Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

We're coming up on the 4 year anniversary (April 11) of when the Trilogy was announced http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/3172/

"We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we've ever written, and the songs just keep coming," said the members of Green Day. 

:shy:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

"We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we've ever written, and the songs just keep coming," said the members of Green Day. 

:shy:

That's what they all say. :P

On 4/4/2016 at 7:25 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

only since 1997? HAHA YOU NOOB.

spamming to up your post count is a violation of the community rules, fyi. 

It isn't spamming, it's making a point when I didn't need to. As I am now, sort of.

Just now, Not A Salad said:

It isn't spamming, it's making a point when I didn't need to. As I am now, sort of.

this is truly appalling behavior :(

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

this is truly appalling behavior :(

Just don't call me spamming, okay? This isn't spamming. THIS IS SPAMMING

☻/ This is Bob . Copy and paste him

/▌ all over GDC

/ \ so he can take over and support Trump

Let's move on:

I wonder what those files/video snippets/tracks on the computer screen were. (Billie's Instagram video)

On 4/5/2016 at 0:49 AM, Jon Benjamin said:

{option}sweetchildren_2ndpressing_back.jpg[/IMG] this version did on the back

I wasn't aware of this version.

1 hour ago, Mary Daze said:

Let's move on:

I wonder what those files/video snippets/tracks on the computer screen were. (Billie's Instagram video)

It was a ProTools session where the tracks were being recorded into and arranged.

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

It was a ProTools session where the tracks were being recorded into and arranged.

Can you imagine having access to that hard drive?

10 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

When was there going to be an album called Coffee and Repent? 

It was a rumored title before 21st Century Breakdown came out.   

What if we got a new album every year, each one in the style of the Trilogy?!   Trece would have Rob Cavallo on it's cover, marking the first album featuring the face of a producer instead of a musician.     Then back to musicians with Tom Kitt on the cover of Catorce!   Quince will have Patrick Warren (I haven't ran out of Green Day-related names YET, though I'm stretching it)  

dieciséis is a really cool sounding title.   It will have Jerry Finn.

de diecisiete will have Neill King.

I can do about 104 more but that would be a bit much and I believe it highly unlikely that Green Day could churn out that many albums.   I think will De Diecisiete albums will hold us over for quite some time.     Album 17 by Green Day!   That's exciting to think about.....let's say Album 12 comes out this year.   About 3 years between releases....so Album 13 - 2019.    14 - 2022.    15 - 2025.  16 - 2028.   ALBUM 17 - 2031.    At this point Billie Joe and the gang will be about 60 years old.   Hmmmm.   Interesting to think about.  

So we know Green Day are in the studio, but we don't how many albums they are recording......to stay on topic, what could late albums sound like?   What will an Album 17 Green Day sound like....and will GDA still be here to talk about it?????????? 

Ha.     

19 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

What if we got a new album every year, each one in the style of the Trilogy?!   Trece would have Rob Cavallo on it's cover, marking the first album featuring the face of a producer instead of a musician.     Then back to musicians with Tom Kitt on the cover of Catorce!   Quince will have Patrick Warren (I haven't ran out of Green Day-related names YET, though I'm stretching it)  

I can do about 104 more but that would be a bit much and I believe it highly unlikely that Green Day could churn out that many albums.   I think will De Diecisiete albums will hold us over for quite some time.     Album 17 by Green Day!   That's exciting to think about.....let's say Album 12 comes out this year.   About 3 years between releases....so Album 13 - 2019.    14 - 2022.    15 - 2025.  16 - 2028.   ALBUM 17 - 2031.    At this point Billie Joe and the gang will be about 60 years old.   Hmmmm.   Interesting to think about.  

So we know Green Day are in the studio, but we don't how many albums they are recording......to stay on topic, what could late albums sound like?   What will an Album 17 Green Day sound like....and will GDA still be here to talk about it?????????? 

Ha.     

You may be going insane. Or just overly hyped.

15 hours ago, Mary Daze said:

Can't Andres just call Billie and tell him to finally spill the news? :ninja::lol: Or the management.... Post that press release, god damnit! :P They probably even have it finished already.

I can email them and say "do something", and they'll ignore me entirely like they should.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I can email them and say "do something", and they'll ignore me entirely like they should.

Well.. ignoring is kind of along the lines of "doing something" though

4 hours ago, Sixtrix said:

Well.. ignoring is kind of along the lines of "doing something" though

Ignoring means they're too busy working on:

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

Ha.     

19 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

LOL

Very off-topic, but it would be really awesome if they recorded a cover of Sound of Silence from Simon and Garfunkel.

3 minutes ago, petros said:

The worst part is i trusted them:cry:

I still don't see the trilogy as bad albums. I just don't like the way the recordings sound on every song. But musically it is quite diverse.

11 minutes ago, petros said:

The worst part is i trusted them:cry:

I think we all did. :( Billie Joe in my eyes has reached near Kanye-level trustworthiness, in that when he says anything, like that time he tweeted that their next album would come out on cassette only, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I just don't like the way the recordings sound on every song.

Agreed. I remember how excited everyone was, myself included, when they announced they were working with Rob Cavallo, and then the songs came out and they were some of the worst sounding music I had heard in a long time.

6 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

But musically it is quite diverse.

Is it though? Aside of some ballads, the trilogy seemed to be pretty standard Green Day throwaway tracks to me. =/

They really sincerely believed that they made some of the best music in their career. I still believe that. 

It would be foolish to believe that Billie's tweet about the next album being cassette-only was sincere.

Actually, that statement is not incorrect.  He said that they were prolific, and they were.  They recorded 3 albums at once.  That is pretty prolific.  He said the songs kept coming, and they did.  That is how they got 3 albums worth.  Whether you thought they were creative or good is pretty subjective.  So all in all the statement: "We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we've ever written, and the songs just keep coming," said the members of Green Day, is pretty accurate.  Or at the very least, the prolific part cannot be argued

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived