Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

I might actually go insane if we don't get news soon. I have been compulsively and obsessively checking Green Day related stuff out on the internet just hoping and praying for some sort of news about the new album or a tour. I have done this religiously throughout my daily routine ever since fucking Ni-Fi got canceled. (That was what? like last May?). At that time I figured the longest I would have to wait would be like February or March. It is now June ... I am going to explode. What the fuck is wrong with me? I have always liked Green Day but theres just something different about this time around.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck, I really miss that feeling of them being around. It just hit me hard lol 

9 hours ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

I might actually go insane if we don't get news soon. I have been compulsively and obsessively checking Green Day related stuff out on the internet just hoping and praying for some sort of news about the new album or a tour. I have done this religiously throughout my daily routine ever since fucking Ni-Fi got canceled. (That was what? like last May?). At that time I figured the longest I would have to wait would be like February or March. It is now June ... I am going to explode. What the fuck is wrong with me? I have always liked Green Day but theres just something different about this time around.

July. The 17th :P 

13 hours ago, Lone said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNW2uw9cX0luLbfFcVAhk-qRt61a9CJ_P2nChEJKzY0/edit?usp=sharing

Give me your bets (PMs preferred). You can tell me when they will announce something, release the first single, release the album, and/or start touring.

Sorry I didn't read the first part and asked for permission to edit. I'll PM you!

I think the hype will still decline significantly before an announcement of any sort. I expected them to be much further on in the process and when the pics from the studio started showing up I was surprised.

27 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

I think the hype will still decline significantly before an announcement of any sort. I expected them to be much further on in the process and when the pics from the studio started showing up I was surprised.

Just because they're still in the studio doesn't mean they're not far along. They could be recording overdubs at this point or messing around with mixes. Or who knows, they could be recording finals now, which shouldn't take these guys too long knowing how much they demo and have the songs down before going into the studio (judging by previous actions). If they can record almost 40 songs in two months, I think they can record 15-20 in less than half that time.

6 hours ago, Taylor_k2008 said:

Fuck, I really miss that feeling of them being around. It just hit me hard lol 

I know what you mean but this will be over soon. ;) 

I'm starting to think we'll have a late June/early July announcement. One of Billie Joe's friends who has been building guitars for his Broken Guitars shop has a 1954 Les Paul Junior that's getting a metal flake paint job and it has be to finished before the end of the month so it can be "ready to go back on tour". He's made several hints that it is Billie Joe's guitar.

I don't see the hints that this could be Billie's guitar. Where are you looking?

This is exciting indeed!

14 hours ago, Dirty Liar said:

I don't see the hints that this could be Billie's guitar. Where are you looking?

The OP mentioned that the guy is a friend of Billie's and he helps out with stuff at Broken Guitars store.  The Instagram poster said it's getting ready for a tour and the owner has a "big clout."  The hints are there.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Liar said:

He's hashtagging the guitar store Billie co owns and says the owner has a bit of clout 

plus Billies love for Les Paul Juniors 

"

pinchyboo67Is that Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar, by any chance???

schroomcustomguitarworksIf I was giving out prizes I guess you win! "

AHHHHHH IMMA EXPLODE

5 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

"

pinchyboo67Is that Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar, by any chance???

schroomcustomguitarworksIf I was giving out prizes I guess you win! "

AHHHHHH IMMA EXPLODE

Hahahaha guess what, I'm pinchyboo67 :) I get the prize for the best trolling....if there was one :)

I replied that I can't wait to see and hear it on tour! :)

1 hour ago, Nimrod09 said:

This is very exciting! :dance:

It was great detective work?

Awesome guitar! If it really is Billie's I hope the guy won't be in trouble for revealing it :P 

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Awesome guitar! If it really is Billie's I hope the guy won't be in trouble for revealing it :P 

I guess I shouldn't post on GDA, as I was originally thinking.

34 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Hahahaha guess what, I'm pinchyboo67 :) I get the prize for the best trolling....if there was one :)

I replied that I can't wait to see and hear it on tour! :)

Ah that's you! I always wondered where that Insta follow came from.

I would have posted this sooner but I spent two days trying to remember my password lol, I finally gave up and changed it today. I'm hyped for this new album like no other. 

Now I can't wait to see that sparkly gold guitar when I finally see GD  live! 

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Ah that's you! I always wondered where that Insta follow came from.

Actually that was an old account I don't really use, it must have still been logged in on my tablet. My new account is genxidiot,  just like on here. :)

5 hours ago, Mary711 said:

I know what you mean but this will be over soon. ;) 

I hope so! Had to watch BIAB this morning lol

1 minute ago, Taylor_k2008 said:

I hope so! Had to watch BIAB this morning lol

Aaaww what a hardship:lol:

I think/hope they announce the album, drop a single and announce a tour on the same day.

9 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I think/hope they announce the album, drop a single and announce a tour on the same day.

What day is that?

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived