Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

1 minute ago, Siddharth_471 said:

I want my new GD album without standard tunings.

I've never looked into this or tried learning enough songs to see. How were they usually tuned in the past?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Harry Potter. said:

I've never looked into this or tried learning enough songs to see. How were they usually tuned in the past?

Can't tell much technically but they were more down-tuned.

Just now, Siddharth_471 said:

Can't tell much technically but they were more down-tuned.

I'm hoping for a really dark political concept album with guitars tuned really low with lots of distortion.

The Trilogy was announced in mid-April of 2012, five months before UNO came out. 21st Century Breakdown was announced in February of 2009, three months before its release. American Idiot was announced in May of 2004, four months before its release.

If the new album is to come out in September or October, I'd say we can expect an announcement as early as May, but likely in June or July.

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Everything was down a half step till Nimrod, since then majority of the songs was in standard tuning 

34 minutes ago, Matt. said:

The Trilogy was announced in mid-April of 2012, five months before UNO came out. 21st Century Breakdown was announced in February of 2009, three months before its release. American Idiot was announced in May of 2004, four months before its release.

If the new album is to come out in September or October, I'd say we can expect an announcement as early as May, but likely in June or July.

it might just hinge on Billie Joe now!   Maybe Billie will spill some more beans on Saturday or play a new song, and they'll have to get us some more official information after his Geezer gig!!! 

I wasn't expecting my post to be so popular! I figured that an album coming out in the fall was likely to happen anyway based in the info we already had so I didn't think it was a big deal. Sometimes I've been fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time. I was also (technically) the first person here to discover that Green Day was playing at Gilman last year, although I thought it was The Frustrators at first. In that case all I did reason from the information that was available. Perhaps I'd make a good detective. Anyway, I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble, because that was the last thing I wanted to do. I especially don't want Billie Joe to be pissed at me for posting about it, since he was kind enough to give me and my little buddy a moment of his time during his busy day when he really didn't have to. This is why I love this band so much; I have now met Billie, Mike, and Tre all in person and the three of them were really down-to-earth and friendly. No big egos or arrogance. Green Day is a class act all the way. They have been my favorite band since Dookie and I have supported them through thick and thin the entire time. All this experience has done is reinforce my beliefs that Green Day is the greatest band on the planet.

Also, I want to thank the GDA team for featuring my original post on the homepage.

^^ you got a selfie with Billie AND name-checked in a news article because of that little meeting. How cool is that?

SO EXCITING to have official confirmation regarding the new album. Now I just want it to come out already :P

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

I'm planning on doing that as well. Over the past few years, I've learned that I miss that element of surprise and listening to an album and knowing none of the songs besides a lead single.  The Trilogy is a prime example.  Unfortunately, a lot of marketing tactics these days are centered around releasing 3-4 songs before an album is out.

Speaking about that, will there be a separate thread for leaks, shitty live recordings of new songs etc. so that those of us who will not want to have the new album spoilered out can safely keep coming to this place?

All I want to know is if Billie will finally promote an album since its release while blonde. Blonde albums are the best.

36 minutes ago, Clayish said:

I really want them to deliver another solid LP. I know it's in them.

Same here. I don't want another album that sounds like the Trilogy or I'll really start questioning their choices.

never thought I'd see green day top trending on Facebook. this is a big day. Prepare youself for new and fresh gdcers making their way here.

XtCjyPD.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, Cath said:

never thought I'd see green day top trending on Facebook. this is a big day. Prepare youself for new and fresh gdcers making their way here.

Eh, those trending topics are partially based on your interests. I saw a trending topic about Billie's birthday in February, and I know that's not big enough to make national news.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Eh, those trending topics are partially based on your interests. I saw a trending topic about Billie's birthday in February, and I know that's not big enough to make national news.

Yes you're right a little part is due to the fact that I like their page, but they also take in consideration other factors

So this is it... they finally made a move. Its a small move but they have finally responded to the media.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter. said:

Good one.

You're right, no way it could be as good.

4 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

All I want to know is if Billie will finally promote an album since its release while blonde. Blonde albums are the best.

Nah, when he dyes it back to black, we'll really know that Green Day stuff is going to happen . Green Day=Black hair on Billie :lol:

If it wasn't for this trending on Facebook today I wouldn't have had any idea that they were recording a new album.

I've grown distant from Green Day and their music over the past couple of years (after being on a kick for approximately 10-12 years). I think a lot of it has to do with me discovering older gems and realizing that much bigger and better things exist outside of the punk rockers from Oakland, California.

9 minutes ago, iScottie said:

..realizing that much bigger and better things exist outside of the punk rockers from Oakland, California.

I refuse to believe that there exists better things outside of Green Day, and I will consciously refute any evidence to the contrary in a delightful fit of willful ignorance. 

15 minutes ago, iScottie said:

If it wasn't for this trending on Facebook today I wouldn't have had any idea that they were recording a new album.

I've grown distant from Green Day and their music over the past couple of years (after being on a kick for approximately 10-12 years). I think a lot of it has to do with me discovering older gems and realizing that much bigger and better things exist outside of the punk rockers from Oakland, California.

And you decided to share this with us, why?

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived