Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

And you know this based off what? 

based on the days they usually post trip photos on instagram.

it's just a guess, obviously

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, now tour.

6 hours ago, DoodleBob said:

What's up with that hair tho. It reminds me of his mugshot :lol:

Looks like a bad case of combing backwards after washing it. I like it though :D

Maybe he's trying to counter the Trump Nazi kids and do a spot for Bernie Sanders.

He does look freakin' hot in that picture.  

:banana: What a nice photo to see this morning! Looks promising!

56 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

ok, now tour.

Looks like a bad case of combing backwards after washing it. I like it though :D

Emergency measures to tackle nightmare hair without a stylist to hand. His choices are slicked back or hat.

Although the thought of having to miss new tour dates (if indeed an album is coming soon) makes me sad, and the fear of a Trilogy 2.0 makes me a bit apprehensive, I'm still really excited for the possibility of new music. Despite the great big flop that was the Trilogy, Green Day have proved over and over that they can successfully reinvent themselves/their music so I'm hoping that's exactly what happens for them this year.

Call me boring but I hope it's just a straight up 13-14 song album ahaha, 2 rock operas and a trilogy was a fair bit to handle hahaha, they need to take it easy now!

13 hours ago, petros said:

So right now Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182 are recording new albums! I like how 2016 is going so far

the last I heard of Sum is that everything was awful. I'm looking forward to the comeback, and to hearing how Blink is sounding with the swapped member! 

I'll take a throwback to Insomniac any day ;) That said Billie if you are reading this...anything...and i do mean ANYTHING but the trilogy 2.0! 

29 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

Although the thought of having to miss new tour dates (if indeed an album is coming soon) makes me sad, and the fear of a Trilogy 2.0 makes me a bit apprehensive, I'm still really excited for the possibility of new music. Despite the great big flop that was the Trilogy, Green Day have proved over and over that they can successfully reinvent themselves/their music so I'm hoping that's exactly what happens for them this year.

I feel the same. Can't say a new album is good news until I hear it. Fingers crossed they do well. 

I find it kind of hard to believe this is a sign of a new record. Recording vocals usually means youre at the end of the process and bands dont just release an album like that. They usually start talking about the process long before theyre close to done. Often a year before. Hope Im wrong but this alone doesnt get me excited.

4 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I find it kind of hard to believe this is a sign of a new record. Recording vocals usually means youre at the end of the process and bands dont just release an album like that. They usually start talking about the process long before theyre close to done. Often a year before. Hope Im wrong but this alone doesnt get me excited.

billie once said he doesnt want to get a new album rushed or that it gets too much publicity .. he wants to keep it calm .. i mean, the trilogy had its own angry birds game?!

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I'm not saying a new album is granted but Billie claimed he wants to keep the recording secret and announce the album when it's done like he did with Foreverly. It would be a pretty good marketing strategy as well so I wouldn't say it's hopeless. 

Im not saying its impossible just saying I dont find it likely. From a publicity point of view its usually a bad move. Bands and labels wants to build up a hype over a long period. Hope Im wrong though and I hope they keep it simple back to the roots. Nothing over ambitious.

3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Im not saying its impossible just saying I dont find it likely. From a publicity point of view its usually a bad move. Bands and labels wants to build up a hype over a long period. Hope Im wrong though and I hope they keep it simple back to the roots. Nothing over ambitious.

All joking aside, the Trilogy was not a success.  Billie's rehab magnified the failure of the trilogy and made it seem much worse than it should have been.  The band is not going to want a build up for the next album.  IF they do alot of promotion beforehand, the expectations are going to be really high.   They are really high as it is.  If they keep it quiet, they have more time to really digest it, and review and then release it.  It will be a surprise and people will most likely have more open minds to it.  It is sort of damage control 

3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It might be a good publicity move for them now actually. They tried creating a huge hype for Trilogy but it had a very little impact outside the fanbase. When they drop a preferably good new album out of nowhere now media will jump at it. They need a big WE'RE BACK statement. 

12 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It might be a good publicity move for them now actually. They tried creating a huge hype for Trilogy but it had a very little impact outside the fanbase. When they drop a preferably good new album out of nowhere now media will jump at it. They need a big WE'RE BACK statement. 

At this point, considering how they're viewed in the media/general public, I'd just be happy with a good single to put them back on the map.  Choice of singles was suspect late in 21CB era and in the trilogy era.

"Oh Love" aside, what/when was their last successful single? "21 Guns" in the summer of 2009?

Honestly if they actually paid attention to fans saying what they'd like or what past albums they'd like the next album to sound like it would suck :P, a band can't make good music by trying to cater to fans or by guessing what'll be liked by critics/popular. Whatever they do it can always go either way in terms of being successful so all they really can do is make the music they want to make, that's the only way it'll have a chance of being great.

• Fuzz locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived