Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

They're obviously just gonna release a 3 song EP and then take another 4-5 year break. :P

In all seriousness, im hyped and hope its good. I know Billie's mindset is probably "The fans waited so long, doing just a 12 song album wouldnt make the wait worth it so we gotta do somethig bigger" which is why 21CB is so long and we got 3 albums in 1 year, but i wouldnt mind just a 13-15 song album.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie posted a pic back at the end of 2014 that said something along the lines of "I'm in a hardware store and I've got this on my mind - Green Day 2015" Its possible he was alluding to the hall of fame, but maybe he was referring to a new album release. Maybe it was their intention to release something then but for whatever reason they didn't get to. Perhaps the label asked them to hold off until 2016. In any case, hopefully we hear something soon.

Picture of Billie Joe from 2016 or 1988?  Due to Billie Joe's lack of apparent aging (and the on-again, off-again popularity of flannel) - the world will never know.  

Billie is soooo fat and old becomes Billie never ages becomes Billie finally is showing his age and looks fat becomes Billie never ages...

People he is 43 nearly 44. He dyes his hair, he looks "young". He doesn't he has grey in it and appears "old". He is a normal human so he occasionally gains a few pounds then loses some weight to some people this makes him old or young. Reality check however...he is 43. How old do you think he should look?! There must be a legion of ancient 43 year olds out there for people to form the opinion that he is uncharacteristically young looking. Just saying. The discussion wrecks my head. Particularly because people change their views from photo to photo.

Oh and Billie edited his caption to include "OTIS Oakland" :D 

Guess I was right ;)

4 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

Billie is soooo fat and old becomes Billie never ages becomes Billie finally is showing his age and looks fat becomes Billie never ages...

People he is 43 nearly 44. He dyes his hair, he looks "young". He doesn't he has grey in it and appears "old". He is a normal human so he occasionally gains a few pounds then loses some weight to some people this makes him old or young. Reality check however...he is 43. How old do you think he should look?! There must be a legion of ancient 43 year olds out there for people to form the opinion that he is uncharacteristically young looking. Just saying. The discussion wrecks my head. Particularly because people change their views from photo to photo.

Heeey :D Don't I always say he looks beautiful no matter the age, weight, grey hair  (have I mentioned it looks very nice in this photo?). I think it's just that people can't help sharing their observations but it's not a real issue to anybody, or is it? Maybe for people in Instagram comments but those are clearly inferior species.

Billie looks his age, and he looks great.  There is nothing wrong with some grey hair and wrinkles.  I think he was gorgeous at 18 and is still gorgeous at 43.

13 minutes ago, Alf said:

Does anyone know where is this Otis Oakland studio?

Oakland, I guess? The weird part is that Google finds only this thread and Jingletown when I'm trying to find more about it. Could it be that it's not open yet? 

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oakland, I guess? The weird part is that Google finds only this thread and Jingletown when I'm trying to find more about it. Could it be that it's not open yet? 

Good guess!  It could be that it is private so no website.  Or he has a studio at Jingletown that is his private studio and named it Otis.     

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

this I know, I was asking where in Oakland

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

this I know, I was asking where in Oakland

My guess would be in a building.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

My guess would be in a building.

With doors and windows and probably a recording system....

8 minutes ago, Alf said:

With doors and windows and probably a recording system....

Exactly, you get the point.

Sum 41, Blink 182, Linkin Park, Billy Talent, Biffy Clyro and Green Day (more or less) working on new music. What a time to be alive.

But I'd guess he's only recording demos or something, as the room does not appear to be some kind of  'official voice recording booth'

9 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I kinda get the feeling that, maybe with this new album, we're just going to get an announcement one day that a record will be out on date whatever and whatever the first single is will be available at midnight of whenever an announcement comes down.

I just don't think we're going to get as much studio stuff as we have in the past and feel like one day it's just all going to come out.

Billie captioned the photo with January 2016 when he could have written something else or nothing at all. 
Watch us receive a single next week or on January 31st, right before midnight (which would be great because I'm seeing Muse that same day).

9 hours ago, Clockwise said:

also, Matt Skiba is the man. But so is Tom Delonge.

I'm excited to hear more of Matt Skiba with Travis and Mark.
Hopefully we'll receive something soon, if they are planning/want to do some shows in the summer.

The less I know the better! I heard way too many previews for the trilogy and it definitely ruined a majority of the anticipation. I would like a new song to randomly pop up then a video for that track and finally a new 15 song album all within some kind of proper time frame haha

31 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

OTIS is an abbreviation. That's why it's capitalized.  :whistle

Some secret service agency, working for Green Day??

10 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Are we spied on?

Maybe.  'cause we are GDC, and we can do anything!! :D

3 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Watch us receive a single next week or on January 31st, right before midnight (which would be great because I'm seeing Muse that same day).

Muse! Watch out for the drones at their show!

2 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

The less I know the better! I heard way too many previews for the trilogy and it definitely ruined a majority of the anticipation. I would like a new song to randomly pop up then a video for that track and finally a new 15 song album all within some kind of proper time frame haha

I definitely feel the same way. Remember all the weird YouTube videos they did leading up to it, too?

I remember thinking the amount of publicity they did for 21CBD was perfect. Not over the top, not so non-existent that there was no build-up.

Just saw on Facebook Tre uploaded a picture of his drum set with the caption "I love playing drums" Billie's studio selfie, Mike's picture of him on stage and Tre's picture just now.......NEW ALBUM CONFIRMED.

• Fuzz locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived