Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Matt. said:

At this point, considering how they're viewed in the media/general public, I'd just be happy with a good single to put them back on the map.  Choice of singles was suspect late in 21CB era and in the trilogy era.

"Oh Love" aside, what/when was their last successful single? "21 Guns" in the summer of 2009?

Their poor choice of singles is famous. Redundant, Waiting or what was the first Warning single, KYE, Oh Love. LOTAG instead of East Jesus Nowhere.  I doubt this band is able to pick singles. They should hire me to do it for them.

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Their poor choice of singles is famous. Redundant, Waiting or what was the first Warning single, KYE, Oh Love. LOTAG instead of East Jesus Nowhere.  I doubt this band is able to pick singles. They should hire me to do it for them.

The band usually does not pick the singles.  The record companies have people that their job is to pick singles.  They are supposed to have enough knowledge to determine what will be a hit in the target market.  I would imagine that a band like Green Day has some say in the lead single but in the end it is the record companies decision.

FYI, the lead single for Warning was Minority and the second single was Warning.  So, in my opinion, they picked correctly.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Honestly if they actually paid attention to fans saying what they'd like or what past albums they'd like the next album to sound like it would suck :P, a band can't make good music by trying to cater to fans or by guessing what'll be liked by critics/popular. Whatever they do it can always go either way in terms of being successful so all they really can do is make the music they want to make, that's the only way it'll have a chance of being great.

I completely agree. That said, the fan base is almost entirely united in its general dislike for the Trilogy. Fans who wholeheartedly love the Trilogy and want to see more music like that are few and far between.

They could record an album with any damn genre they please and I'll be happy, just don't fucking produce it like the trilogy 

How do we even know this is in the studio? it doenst look sound proofed at all. 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Honestly if they actually paid attention to fans saying what they'd like or what past albums they'd like the next album to sound like it would suck :P, a band can't make good music by trying to cater to fans or by guessing what'll be liked by critics/popular. Whatever they do it can always go either way in terms of being successful so all they really can do is make the music they want to make, that's the only way it'll have a chance of being great.

This and I also think that if Billie heard people saying they wanted one thing, he'd be more likely to get annoyed and do something else :P

8 minutes ago, Thisnamehasnoreason said:

How do we even know this is in the studio? it doenst look sound proofed at all. 

Shhhhhh.... just let it happen

3 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

Shhhhhh.... just let it happen

Guess you are in a hurry of getting as much likes as possible for your comments and so I'm watching you in the "mosh pit" all time :P

Just now, Siddharth_471 said:

Guess you are in a hurry of getting as much likes as possible for your comments and so I'm watching you in the "mosh pit" all time :P

I'm sorry, I don't understand any part of this post :(

7 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand any part of this post :(

Talking about these:

13 hours ago, Liam said:

Nice to see you're back <3

12 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

? How you only have 10 post and a new member?

5 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

the last I heard of Sum is that everything was awful. I'm looking forward to the comeback, and to hearing how Blink is sounding with the swapped member! 

Brown Sound is back, Deryck is sober, the album is almost done and they are independent now. The few snipnets we've heard so far are really good. So high hopes for that. Higher than green day's album really.

1 minute ago, petros said:

Brown Sound is back, Deryck is sober, the album is almost done and they are independent now. The few snipnets we've heard so far are really good. So high hopes for that. Higher than green day's album really.

how's the new lostprophets album coming along?

4 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

Paul should know ;)

I really hope that's mean something. But I will wait official news to freaking out xD Still, I'm not losing my hopes. 

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

The band usually does not pick the singles.  The record companies have people that their job is to pick singles.  They are supposed to have enough knowledge to determine what will be a hit in the target market.  I would imagine that a band like Green Day has some say in the lead single but in the end it is the record companies decision.

FYI, the lead single for Warning was Minority and the second single was Warning.  So, in my opinion, they picked correctly.

I assume that decision is based on what music market they're trying to penetrate. Such as: Top 40, Mainstream Rock, Hard Rock, Easy Listening, etc.

It seems that with 21CB and the Trilogy, it was leaning more towards Top 40, which would explain "LOTAG," "Oh Love," "Stray Heart," etc.

anyone got Time machine or similar stuff? i just hope they don't release during finals. Fuck school!!! :/

19 hours ago, petros said:

So right now Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182 are recording new albums! I like how 2016 is going so far

Since when are blink recording new album? Never mind they are shit without Tom anyway

24 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I assume that decision is based on what music market they're trying to penetrate. Such as: Top 40, Mainstream Rock, Hard Rock, Easy Listening, etc.

It seems that with 21CB and the Trilogy, it was leaning more towards Top 40, which would explain "LOTAG," "Oh Love," "Stray Heart," etc.

That is correct.  Also, 21 Guns, is definitely a top 40 pick. 

27 minutes ago, desertrose said:

local radio station picked up on this

Is a New Green Day Album Coming in 2016?

http://live105.cbslocal.com/2016/01/19/is-a-new-green-day-album-coming-in-2016/

There are several national stories now, too.

https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=dd_5KJDMtX5BR5Ml-RdCesonqC_5M&q=green+day&lr=English&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8sLjoxLbKAhXBOD4KHfdnAqgQqgIIHjAA

15 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Since when are blink recording new album? Never mind they are shit without Tom anyway

Mark has been posting a lot about it recently. It's true.

1 hour ago, Moriarty said:

Really good. Can't wait for you guys to hear. Now that the truth is out there i can finally express myself the way i always wanted.

45 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Yeah because for the last ten years Tom was the good part about blink.

• Fuzz locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived