Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

When you read how people are excited about tour dates and you're like: "Meh they ain't coming here anyway, better skip the tour and just release a new album"

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

How exactly do we know that?

It was a bold and maybe slightly over-exaggerated statement by @thatdude03, but I do think it would have been pretty successful, despite the misses on single choices.

I will stop there on the trilogy talk, since we have a thread for it.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter. said:

He was joking. I think?

1 minute ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

He was joking. I think?

Actually I don't think he was, and I agree with him 

2 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

When you read how people are excited about tour dates and you're like: "Meh they ain't coming here anyway, better skip the tour and just release a new album"

You can always travel to see them. :) I doubt they'll play here again, but I'm not going to miss seeing them when I get the chance. 

8 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

You can always travel to see them. :) I doubt they'll play here again, but I'm not going to miss seeing them when I get the chance. 

Would you like to travel around to see them as well?

1 minute ago, Mary711 said:

Would you like to travel around to see them as well?

Definitely. When they're on tour I'd like to see them as many times as I can. You would travel around too? :D

35 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Definitely. When they're on tour I'd like to see them as many times as I can. You would travel around too? :D

Same right here. :D Can't wait to explore some new places and see them!

6 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

42 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

I'm in for anywhere in the world as shown by NiFi xD But why wouldn't they go back to Norway?

Yeah, I'm hoping to go to a good number of shows next tour. Might be my last chance to follow them like that.

And I know there's a separate thread, but I've long been of the opinion that the trilogy would have done much better sales wise and critically if it were not for rehab. I still think in years to come there will be a big re-evaluation/change of heart about it within the fandom.

41 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

This. :D

31 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

I'm in for anywhere in the world as shown by NiFi xD But why wouldn't they go back to Norway?

They could. They have played here on every tour since AI. But I just don't want to get disappointed, so I have no hopes for a gig here. 

3 hours ago, sara_gd said:

NiFi :lol:

I will go absolutely anywhere in the world and I am going to go to as many shows as possible. Tour dates would be quite nice right about now.

1 hour ago, sara_gd said:

I'm hoping for another date in Norway, too. I was planning to go during the last tour but then had to cancel my plans.

18 minutes ago, Dirty Rotten Bastard said:

NiFi :lol:

Iwill go absolutely anywhere in the world and I am going to go to as many shows as possible. Tour dates would be quite nice right about now.

This so much. I would like to plan the rest of my year regarding holidays.

42 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

This. :D

They could. They have played here on every tour since AI. But I just don't want to get disappointed, so I have no hopes for a gig here. 

Ah then I'll think they'll play! If they played in 2013 when they weren't playing many places really, and it was a proper concert, while at that tour they were doing festivals a lot, I think they'll go back. People seem to like them there, the stadium was nearly full that time and they got payed well judging by prices of tickets :lol: But anyway, if you know you can go to other places then you don't have to even worry about that :happy: 

If they go to NYC and somewhere upstate I'm going to both. :D Maybe Pennsylvania, too.  Making up for lost time...I've never seen them live!!!

Do they ever play in Providence Rhode Island or Boston...my son in college would love to see them live too. 

Just lost my bet on the album announcement :cry: We'll sure hear something in June!!! I hope. 

I'd really appreciate if the announced dates any time soon. I thought they would have announced them until now but nothing :( i have to make plans bc i begin to work in september

I'd totally go to all German dates and also the Austria ones! I thought about going to California for vacation but that probably won't work out now bc they haven't announced anything yet =/

13 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

I'd really appreciate if the announced dates any time soon. I thought they would have announced them until now but nothing :( i have to make plans bc i begin to work in september

I'd totally go to all German dates and also the Austria ones! I thought about going to California for vacation but that probably won't work out now bc they haven't announced anything yet =/

We want to plan a longer holiday for October as well and it's hard to do so if you not know about any dates. :dry:

I'll go and see them in London once, maybe twice if they did a secret/smaller show in addition to an arena/stadium one. I live a 2 hour train ride from a city they always play and I'm more than happy with getting to see them once or twice on a tour so no need to bother travelling further. Tbh I hope the tour isn't that soon, I'd rather have extra time to save up :P 

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'll go and see them in London once, maybe twice if they did a secret/smaller show in addition to an arena/stadium one. I live a 2 hour train ride from a city they always play and I'm more than happy with getting to see them once or twice on a tour so no need to bother travelling further. Tbh I hope the tour isn't that soon, I'd rather have extra time to save up :P 

Exact same situ as me, weirdly similar :P 

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything until the end of July.. A few weeks after Blink's new album comes out. I know they're friends and I doubt Green Day will wanna steal their thunder.

6 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

Dude knows.

& I like Lady Cobra.

I've been saving up for years for this tour i'm gonna do so many shows lol

It would be nice to get tour dates early for trip planning. I want to go to as many shows as possible that will work with my schedule. There is a Reading and Leeds announcement Friday -- Could it be?:ermm:

5 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

If they go to NYC and somewhere upstate I'm going to both. :D Maybe Pennsylvania, too.  Making up for lost time...I've never seen them live!!!

I''ll definitely go to NYC and Philly, assuming they will also perform there.

I'd love it they were both on the same weekend. However, one of them will probably be during the week and in that case I'll have to get seats, depending on dates and if missing class ism't too bad of an option.

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived