Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

You guys never heard American Idiot? Well thank god you didn't.

~ Trump. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

You guys never heard American Idiot? Well thank god you didn't.

Yeah...you're not gonna win that battle :P

4 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I'm as excited about GD as ever! I am enjoying this process though, having more and more details slowly leak out. I think we'll get some kind of major announcement by summer.

It makes sense because if you remember back in 2012, they announced they were in the studio recording the trilogy in mid-April, Oh Love came out as a single in mid July, and ¡UNO! was out in late September.

57 minutes ago, Joe Van Winkle said:

It makes sense because if you remember back in 2012, they announced they were in the studio recording the trilogy in mid-April, Oh Love came out as a single in mid July, and ¡UNO! was out in late September.

Pretty sure it was Valentine's Day (mid February)

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

Some hardcore Green Day would be fantastic.  Drop-B guitar tunings, double kick drum, screaming, etc. Do it, Billie.

Noooo thank you

Drop tunings would be cool to mess with, and double bass can be nice when done correctly (I personally feel it's abused frequently), but I can't stand screaming vocals, especially ones that are unintelligible. It can work for me when used sparingly, but constant screaming in an inhuman voice comes off as posturing. Yelling is another thing (think Minor Threat), because that sounds like real person, but when it's faux-demon wailing it gets old. Green Day has done spot on yelling before (GIMME GIMME REVOLUTION in Know Your Enemy) so if they did a bit more of that it'd be fine.

Nimrod is one of those albums that really gives you a good idea of how musically intelligent a person is. I think that if you know what you're talking about, you would appreciate Nimrod.

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Nimrod is one of those albums that really gives you a good idea of how musically intelligent a person is. I think that if you know what you're talking about, you would appreciate Nimrod.

You think a lot of asinine things. I'd be willing to put my music and music theory knowledge up against you any day of the fucking week. 

Nimrod marked a definite shift for them in terms of what they were doing musically. I appreciate what they did because it led to Warning (which is their biggest musical shift) as well as AI and 21St CB. I can appreciate Nimrod for paving the path to their future, I just don't like the album.

3 hours ago, Matt. said:

Pretty sure it was Valentine's Day (mid February)

It was April when they announced the trilogy. But they did enter the studio on Valentine's Day. 

So ye are both right :lol:

I've been wondering what those hashtags, #Revrad and #Otis might mean. Could #Revrad mean the album title, perhaps something like Revolution Radio? And could #Otis be a character in a new rock opera?

Otis is Billie's new studio, housed off the back of 1-2-3-4 Go Records. As for revrad, that's anybody's guess. But people here have been thinking it's possibly alluding to an album title.

Revolution Radio

Revolver Radio

Revolution Radical

Revolver Radical

Reverend ???

26 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Otis is Billie's new studio, housed off the back of 1-2-3-4 Go Records.

This is the piece of information that I brought forward that Green Day's team had the biggest problem with becoming public knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This is the piece of information that I brought forward that Green Day's team had the biggest problem with becoming public knowledge.

Any particular reason for that? This board is full of amateur sleuths; somebody would have figured it out based eventually. I mean, the way those photos were picked apart and analyzed, then the Instagram from guy making t-shirts ... it was bound to happen. And it turns out everyone who thought that was right. All you did "wrong" was provide some confirmation and maybe a little context.

I looked at the Google street view images of the area behind the record store a couple weeks back. With a keen enough eye, you could tell from the architecture that's where certain photos were taken.

All this is to say, I'm sorry you and your friend got in some hot water over it, but I'm not sure you're much more guilty than the rest of us.

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

Any particular reason for that? This board is full of amateur sleuths; somebody would have figured it out based eventually. I mean, the way those photos were picked apart and analyzed, then the Instagram from guy making t-shirts ... it was bound to happen. And it turns out everyone who thought that was right. All you did "wrong" was provide some confirmation and maybe a little context.

I looked at the Google street view images of the area behind the record store a couple weeks back. With a keen enough eye, you could tell from the architecture that's where certain photos were taken.

All this is to say, I'm sorry you and your friend got in some hot water over it, but I'm not sure you're much more guilty than the rest of us.

My best guess is that some fans decided to show up or stalk the area and it became a problem. All I know is that they had a big issue with the fans knowing exactly where the band was recording.

That would have been my guess, but surely people are respectful enough - outside a few nutbars - to not try and bother anyone in the middle of things? I dunno..

4 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

That would have been my guess, but surely people are respectful enough - outside a few nutbars - to not try and bother anyone in the middle of things? I dunno..

You underestimate the ability of some people to not set respectable boundaries. 

Since the band don't want the location out there, let's drop this conversation. It happened, it's done, let's not keep it going and providing fodder for other people to dig around. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Since the band don't want the location out there, let's drop this conversation. It happened, it's done, let's not keep it going and providing fodder for other people to dig around. 

I knew they put you in charge of this place for a reason :)

People are fucked, I know that. But for the sake of not starting anymore trouble, I'm done. Sorry. Carry on.

Just now, Ryan said:

I knew they put you in charge of this place for a reason :)

I have a Ph.D. in dealing with Green Day fans. 

Just now, Fuzz said:

I have a Ph.D. in dealing with Green Day fans. 

Even those crazy chicks that are in the front of the line (or bitching about not being in the front) at every damn show?!?!

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived