Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

3 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

How come? Will is a talented musician and has proven himself to be a good producer. Just because his type of music isn't punkrock doesn't mean Billie automatically hates the dude. Lets not forget Foreverly and Money Money 2020 here, not exactly music that paints Billie as narrow-minded as it seems like you think he is.

I'm basing that off of an interview I read with Billie saying, and I quote 'My idea of hell would be listening to Black Eyed Peas on repeat' lol

I don't want to get personal on here (the reason I like coming on here) but I will say that I'm not the type that acts buddy buddy with people I don't like. I treat everyone with equal respect, but if I don't like them, or the kind of music they make, I won't pretend to lol.. It's just me.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, st_trillie said:

Not everyone who hangs out/takes a photo with Billie is working on the album. 

This. To tell the truth I hadn't known that Will.I.Am is also a producer until I visited this thread :D

i hope no one closes this thread until i've finished playing bingo.

8 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

All we need now is a picture of Lady Cobra within one hundred miles of Otis/Billie and everyone will have a meltdown :lol:

I just let out the ugliest laugh. don't give them ideas :D 

40 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree because I'd rather make a Joke in a fun and important conversation then to read about a goofball like will.i.am on a Green Day thread. 

50 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

if you two want to argue about this we have a private message system. 

Just now, Jake69 said:

you haven't got bingo yet wow

hey, it didn't start until the sheet was posted. the posts before don't count. but i have my marker at the ready. 

If will i am is producing lets say a rock groups album I doubt he would make it sound like his own bands music just because he is in the black eyed peas doesn't mean he would make the album sound that way. You also don't know his credentials he may have a ton more experience producing rock things and you're just not aware of those projects. I think most people are bashing him for lousy and half-baked reasons (AGAIN this doesn't even matter cause the albums probably done or near finished and currently being produced by someone entirely different obviously)

sorry that was bugging me

15 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

If will i am is producing lets say a rock groups album I doubt he would make it sound like his own bands music just because he is in the black eyed peas doesn't mean he would make the album sound that way. You also don't know his credentials he may have a ton more experience producing rock things and you're just not aware of those projects. I think most people are bashing him for lousy and half-baked reasons (AGAIN this doesn't even matter cause the albums probably done or near finished and currently being produced by someone entirely different obviously)

sorry that was bugging me

If Billie didn't compare listening to his biggest group to hell, I'd agree with you. I highly doubt Donald Trump would appoint Hillary Clinton to remain as Secretary of State after saying she was the worst in history lol!

I'm not saying anything bad about will.i.am because I don't know enough about him.. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely he'd be attached to anything with Green Day.. especially if he produces music like BEP. It shouldn't bother you that most people wouldn't want will.i.am producing a Green Day record because it makes little to no sense that he would.

Regardless, I'm hoping you're right and the album is already done :)

44 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

I'm basing that off of an interview I read with Billie saying, and I quote 'My idea of hell would be listening to Black Eyed Peas on repeat' lol

I don't want to get personal on here (the reason I like coming on here) but I will say that I'm not the type that acts buddy buddy with people I don't like. I treat everyone with equal respect, but if I don't like them, or the kind of music they make, I won't pretend to lol.. It's just me.

First you can't take what Billie says as 100% truth all the time secondly he didn't attack BEP personally here's a shocker you can dislike a band or a movie or a tv show etc and not have issues with the people behind the music/movie/shows case in point I don't like Drake's music at all but of all the times I've been around him in person he's a nice person he's funny 

"GDC, where we run out of actual news or new ideas and turn on each other in whatever way is easiest."

58 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Well I wouldn't want to listen to the trilogy on repeat, but luckily GD has made other music, just like Will.I.Am has

5 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

"GDC, where we run out of actual news or new ideas and turn on each other in whatever way is easiest."

who will be voted out next, find out next week on big brother gdc edition

5 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

First you can't take what Billie says as 100% truth all the time secondly he didn't attack BEP personally here's a shocker you can dislike a band or a movie or a tv show etc and not have issues with the people behind the music/movie/shows case in point I don't like Drake's music at all but of all the times I've been around him in person he's a nice person he's funny 

I know he didn't attack BEP personally, but I'm just saying that if he would compare listening to their music to hell, it would be unlikely that he would want to work with them on a business/music level.

For all I know, Billie and will.i.am get along great on a personal level and really like each other, but if I was will.i.am and read the article when Billie said that, I wouldn't go out of my way to be friendly, even if it was just a crack about his music. I would still be respectful if need be, but it would be hard to be buddy buddy unless specifically talking it out.

Its just my opinion though, a lot of people would disagree.

So can we stop talking about will.i.am now? I thought people were starting to stop but the conversation has started again. Talk about the album!

21 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

So can we stop talking about will.i.am now? I thought people were starting to stop but the conversation has started again. Talk about the album!

Indeed. It's already page 260. To close the producer case, the only answers can be Vig, Cavallo or themselves on realistic terms. All we know is that the album will probably  (don't take this as uneducated speculation because I'm using the second marker from an earlier post including a screen shot from reddit) come between the beginning of September and November 5th and the instruments featuring on the album will be guitars, bass and drums. All lyrics by Billie Joe Armstrong (unless noted). All music by Green Day.

1 minute ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

To close the producer case, the only answers can be Vig, Cavallo or themselves on realistic terms. 

This assumption is based on absolutely nothing though. No one would have guessed Butch Vig until it was announced he was the producer. Everyone needs to remember my number one rule about being a Green Day fan: don't assume anything.

5 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

This assumption is based on absolutely nothing though. No one would have guessed Butch Vig until it was announced he was the producer. Everyone needs to remember my number one rule about being a Green Day fan: don't assume anything.

But he's more likely than William Adams, to use his real name. That would make no more sense than saying Skrillex is a runner. Just because of a picture from 6 months ago, doesn't mean anything more than they probably bumped into each other in the street. It may be making an ass out of you and me but it's very much likely to be someone they've worked with before or someone like Rich Costey, considering the sound that would result being something existing fans would want.

13 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

It may be making an ass out of you and me but it's very much likely to be someone they've worked with before or someone like Rich Costey, considering the sound that would result being something existing fans would want.

Implying that they make decisions based on what "their fans would want" and not what they think is best ...

"I write for myself and I'll say anything I damn well please." - Billie Joe  

Accurate then, accurate now.

EDIT: Also, Bingo, I guess? I've never played Bingo, so I figured it works like tic tac toe. Sue me. :) 

tumblr_ob3t9ho26b1r5w7ofo1_400.png

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

Implying that they make decisions based on what "their fans would want" and not what they think is best ...

"I write for myself and I'll say anything I damn well please." - Billie Joe  

Accurate then, accurate now.

Exactly. Will.i.am instantly out of the question from past remarks, despite his production portfolio. He'd be more likely to have the Chuckle Brothers produce the album. You probably won't get the reference unless you're British, so Google it.

2 hours ago, st_trillie said:

All we need now is a picture of Lady Cobra within one hundred miles of Otis/Billie and everyone will have a meltdown :lol:

Maybe they are, you don't know!  It's possible that EVERYONE within a hundred miles of Billie is involved in the album.   Big group vocals and what not.    I'm hoping for Jack Hoppus to be album 12 because why not.   This thread man.   This freaking thread.   HAHAHAH

10 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Exactly. Will.i.am instantly out of the question from past remarks, despite his production portfolio. He'd be more likely to have the Chuckle Brothers produce the album. You probably won't get the reference unless you're British, so Google it.

I wish we all could just stop speculating about fucking Will.I.Am by now. If I've ever regretted anything, then bringing that up. Who gives a fuck if he produces it or not, tbh. Let's just wait and see until they actually announce it, because by now we must have discussed every possible producer that could by any chance maybe produce it, and it's all just repetition from there. Could be anyone really.

And nah. 

5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I wish we all could just stop speculating about fucking Will.I.Am by now. If I've ever regretted anything, then bringing that up. Who gives a fuck if he produces it or not, tbh. Let's just wait and see until they actually announce it, because by now we must have discussed every possible producer that could by any chance maybe produce it, and it's all just repetition from there. Could be anyone really.

And nah. 

Just to help you out with another bingo line, John Feldman again.

2 minutes ago, HeyOldManInWomansShoes said:

One Week

One week what?

7 minutes ago, HeyOldManInWomansShoes said:

One Week

First post in the 12 years you've been a member. Goddamn. Who are you? What do you know? Why are you doing this to us?

Joined 12 years ago... 1 post... a cryptic message... is this someone from the band? :D 

11 minutes ago, HeyOldManInWomansShoes said:

One Week

THE NUMBERS, MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN

• Fuzz locked this topic

Archived