a great sound.

Not a fan of fuse but I'd be fine with Album 12 being a spiritual sequel to Money Money 2020.   OMEGA #)))    , bring it on!  Well, maybe part of the album.  

I'd be happy with Album 12 not being compared to anything they, or other artists have done in the past.  

Guys the trilogy counts as one this is the tenth release please don't refer to it as Album 12 :P

5 hours ago, Sixtrix said:

Very off-topic, but it would be really awesome if they recorded a cover of Sound of Silence from Simon and Garfunkel.

Off-topic again, Disturbed did an awesome cover of that song.

I just want a Green Day and William Hung deut record 

33 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I would be very happy if Rob Carvallo wasn't the producer of the new album.  

Carvallo?

RobCarvallo.png

4 hours ago, ollhjr said:

This article is short but pretty good, I like the last line: "Billie Joe won’t need to destroy pop-punk, but he will need to make it sound meaningful. " That's the whole key, for me. As long as his lyrics are real, and meaningful to him and to Green Day, it's going to be very good. That includes a healthy dose of introspection and stripping away the over production, which is also mentioned in the article:

"Billie Joe could look inward, and find inspiration in his struggle for sobriety, which dogged him throughout the trilogy rollout and led to a stint in rehab. A grittier pop-punk sound that still maintains Green Day’s syrupy hooks would do them well."

I like the idea of a grittier sound. The crusty American Idiot guitar sound and natural vocals were the best!

One more pic from the studio. Is it the first time he's recording with SJC or did he use it on the trilogy? It should be interesting. 

13 minutes ago, petros said:

He used them for the triogy too

oh crap

13 hours ago, petros said:

Edit: Unrelated  but look how excited everybody (me included) was :P http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/83063-the-trilogy-albums/?page=75

Nice article.

I really hope the band realizes that the mainstream really has moved on from Pop-Punk. They shouldn't be going for some huge comeback sound that ends up with weak and shallow material.

1 hour ago, Sixtrix said:

oh crap

I don't think anyone would argue that the Trilogy sucked because of Tre's drumming though, so there's that :P

I'm pretty sure Tre used Gretsch drums for the trilogy actually

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived