Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WalkingContradictionPL said:

Me too. I'm worried that one of my exams will collide with the concert or there will be so much to do in my work and I will be unable to take a day off.

I hope that this time there also will be a pre-order special editin of the album. This time I'll be able to buy it.

several hours? I've always been there right when they opened the doors or maybe 1 hour before... and I ALWAYS was in the frontrow. why go there several hours early?

sometimes i got in the side doors before the doors opened (only for europe shows) and always wondered why people got there that early. they most likely faint within the first 30 minutes from dehydration and exhaustion.

3 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

You deserved this.

This is meow-some, thank you! Also by the way, I wrote my "theory" while being on the hype of the original post and didn't read the other 6 posts of the mighty 12-year user and didn't know that it's (probably) a false alarm... :(  That user should be renamed to The Troublemaker.

12 minutes ago, veidar45 said:

Thank you :)

My pleasure xD

1 minute ago, veidar45 said:

This is meow-some, thank you! Also by the way, I wrote my "theory" while being on the hype of the original post and didn't read the other 6 posts of the mighty 12-year user and didn't know that it's (probably) a false alarm... :(  That user should be renamed to The Troublemaker.

hmm or what about "Nimrod" XD

"... and soon Nimrod became the mighty king of Babylon, and his empire extended over other great cities."

just sayin ^^

3 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

My pleasure xD

hmm or what about "Nimrod" XD

"... and soon Nimrod became the mighty king of Babylon, and his empire extended over other great cities."

just sayin ^^

I like that it has a nice ring to it

1 day..

1 day till i get my apple turnover from the bakery

13 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

several hours? I've always been there right when they opened the doors or maybe 1 hour before... and I ALWAYS was in the frontrow. why go there several hours early?

sometimes i got in the side doors before the doors opened (only for europe shows) and always wondered why people got there that early. they most likely faint within the first 30 minutes from dehydration and exhaustion.

I was waiting for about 10 hours in Lodz and I didn't faint. I was waiting there as I was worried that I won't be in the front row. I think it depends on how many people are waiting before the concert. But this is also exciting to wait there hoping that you'll hear the soundcheck or see the band before the gig.

1 minute ago, WalkingContradictionPL said:

I was waiting for about 10 hours in Lodz and I didn't faint. I was waiting there as I was worried that I won't be in the front row. I think it depends on how many people are waiting before the concert. But this is also exciting to wait there hoping that you'll hear the soundcheck or see the band before the gig.

wow... well the only thing that bugged me was a approximately 12 year old who bit me because she wanted to get in the front row. i dont mind anyone waiting for hours, i wouldnt do it tho.

34 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Zero

I don't know whether to believe this or not haha 

Just now, Supercali_swagilistic said:

wow... well the only thing that bugged me was a approximately 12 year old who bit me because she wanted to get in the front row. i dont mind anyone waiting for hours, i wouldnt do it tho.

Me neither, I either don't want to miss school when it's in my hometown or I want to explore the place I traveled to. 

Lol at the crazy kid 

32 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

I was like 5 hours early, was one of the first in line and only managed to stand in the pit area (like idk 10th row) because I ran across the whole stadium, with security yelling "stop running or we'll trip ya" after me. There were like 5 turnstiles around the stadium and obviously i had to go through the one at the opposite side of the fucking stage:D I don't know what kind of luck you have but I want it.

7 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

Kids' parents are the worst. They come to you and tell you that you have to let their kid through because he or she is their kid.

7 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Me neither, I either don't want to miss school when it's in my hometown or I want to explore the place I traveled to. 

I see yor point and if it was impossible to wait few hours for a gig (exams, work) I would come to the gig about hour before the door would be opened.

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I could afford being able to wait 5 hours because I travelled to London for this and had 3 other days to explore the city :) although I skipped school for 30 Seconds to Mars once to stand in line and had an exam the day after. but no regrets. 

35 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

Well, It must have been very small gigs, I've been to several arena concerts and I've waited in line, easily, 8 hours prior the doors opening in order to be in the front row.

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I was like 5 hours early, was one of the first in line and only managed to stand in the pit area (like idk 10th row) because I ran across the whole stadium, with security yelling "stop running or we'll trip ya" after me. There were like 5 turnstiles around the stadium and obviously i had to go through the one at the opposite side of the fucking stage:D I don't know what kind of luck you have but I want it.

Seriously, I don't know what the difference was... I even was late for the Dortmund Show in 2009 because I had to work til 3pm and then had to go all the way from nothern Germany to Dortmund which is like 4 hours... The doors were already opened and we were far behind in line but everyone went to get beers, to the toilet and stuff so I got to be in the front row.

30637_398088056650_5408526_n.jpg?oh=c53c

not a pretty pic (I'm the one with black hair next to the blond guy) but yea... It's 7 years ago ^^

as you can see... barely any kids... just us "elderly" ;)

30637_398088091650_7598255_n.jpg?oh=3db1

and the rest of the arena ^^

3 minutes ago, StefanoBras said:

Well, It must have been very small gigs, I've been to several arena concerts and I've waited in line, easily, 8 hours prior the doors opening in order to be in the front row.

nope, never small. only the fbht ones were smaller

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

I could afford being able to wait 5 hours because I travelled to London for this and had 3 other days to explore the city :) although I skipped school for 30 Seconds to Mars once to stand in line and had an exam the day after. but no regrets. 

Skived an exam because of Biffy. It was worth it. 

As I've never been to a show this big, do I have to wait for hour to get a good place or not? 

The couple concerts I've been that I waited in line for 8 hours, luckily, have been bands with a lot of fangirls (All Time Low, You Me At Six, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens) so after a couple gigs I realised it doesn't really matter if you go early or late, because you can always path your way into the front row when everyone is jumping and/or in the mosh pit, and no one will complain because they're little girls and they will just give you a bad glance HAHAHA.

I feel bad for doing so but fuck it, the place is gigantic anyways.

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Skived an exam because of Biffy. It was worth it. 

As I've never been to a show this big, do I have to wait for hour to get a good place or not? 

seems to depend on where you live xD We were only early in 2005 for the american idiot tour because they were really hyped then. we were there 2 hours before the doors opened

Maybe things work differently in Europe but every show I've been to in the U.S., it's wait for hours in line or don't get the front row, period. People park their asses on the barrier and do not move. This obviously isn't true for small bands, but for stuff like Green Day it's show up or miss out. 

That said, having experienced all there is for a GD fan to experience in terms of shows, I kind of prefer being in the middle/back of the pit. 

23 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

seems to depend on where you live xD We were only early in 2005 for the american idiot tour because they were really hyped then. we were there 2 hours before the doors opened

>really hyped then

> 2 hours before

you're not hyped unless you drink yourself to sleep outside the arena the night before so the time feels like it passes by faster 

well the majority of the audience was barely 18 and all boys were dressed in black pants and button ups with red ties and black dyed hair while the girls were wearing dookie tour shirts , even tho they werent even born when dookie came out. i guess that counts as hyped.

21st century breakdown was different, still young people but it didnt feel like a backstreet boys reunion anymore. 

i was only 7 when i was taken to my first green day show, so dont get me wrong i dont mind the young fans. its actually pretty cool that they listen to good music. its just the image stuck in my head xD

11 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

>really hyped then

> 2 hours before

you're not hyped unless you drink yourself to sleep outside the arena the night before so the time feels like it passes by faster 

you're not hyped until you've had to stand up for 22 hours straight because security won't let you lie down. Then see the show. Then sleep for a few hours. Then drive 5 hours to the next venue to rinse and repeat.

MY CONCERT PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS HAHAHAHA

which leads me to: im pretty fuckin excited about the next album and tour. :D 

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

you're not hyped until you've had to stand up for 22 hours straight because security won't let you lie down. Then see the show. Then sleep for a few hours. Then drive 5 hours to the next venue to rinse and repeat.

MY CONCERT PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS HAHAHAHA

Oh i can top that actually (damnit) I went to a festival where green day played as the headliner.. before green day there were several other bands so you had to stand in the front row already when the first band played at 11am. green day was on at 9pm. i had to pee from noon-after green day + the time it took to find a toilet. they gave water to us, because it was very hot. it didnt change my situation ;) so i didnt wait for hours (well i camped at the festival for 3 days before green day played - but i guess that doesnt count) xD BUT i really, really needed to pee :P

4 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

Oh i can top that actually (damnit) I went to a festival where green day played as the headliner.. before green day there were several other bands so you had to stand in the front row already when the first band played at 11am. green day was on at 9pm. i had to pee from noon-after green day + the time it took to find a toilet. they gave water to us, because it was very hot. it didnt change my situation ;) so i didnt wait for hours (well i camped at the festival for 3 days before green day played - but i guess that doesnt count) xD BUT i really, really needed to pee :P

damn, really? I always find that when I'm hot and sweaty and on my feet that I don't end up having to pee because I sweat it all out :lol:

12 minutes ago, Supercali_swagilistic said:

Diaper. Problem solved.

I kinda feel like we're getting incredibly off-topic.

• Fuzz locked this topic

Archived